PDA

View Full Version : Best laptop

[cTx]Hype
07-12-2008, 05:12 AM
I was looking around at laptops and I wanted to see what every one here thought was the best.
Dell XPS 1730
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1730?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~xpsnb_m1730_anav2~~
AlienWare Area-51 m17
http://www.alienware.com/products/area-51-m17x-notebook.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AREA51M17X&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT
Sager NP 9262
http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=29175

The thing i like about the sager is that you have the option of putting a q9550 in it.

RPA
07-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Those are all good laptops. The Sager would have the best bang for the buck. I would go with the Sager or Alienware. What would you use it for? Heavy gaming? What kind of config are you looking at?

m0da
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
yup, really depends what you're looking to use it for.
PERSONALLY, I hate 15" and 17" notebooks... unfortunately, that's where all the goodies tend to be.

well here's something to think about... sager uses desktop processor (E, Q), Dell uses mobile processors (T).

anyway, if you decide to go with a smaller m1330 or m1530, you can get 20 or 25% off of $1249 and $1499 respectively with coupon codes... expire on the 16th. with m1530 though, there's only 8400mgs or 8600gt... eh you decide!! sager doesn't look bad at all though.
i didnt even look at the alienware, i'm pretty sure it's overpriced, but if it's not, great. i just don't want to look at that website lol...

gl! laptop searching is kinda tough...

[cTx]Hype
07-13-2008, 03:23 AM
This would be for gaming yes.

MINIz guy
07-13-2008, 05:36 AM
That Sager (Clevo) is the most powerful notebook for now. You may want to look around other sites for better prices on it though.

omaryunus
07-13-2008, 06:26 AM
looks and goodies wise I would say you should go with Alienware m17x. if you wanna go for the best bag for your buck its the sager its cheaper than the alienware and as its been said you get a desktop PC so its easier to find upgrades for your laptop. and the Dell i just think looks bad and has no bang for its buck thats my personal opinion. now a days you also have to see upgradability in this crazy world of a new technology coming out every other day. all three are very good for that they all have pretty good options to buy the GPU or CPU from Alienware ( they have their own form factor GPUs), Dell (they have upgrade kits usually) or Sager(these you can usualy find on ebay aswell). I personally just bought an Alienware m17x because i wanted my desktop replacement computer to look really good and at the same time be powerful. If you do go with alienware you will probably spend about 700 more than the Sager. but personally i liked all the little bells and whistles such as the illuminated keyboard and having the choice to change the color when i feel like it and then the personalized nameplate at the bottom whihc looks soo cool and ive always seen a pretty sturdy build quality in alienware such as their heat management and how easy they make it to upgrade their system and they give you all the info on their website. I think Dell is the same as alienware without the bells and whistle the m1730 costs about 400 dollars cheaper than the alienware but again you dont get those nice little personal features. I wanted the nameplate and i wanted the cool looking black laptop and i wanted all the goodies that came with the Alienware thats why i went for it and I was willing to spend the extra money for the alienware. All of the laptops you have listed can be exactly the same spec wise but what it ends up being about is the looks, the battery life(not always as i think all three of these are desktop replacement computers) and the warranty. In looks I would definitely choose Alienware, battery life like ive said is not that important to me and warranty dell and alienware are pretty much the same and are pretty good they get stuff done and Sager i just dont know personally but i know that a few of the things you have to pay for from Sager are included for no charge in both dell and alienware. theres my little rant about the laptops and heres the specs for the comp i got so you know:

Area-51® m17x
Video/Graphics Card: Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700M GT – SLI Enabled
Display: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology – Black
System Lighting: Alienware® AlienFX® System Lighting - Red
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz (3MB Cache 800MHz FSB)
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz – 2 x 2048MB
Operating System: Windows Vista® Home Premium with Service Pack 1
Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Internal Digital/Analog (ATSC) MiniCard TV Tuner with Express Card Media Center Remote Control
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 500GB (250GB x 2)
Optical Drive: 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW) w/ LightScribe Technology

well thats it hope you can decide a little with my help :D

2bad
07-22-2008, 12:22 AM
the sager is cheaper here:

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8660-built-clevo-m860tu-order-p-2411.html?wconfigure=yes

=)

brightwindow
07-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Those are very nice laptops, but I'd prefer someting small and light, anyway I need to take it here and there.