PDA

View Full Version : IMA Jinu117 - Please Help..

malkiewicz
07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I hope its okay to post this here....

Hello... I was checking to see if anyone here on XS knows Jin Parks (AKA Jinu117) from Vapoli... I placed an order/paid for a custom liquid chiller about a month ago, and I can’t seem to get a response back from him… I’ve tried all 3 of his emails and phone numbers… Still no response… I’m starting to worry considering it's been about 2 weeks since I've heard from him last..

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Jin so I hope this can be resolved quickly… I’ve been burned before and I'm not saying Jins going to do this, but I really can’t afford to lose $XXX.XX

I hope nothing bad happed….

malkiewicz
07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Thaks Cpt. Planet...

PM sent....

malkiewicz
07-10-2008, 02:37 AM
2long4u;3128957']Be prepaired to wait. He will follow through but he has poor communication skills.

Yeah... Everythings good for now... I received an email today (7/10/08)...

malkiewicz
08-01-2008, 02:25 AM
I have another question – Has anyone from XS received an order from Jin Parks recently? If so how long did it take? I’ve seemed to hit that communication barrier again. Jin said that my chiller would be done before August, but I’m seriously having doubts considering. As I mentioned before I’ve sent emails and left messages on his cell phones (No replies!!!)…

IMO once he gets paid he’s pretty much done with you – Off to the next customer… I know I’m not the only one because I’ve been contacted by others with the same problem…

malkiewicz
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree & like others I’m tired of waiting... Since I used a credit card to pay for everything I was able to report him to my credit card company… They along with a few other agencies are going to resolve this issue for me…

his communication skills are poor at best, im not sure why hes even allowed around here anymore, he has excuses and excuses, if your that busy quit taking on customers.

malkiewicz
08-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I noticed that Jin Park was online today... He had to see my PM's... Still no response...

Why dose XS continue to let Jin advertise his services here? :shrug:

malkiewicz
08-06-2008, 03:17 AM
It’s okay… Posts from other members don’t bother me… It’s not like Jin's going to respond….

(Mods moved this thread from the "Chilled Liquid Cooling" section - that explains the other inputs)

They are still investigating the charges…

this is between you and the builder but i assume its OK for me to post this due to everybody else's input-

Any news with you and the credit card company?

marktur
08-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I ordered and paid for a phase change unit from Mr. Park in late May. I did it through my credit card via Paypal. I was told by him it would take 4 to 5 weeks. I finally decided to try to contact him in first week of August to see what was happening progress wise. Although numerous attempts were made by phone and e-mail, there was never any response. Finally I sent him an e-mail saying I would have to contact Paypal if I didn't hear something from him. Still no response. I contacted Paypal with my complaint. They told me: "So sorry, you exceeded the 45 days (from time of purchase) in which you have to register a transaction dispute this with us, we have dismissed it! I contacted my credit card company RBC, to request a chargeback. They told me they had to investigate first. Which they did, I found the refund back in my account on August 26. The danger here for the consumer is obviously the 45 day thing with Paypal. Thumbs up to RBC for not letting Paypal walk away with no accountability. However if I would have sent money through some other entity. I may have been out. Personal problems notwithstanding, Mr. Park cannot conduct business by repaying waiting customers with, "the silent treatment". The ease by which one could reach Mr. Park was a breeze, before payment was sent. Afterwards, something else.

Buckeye
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Well I guess this sounds like Jin is pretty much gone for sure.

Dang it now the hunt for a phase for my main rig gets worse and worse.

Stands on corner with a sign <Will Work for a Phase> :shrug:

malkiewicz
08-28-2008, 02:43 AM
I’m glad you got your money back… :up: I only hope his other customers read this thread before it’s too late... I filed my claim on the 58th day and received my refund 4 days later….

I ordered and paid for a phase change unit from Mr. Park in late May. I did it through my credit card via Paypal. I was told by him it would take 4 to 5 weeks. I finally decided to try to contact him in first week of August to see what was happening progress wise. Although numerous attempts were made by phone and e-mail, there was never any response. Finally I sent him an e-mail saying I would have to contact Paypal if I didn't hear something from him. Still no response. I contacted Paypal with my complaint. They told me: "So sorry, you exceeded the 45 days (from time of purchase) in which you have to register a transaction dispute this with us, we have dismissed it! I contacted my credit card company RBC, to request a chargeback. They told me they had to investigate first. Which they did, I found the refund back in my account on August 26. The danger here for the consumer is obviously the 45 day thing with Paypal. Thumbs up to RBC for not letting Paypal walk away with no accountability. However if I would have sent money through some other entity. I may have been out. Personal problems notwithstanding, Mr. Park cannot conduct business by repaying waiting customers with, "the silent treatment". The ease by which one could reach Mr. Park was a breeze, before payment was sent. Afterwards, something else.

Buckeye
08-28-2008, 10:30 AM
As I am very close to doing the same with my CC company, I have 1 more option left that I am trying. After that I will ask that my #2 thread be revived and I will update it with current info.

This is a message to the Mods and Fugger that I request all forms of advertisement for any service of Jin Parks be removed from this site. I also request that he be removed as a Mod here because of his latest actions, and perhaps banned.

His actions over the last few months are very serious in nature and reflects very poorly on this site. Others have been banned for far less serious things. When I add what he owes me with the others that I know of, we may be looking at close to $5,000 or more, depending on how many more people are in the same boat that number could grow. Considering how busy he says he was all the time I find hard to believe that the 4 of us kept him that busy, there must be more.

It is very clear that Jin is AWOL and has been for sometime now.

ACE76
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
I received two units that were both defective and in non-working condition from him...he owes me refunds on these crappy systems he slapped together and sold me for insane amounts of money. I can't get in touch with him at all.

runmc
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
This section is for builders and customers only. If you keep posting in here, you will loose your access.
Teyber just lost his.

malkiewicz
08-29-2008, 07:06 PM
This thread was initially posted in a different section because I wanted to discuss this matter openly with other XS members…. The mods moved this to the builders / customers section… Why should others be punished? IMO everyone’s inputs seemed honest and to the point… I realize my thoughts and opinions are not important here on XS, but I think we should all be treated equally…. Just a thought…

This section is for builders and customers only. If you keep posting in here, you will loose your access.
Teyber just lost his.

runmc
08-29-2008, 08:49 PM
This thread was initially posted in a different section because I wanted to discuss this matter openly with other XS members…. The mods moved this to the builders / customers section… Why should others be punished? IMO everyone’s inputs seemed honest and to the point… I realize my thoughts and opinions are not important here on XS, but I think we should all be treated equally…. Just a thought…

As far as I can tell - everyone is being treated equal. This site is about overclocking, not business deals. We don't want members discussing their business problems in open forums. It was getting to be a major problem because phase section was filled with deals gone bad. We had to make this section. This section is for Builders and Customers to try and get things straightened out. People that aren't involved don't need to be in here flaming. No one said you weren't important to XS. You came up with that one your own.

ACE76
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
WTF,
Jin has been nothing but honorable here. I've met him at his home,with his family. This guy works hard to provide for his family "FIRST". Building these sytems for those of us that have them is secondary. The guy has bills , just like you do, and has to have a job with a regular income. He builds these systems on the side. If you have a faulty system {which I find hard to believe with Jin's work ethics} simply email the man. and wait for an answer. When he has time from the real world of providing for his family, He'll call you. ;)

Have you even bothered to READ what has been going on here with Jin and his customers? He hasn't replied to a single e-mail to any of his customers in WEEKS if not MONTHS...he sent me two defective/damaged units and owes other people systems that are fully paid for...he is not the Jin of past....nt only is he ignoring his customers, but we know he is still entertaining build for other unsuspecting people...his operation has turned from something that was once respectable into something that is more "fly-by-night"

firerx
09-14-2008, 09:46 AM
This must be a recent probelm since August of this year. I got my system in July, and i'ts problem free with no issues. As for Jin, I'm really floored by all this. The guy seemed really nice, and honorable. I'm usually a pretty damn good judge of character since it's heavily required in my line of work. I'm going to try to get ahold of him and see what's going on =(.

eagle101
05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
i know jin iv'e been to his house in riverside ca,he took his time with me and did a super custom job with my unit,if hes not responing something is wrong,really wrong.he is super honest and honorable very much.my system is trouble free and works flawles.
this is just my 2 cents of jin park
beekool:cool:

Buckeye
05-04-2009, 05:54 AM
i know jin iv'e been to his house in riverside ca,he took his time with me and did a super custom job with my unit,if hes not responing something is wrong,really wrong.he is super honest and honorable very much.my system is trouble free and works flawles.
this is just my 2 cents of jin park
beekool:cool:

Hi Eagle, how long ago did Jinu do this build for you ?
I am happy to hear that you have a very nice trouble free unit, how ever there are some out here there that are not so lucky, or even paid for units but have nothing in return.

I am sure if anyone knows him enough to be able to go over to his house and have him build a unit for you then you most likely can, if he wants.

The last time I had contact with him was last Oct or something like that and had to go through great lengths to get my unit sort of completed. From what I was told back then he did have some major problems and as far as I know he has disappeared.

But for the record I would advise anyone out there to not have a unit built from Jinu at this time. I still get PM's from time to time from people asking how to get ahold of Jinu about units he was making for them, or they have paid allready for units and not recieved anything or word from him.

Maybe he has contacted Charles or others about what is going on but why he is still allowed to advertise here or even be a mod is beyond me. Perhaps to much work to go through and delete all his advertisements and what not, I don't know.

For the record:

I still think Jinu is a great builder and in the US makes about the best units you can find. He is a nice guy and I believe he is a honest person who trys to do the best he can.

But he needs to come clean here and clean up the mess he created back then.

sdumper
05-05-2009, 10:22 PM
This is exactly why payment shouldn't be exchanged until after a unit has been built and tested.

eagle101
05-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi Eagle, how long ago did Jinu do this build for you ?
I am happy to hear that you have a very nice trouble free unit, how ever there are some out here there that are not so lucky, or even paid for units but have nothing in return.

I am sure if anyone knows him enough to be able to go over to his house and have him build a unit for you then you most likely can, if he wants.

The last time I had contact with him was last Oct or something like that and had to go through great lengths to get my unit sort of completed. From what I was told back then he did have some major problems and as far as I know he has disappeared.

But for the record I would advise anyone out there to not have a unit built from Jinu at this time. I still get PM's from time to time from people asking how to get ahold of Jinu about units he was making for them, or they have paid allready for units and not recieved anything or word from him.

Maybe he has contacted Charles or others about what is going on but why he is still allowed to advertise here or even be a mod is beyond me. Perhaps to much work to go through and delete all his advertisements and what not, I don't know.

For the record:

I still think Jinu is a great builder and in the US makes about the best units you can find. He is a nice guy and I believe he is a honest person who trys to do the best he can.

But he needs to come clean here and clean up the mess he created back then.

check your pm

Buckeye
05-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Checked PM and tried to reply, but Eagle you have that feature turned off and cannot recieve PM's.