PDA

View Full Version : Asus P5E Deluxe (Rebadged Rampage Formula)

pablo906
07-16-2008, 12:07 PM
So I just got a P5E Deluxe to replace my Biostar I45 and I can't get this thing to Post. It's out of the case, I only have 1 stick of Mushkin 996557 DDR2 800 Green in there, an OCZ 620W PS, the ones that had the tunable rails on the back with pots and LED's can't remember the model # and an 8800GT. This is my every day gaming rig and I can't seem to get through this run of bad hardware.

The RAM memtests fine for 24 hours, the CPU will post in the Biostar board no problem. The vid card posts and was tested on a P35 DFI DK board and runs fine. The only two things it could be is the board and the Power Supply, though the Power Supply was tested on an Athlon X2 4200+ with a DFI NF4 SLI UT and an 8800GT that my wife uses and works perfectly on that.

The boards behavior is that it turns on and after about 3 seconds turns off then 3 seconds later turns on again and continues this cycle indefinitely. Is there anything I can do to get this thing out of this cold boot loop? I do think it would work fine if I could just get it on long enough to flash the latest BIOS.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated at this point. I'm about to go postal and just throw all this crap away and start with a new rig from scratch.

So I figured out the problem, I pushed my chip too far on the last bench run on the I45 and fried it. I did get past 600FSB before it took a dive though which was nice.