PDA

View Full Version : Review Of Razer Lachesis Muta Muta Mouse

private_tank
07-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Review Of Razer Lachesis Muta Muta Mouse

The Lachesis came shipped in a plain brown box

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview1.jpg

Packaging:
The packaging on this product displayed the mouse nicely while giving you detailed information on the specs and features that will help the buyer understand what this mouse is capable of.

The sleek packaging is very attractive and appealing.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview2.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview3.jpg

Whats in the box:
This mouse comes with:
A Master guide with driver disk in the back,
A quick start guide,
A Certificate of authenticity,
A Razer product guide,
A card with a description of the mouse on it,
A sheet of stickers containing two of the Razer logo stickers.

Features:
With more features than any mouse in it's price bracket the Razer Lachesis is a monster with 4000 dpi (the most of any mouse currently made) you are getting unprecedented sensitivity and control. For extreme gaming this is crucial to getting the perfect shot. As a sniper I saw my kills become more accurate and more precise in both COD4 and BF2 using this.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/IMG_0565.jpg

The on board memory lets you save profiles on the mouse so if you go to a LAN event you don't have to set up your mouse again, all you do is
plug and play. The 60-100 inches per second is again the highest available and allows for the most precise mousing possible and currently this is the only mouse that is truly ambidextrous, allowing for both right and left handed use. Being right handed I thought this might make it uncomfortable,but this has proven to be the most comfortable mouse I have used. The Zero-acoustic Ultraslick Teflon feet make little to no noise when mousing but wears quite fast and does not hold the mouse up off the mouse pad. Thus the feet cannont prevent the bottom of the mouse from becoming scratched. With 7ft of non-tangle cord is very nice any time I ever unplugged my mouse the cable always gets tangled some how, not with the Lachesis. The cord; however, feels thin.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview5.jpg

The On The Fly sensitivity adjustments are great when changing classes in COD4 and BF2 you can go from full sensitivity to low simply by pushing the button you have it set to and scrolling the scroll wheel up or down. All of the buttons on this mouse are Razer's new 'Hyperesponse' buttons for faster
response times while gaming. I did see a small increase in my reaction times in COD4 and 1 second can mean the difference between killing your foe or dying. This feature is a must have for me now.

The top of the mouse is covered in a non slip, almost rubber coating that is very nice. Gaming for 6+ hours at a time my hand tends to sweat when using other mice, not with the Lachesis, 6+ hours and my hand was dry as a bone. Gaming for so many hours can make your hand cramp up and hurt with a lot of mice. Razer has seen this and made this mouse very comfortable for extended usage, 6+ hours with no cramping or stiffness shows Razer has done their homework. The body of the mouse is very comfortable with a bump in the back for you palm and two grooves in the front for your fingers. It does take some time to get use to, but I like it better than any other mouse I have used. This mouse has to be one of the coolest looking mice I have used. Glowing in your choice of Banshee Blue,Phantom White or Wraith Red as shown above it will catch some eyes at you're next LAN party.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview6.jpg

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/ClanTeamXtreme/Razer%20mouse%20review/RazerReview7.jpg

Specs:
* 4000dpi Razer Precision 3G Laser™ sensor
* 32KB Razer Synapse™ onboard memory
* Nine independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
* 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response time
* On-The-Fly Sensitivity™ adjustment
* Variable true dpi setting adjustments in increments of 125dpi
* Always-On™ mode
* Ultra-large non-slip buttons
* 16-bit ultra-wide data path
* 60-100 inches per second
* Ambidextrous design
* Scroll wheel with 24 individual click positions
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
* Gold-plated USB connector
* Seven-foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord
* Approximate size: 129mm (length) x 71mm (width) x 40mm (height)

Packaging: 10 out of 10 frags. Retail packaging does a great job showing the Lachesis off as well as protecting it from dings and dents.

Features: 10 out of 10 frags. With probably the most features of any mouse I've ever seen the Lachesis more than earns a solid 10 frags.

Price: 8 out of 10 frags. At eighty dollars US, this mouse isn't cheap and you can tell that just by the way it feels when you use it. It does not feel cheep. If you are looking for a mid to high priced mouse for gaming, look no further than the Lachesis.

Quality: 8 out of 10.
The Lachesis has some minor issues, such as the cord being thin and the feet of the mouse wearing really fast. Over all its built very well.

Comfort: 7 out of 10.
For people with large or wide hands this mouse will be a little small. Most users will take time to get use to the shape, but I have grown to really like it, personally.
[CENTER]
Overall this mouse earns a 9 frags out of 10 which earns Clan Team Xtreme approval!

Gator!
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
nice review hype very detailed.........

[cTx]Hype
07-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks

[cTx]SGT.Viper
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
:up:Awsome job bro!

Jim Morbid
07-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Nicely played. can the on-the-fly sensitivity button also be re-programmed?

JM

Jim Morbid
07-21-2008, 06:08 AM
Nicely played!

Do you know if the on-the-fly sensitivity button is also re-programable?

JM

Jim Morbid
07-21-2008, 06:11 AM
Nicely played!

JM

Scubar
07-21-2008, 08:47 AM
I have the Blue Lachesis and now a Red Lachesis to go with the completion of my build in a months time. Simply awesome mouse for gaming if it suits your hand.

[cTx]Hype
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Nicely played!

JM

Yes you can set the sensitivity to any thing you want from 500 dpi to 4000.

exodus1
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Nicely played. can the on-the-fly sensitivity button also be re-programmed?

JM

Nicely played!

JM

Nicely played!

JM

yes :yepp:

Neutralit
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I have big hands and it was a toss up between this and the g5 from logitech.. after feeling each for a long time I decided to go with the g5. however, I do wish I had the 400 dpi on the g5...