PDA

View Full Version : OT: Googlegear sued by Google??

TechTones
09-22-2003, 06:02 AM
If you go to www.googlegear.com now, it tells you they have never been associated with Google.com and it's now called, get this,

ZipZoomFly. No BS guys.

Try it www.googlegear.com

faruquehabib
09-22-2003, 06:11 AM
i like google.com, but i like googlegear more, so i say f*%k google.com. zipzoomfly will still be googlegear to me

Tweaked!
09-22-2003, 06:24 AM
Lol, guess thats what happens when you try to associate yourself with a known name. They should've expected something like this to happen. I have dealt with Googlegear before and they seem to have done right by me, but I've heard of a few rma nightmares with them for some others in the past.

JBELL
09-22-2003, 06:38 AM
geez I love corporate america...

TechTones
09-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Yes

Googlegear gives an excuse saying they changed their name for their own reasons but we know that's a lie. No compANy wants to change it's well known name out of the blue. They were either sued by Google or they didn't want to fight it and pay the court costs since they would probably loose.

"Googlegear Changes Name to ZipZoomFly.com
New Name Reaffirms Focus on High Performance Computer Products"

Newark, CA, Sept 15, 2003 - Googlegear, a leading e-tailer of computer components, today announced that its company name and website address has changed to ZipZoomFly.com.

"We had originally named the company Googlegear because our goal at the time was to offer a seemingly endless selection of products," said President/CEO May Chan. "'Googlegear' reflected this purpose, but as our focus changed, so did our need for a new identity. Our commitment now is to deliver the highest performance computer products to our customers. ZipZoomFly.com signifies our promise to stay on top of the pace at which technology moves. Our current annual growth rate is in excess of 100%, and we expect the new identity to continue pushing us to new levels."

Googlegear was dubbed Intel Corporation's "Etailer of the Year" in March 2003. The company is certified by CNET and Dealtime, and is a ResellerRatings Elite and Bizrate Gold store.

ZipZoomFly.com will continue to excel in all the areas that Googlegear was known for: comprehensive selection, low prices, an easy-to-use website, and a high quality of customer service. Customers will not see any disruption in the name change.

About ZipZoomFly.com

ZipZoomFly.com, a division of Xtraplus Corporation, was founded in 1998 and is currently a leader in the hardware arena. The company carries an extensive selection of the newest and highest performance computer hardware and peripherals. ZipZoomFly.com is located in Newark, CA. More information can be found at http://www.zipzoomfly.com or by emailing pr@zipzoomfly.com.

shray
09-24-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
geez I love corporate america...

Yea theres some pretty big Dumbazzes in the high ranks :rolleyes:

isp
09-24-2003, 05:03 PM
heh, was a complete suprise to me too when that info showed up in my mailbox... I always wondered if being associated with google and having google in the name would be a problem...

oh well....I'll still call it googlegear... :p:

Iridium192_217
10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
this reminds me of the WWF (wrestling) losing the lawsuit the WWF nature group so now they are WWE.