PDA

View Full Version : Another hx520 bites the dust

c64
07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Just in case you pop in yellowbeard my case number is
621030 any help greatly appreciated.

Was fine two weeks ago happily running an 8800gt 6420 on ip-35 pro.Been out of action for two weeks as I awaited a radeon 4850
4850 worked fine so I installed the drivers rebooted everything fine then shutdown the pc came back later turned my pc on alas no post code is 8.3. borrowed an old enermax 365 noisetaker from the downstairs pc hey presto boots up fine so is not the card.Tested hx520 on the barton rig and it's a no go so looks like i need to rma this sucker just relieved corsair now have a uk rma address or it wasn't worth paying the postage cost.
Anyway I found this most strange for it to suddenly not work there was no pop no smells no indication of it having degraded very odd hope it's not the card killing the psu.
It was bought 17/03/07 so not so bad I guess, are there issues with hx series and radeons and abit ?

Yellowbeard
07-12-2008, 06:37 AM
We have not seen any specific issues with the new cards yet at all. Just use the TSX EXPRESS (http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/default.aspx)for your RMA and it will direct you to the correct shipping area. Sorry you had the issue.

c64
07-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Yea the problem is I wont get my shipping area will I ? I will get an rma shipping address in holland which will cost me half the cost of the power supply to send it there.
So the moral is only buy corsair power supplies if you live in the netherlands as if you live anywhere else it will cost you a fortune to rma it when it breaks after about 15 months which is when these are seeming to.