PDA

View Full Version : Event Wishlist

saaya
07-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey Guys,

I just talked to some coworkers about upcomming events and what we could do there... then i realized, we are making those events for you guys, and we build our booths for you guys, so we might as well just ask you directly, what would you like to see on events/on a booth :doh: :D

what are you more interested in?
a game section to play some games?
what games would you like to see there? far cry2? any other soon to be released title? :D
Or any currently available games? Single player or multi player?
and ocing section to play with the hardware?
or rather a stage to watch some guys bench and maybe share some tips with you guys? or would you like to have a few systems there waiting to be oced and ln2 cooled by yourself? :D

Would you like the ocing section to be a rather open area or a bit secluded with less noise? ow about the gaming section?
bright light or maybe dimmed light? Would you like a chillout section to sit back and relax a bit? how about snacks or drinks? What about girls :D

would you like a show with some nice girls dancing or performing some athletics, or rather just some nice boothbabes to take pics with and chat? or are you all about the hardware? :D hehehe

The more feedback the better, and please let me know for where the suggestion is, as the wishlist for CES might be very different compared to the Games Convention wishlist etc.

Planet
07-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Ln2 and Girls are a must. Thats my 2 cents

saaya
07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
come on, even my mom knows that those two are a must for a hardware booth :D

girls doing what?
quantity or quality?
ln2 for everybody to try or ln2 show on stage?
more details please! :D

Planet
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
We gotta get the girls pouring the pots and the guys relaxing man :p: Oh yea and beer to :toast2:

Nah something like CES this year was alot of fun. Maybe two setups with a couple guys benching so everybody gets a turn.

Harshal
07-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Gals + Beer + LN2 bench rig [* 2] should be right...
tho gaming section with new releases is good too if some1 wants to try hands at that :D

Movieman
07-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I'd like to see an event on the East coast of the US for a change.
Everything that happens in the US is west coast.
Now Boston would be nice for starters..:D

saaya
07-11-2008, 12:40 AM
hmmm the girls might actually like pouring the ln2 :D
thats a good idea heheh :D
itll be hard to focus on the rig with 2 hot chics refilling the cpu and gpu pots tho... :lol:
how about a third chic giving you a foot massag and a 4th working on your neck? :hrhr:

beer and 2 seperate rigs, sounds good...
one nehalem with quadfire 4870 and one tripple sli 280s or 2 nehalem systems, one with crossfire and one with sli? :D
*counts seconds for dave to reply* :lol:

beer sounds good, maybe everybody can bring some good beer from their home-countries, so we should end up with a nice collection :D

Movieman
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
hmmm the girls might actually like pouring the ln2 :D
thats a good idea heheh :D
itll be hard to focus on the rig with 2 hot chics refilling the cpu and gpu pots tho... :lol:
how about a third chic giving you a foot massag and a 4th working on your neck? :hrhr:

beer and 2 seperate rigs, sounds good...
one nehalem with quadfire 4870 and one tripple sli 280s or 2 nehalem systems, one with crossfire and one with sli? :D
*counts seconds for dave to reply* :lol:

beer sounds good, maybe everybody can bring some good beer from their home-countries, so we should end up with a nice collection :D

1-2 minutes..
Don't need the girls, the beer or the SLI.
Just leave a Bloomfield rig and a Gainstown rig near an exit door and I'll show you how fast an old guy can move when motivated!:rofl:

BenchZowner
07-11-2008, 01:04 AM
F*** Dave man, every time you post I'm nearly a 100% sure that I'll laugh out loud while reading your post :D
Run Dave, run! :p:

Sascha...hmm... let me think about it, and when my mind and myself reach a conclusion I'll let you know :p:

Movieman
07-11-2008, 01:08 AM
F*** Dave man, every time you post I'm nearly a 100% sure that I'll laugh out loud while reading your post :D
Run Dave, run! :p:

Sascha...hmm... let me think about it, and when my mind and myself reach a conclusion I'll let you know :p:

I am glad that I can provide some comic releif here!:D

Now you'll excuse me as I have to prepare my legs for the possibility of having to make a fast "grab and run"
HMM, in 1967 I ran a 4:38 mile.
Today that would translate into me running a 4:38 100 yard dash!:rofl:

HDCHOPPER
07-11-2008, 01:15 AM
or rather a stage to watch some guys bench and maybe share some tips with you guys? or would you like to have a few systems there waiting to be oced and ln2 cooled by yourself?

Would you like the ocing section to be a rather open area or a bit secluded with less noise? ow about the gaming section?
bright light or maybe dimmed light? Would you like a chillout section to sit back and relax a bit? how about snacks or drinks? What about girls :yepp:

yes yes yes and yes :up:

saaya
07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
hen my mind and myself reach a conclusion I'll let you know :p:damn man, you sound quite mentally unstable :lol:
tell that chic to stop messing with your head! just look at dave, hes been married 3 times afaik and hes a first class nutjob alright! :nuts:

or rather a stage to watch some guys bench and maybe share some tips with you guys? or would you like to have a few systems there waiting to be oced and ln2 cooled by yourself?

bright light or maybe dimmed light? Would you like a chillout section to sit back and relax a bit? how about snacks or drinks? What about girls :yepp:

yes yes yes and yes :up:

you replied yes to a list of OR questions :D

so you want:

ocing section to play with the hardware
+

a stage to watch some guys bench and maybe share some tips

and you want:

a chillout section to sit back and relax a bit with some snacks or drinks and some girls

right? :D

i dont understand the rest
oc section
bright light or dimmed light?
secluded or open section?

gaming section
bright light or dimmed light?
secluded or open section?

HDCHOPPER
07-11-2008, 03:11 AM
yes on hand playing with the ln2 & girls for us hahahaahahhaaha

rdrash
07-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Wow...some tough questions. Hmmmm..requires some deep thought.

Definitely would like to have a semi secluded area with plenty of hardware and ln2 to play with and then perhaps at the end have a sort of competition (5-10 guys/gals) in a more open area (stage) to demonstrate to the masses what the scene is about and drive up the excitement while the competitors torture hardware under ln2. Bright lights in the secluded area...dim lit during the following competition (maybe at night with just spot lights on the competition on stage)...Girls...of course yes, booth babes who can chat and display ehhh...hardware, lots of hardware (I mean motherboards, ram, gpu, etc...so get your minds out-a-d-gutter). Beer, that would make it all so much more ehhh..enjoyable (like the idea of folks bringin a brew or two from their respective home country/state). I don't play games so much anymore, but I can see how that would be an attraction for the masses. Definitely a sharing session with some benching masters would be awesome...I can use alot of tips as I've only been at this seriously for about 9-10 months...only been onto ln2 in the past 2 or 3 months....I need to chat with some masters...pick their brains for a good bit.

I know I'm asking alot...but that's my kriskringle list :)

oh and prizes for the folks chosen to compete...maybe some gear under NDA ...that would be really great.

BenchZowner
07-11-2008, 03:52 AM
I've been thinking....about the girls... hmmm... perhaps you could get some and "equip" them with various hardware ( motherboards, CPUs, RAMs, and such ) hidden in their underwear...
The attendants should be able to "talk them out" and make them strip.
The hardware exposed goes to the guy who made the girl take the clothes off.

Hmm....you might need an "adult section booth" if you chose to follow my idea :p:

I'll be back later on with more...feasible ideas :p:

metro.cl
07-11-2008, 06:27 AM
What about some SA events?

FatAlbert
07-11-2008, 07:30 AM
about oc.

I can see this like that:

5 computers, balckops+2gb rams+hdd+psu+9800gtx+E8400+3H ;)

all on air, 2d 1m, 3d - 3dm01/vantage or somthing other benchmarks :D mine is for example

and competitions who is da best on air :D

or the same but under ln2?

low clock 5400 cpu ? ha?!

and the best, meeting with oc legends ;)

I think a lot people from here, vr-zone and many many users for other teams/websites/forums want to meet the best ocers :D

it's not funny ;)

only for example :D

and

I want be there (but i can't) :cool: :rolleyes:

and couple platforms with amd cpus for suicide guys, amd+ln2= bomb :D

and maybe ocing deneb on fox boards ? like 790gx+sb750 or nf ?

ps

I'm not a fanaboy :D

naokaji
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Now you'll excuse me as I have to prepare my legs for the possibility of having to make a fast "grab and run"

with an x58 board packed with a nehalem and 12 GB DDR3 I'm sure you could do the mile in under 4:p:

saaya
07-14-2008, 03:15 AM
oh and prizes for the folks chosen to compete...maybe some gear under NDA ...that would be really great.
good ideas, but that last one isnt possible for sure, lol :D
unless its foxconn nda hardware... but we dont use ndas at quantum force, so... :D

I'll be back later on with more...feasible ideas :p:ok :P :D
id like to have girls strip too, but dont forget most of the visitors at games convention for example are 12 yo :D

What about some SA events?
sure, why not :)
any recommendations? :D

MotF Bane
07-16-2008, 04:51 AM
I'd like to see an event on the East coast of the US for a change.
Everything that happens in the US is west coast.
Now Boston would be nice for starters..:D

Agreed.

I am glad that I can provide some comic releif here!:D

Would you prefer a getaway driver?

Nosfer@tu
07-17-2008, 01:41 PM
OC for the masses mate :D

1 guy helping out at each mobo making sure they dont kill them selfs overclocking with ln2.

Show how easy it is so more users start to OC with dryice and ln2...

naokaji
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Show how easy it is so more users start to OC with dryice and ln2...

the hardest part is getting hold of dice and ln2... hardware to cool with? no problem, work some extra hours, ln2 pot? no problem, plenty of people around you can ask to make you one, but then when it comes to dice / ln2 it can get very hard to find it depending on where you live.

SoF
08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I am just starting with preparations for G|C now :D
Unfortunatly I was on a business trip last days and couldn't get more dice - my mars still with pot from monday (but wasn't successfull this time)

Now building up Phenom with a couple of HD 4850 - from time to time it feels good to have something different to overclock ;)
http://s1.directupload.net/images/080816/temp/b5iro6xa.jpg (http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/1523/b5iro6xa_jpg.htm) http://s6.directupload.net/images/080816/temp/ie3ek33z.jpg (http://s6.directupload.net/file/d/1523/ie3ek33z_jpg.htm) http://s2.directupload.net/images/080816/temp/e37akqvm.jpg (http://s2.directupload.net/file/d/1523/e37akqvm_jpg.htm)