PDA

View Full Version : Too Human Demo

Jim Morbid
07-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Has anyone downloaded the Too Human demo? Looking for a Diablo type game till, well, D3 comes out and was wondering how this looks?

JM

Lestat
07-16-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah i played it last night.

no its not diablo, not even close

its just a 3rd person action so called rpg
camera angles and controls are a piece of crap why ? because you wield a mele weapon and use the right thumbstick to do it while at the same time you use your right and left triggers to fire guns.

cool you say? no, the weapon controls are highly flawed and unresponsive when you move the camer doesnt work well, it gets in your way, then all the sudden it will spin around, but there are multiple camera angles and i did not try them all.. the only saving grace to the camera issues, and there are many, is it has a reset button for the camera to bring it back around behind you.

animation of the characters is sad, and animation of the striking during mele is sad.

this is going to be a prime example of a game that was absolutely 100% hyped to the point that the game just sucks when you get it.

the demo isnt horrible but its not near great either. its ok...

plus the whole norse god thing mixed with futuristic times and weapons is just retarded, it does not mix! norse gods died hundreds of years ago and to try and mix it with future times,,, it just sounds silly to hear poeple talking the way they do about the things they do,, and place it in the future,, it just doesnt work.

graphics are ok,, nothing special for the demo but maybe there is more later on.

right now i give it a pretty fair score. fair meaning neither good nor bad, just middle of the road.

but dont go into it thinking its anything close to diable, its not.

WrigleyVillain
07-16-2008, 12:08 PM
^ Thanks for saving me the download and some wasted time...

Jim Morbid
07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah thanks a lot (Hellgate all over again). Guess my badnwidth will be better spent on WoW till Diablo3 drops in 2052 :*(

JM

DilTech
07-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I could've told you too human would be pathetic. It's changed engines , what, 3 times?

Jim Morbid
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Changing engines doesn't make a game bad... it just increases the probabilty of it being trash greatly :p

Although, cant think of a single game that has changed its engine and turned out to be great (lets see if Duke Nuken Forever proves me wrong here, unless global warming kills us before its reasles).

JM

Lestat
07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
i'm not saying don't download it , it's a demo, thats why they posted it.
better to grab the demo now then buy the game later.

it is going to get destroyed in the reviews though i can almost guarentee you. i haven't read any of the E3 coverage on it though but i imagine they were getting boners over it.

Razor_Blade
08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I was suprised to see G4TV giving it a good score. Look up the review. I tend to have similar likes as them, so I am gonna DL it.