PDA

View Full Version : Apogee GTX installation

NaMcO
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello and please excuse me if a similar thread has been opened already, but i searched for it didn't find anything.

I just got an Apogee GTX for my new system and i noticed the waterblock is not completely straight where it presses on the CPU. I know the previous versions didn't have this "feature" and one would simply mount it after applying the thermal grease. My question is:

Do i just apply the grease and mount the block or is there any special way to mount it? Any direction will do?

Excuse me for all the noobness but i keep searching for info on this and come up empty-handed. Thanks for any help :up:

NaMcO
07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Seems there's only a problem with the screws but i'm ok with that. Thanks for your help, i really should put more effort in searching :rolleyes:

jonny_ftm
07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Hello and please excuse me if a similar thread has been opened already, but i searched for it didn't find anything.

I just got an Apogee GTX for my new system and i noticed the waterblock is not completely straight where it presses on the CPU. I know the previous versions didn't have this "feature" and one would simply mount it after applying the thermal grease. My question is:

Do i just apply the grease and mount the block or is there any special way to mount it? Any direction will do?

Excuse me for all the noobness but i keep searching for info on this and come up empty-handed. Thanks for any help :up:

It is not straight because it is now pre-mounted with the thik O-ring, so already bowed for you. Just apply the TIM. If you use the backplate, you won't have any trouble to mount it.

On a quadcore, I tried many mounts (horizontal and vertical) many many times and none gave a better temperature