PDA

View Full Version : Project/Update :: Illusive Perceptions ::

SeanB
07-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Project Named " Illusive Perceptions "
Start off with, i hate shoveling out money for expensive parts every couple of months, so ive waited a little while, without saving up to upgrade and fix my rig :) le's go!

m'ODIFCATIONS.
.DFI Ultra-D to SLI mod (Done! -20minutes with razor+hb2 pencil)
.Wooden Front/Back Side's (inprocess of buying cherry or maple..)
*2x Bay Devices, DVD drive*, Buttons+LED Temps
.Clear Hardrive "window" - will be mounted onto wooden front
AMD IHS removal - [u] Completed -30mins. wasnt too hard, except i did manage "scuff" one of the chips, looks like No Damage to anything important, like a small scratch... hope it doesnt screw me over.

PARTS TO BUY :(
CritiCool PowerPlant Rev2 - processing..
200-1500 liquid lapping kit - shipping
arctic silver 5 3.5g - shipping
creative x-fi xtremegamer oem - shipping
xfx 8600 gt - shipping!
d-tek gfx2 gpu block - ordering.
tdx nozzle kit - ordering.
Swiftech MC14 (ramsinks vga) - ordering.
Alphacool Cape Bullseye rev2 w/ mount + melvin pipe - ordering.
EK-NF4 rev1.1 Northbridge Water Block - ordering!
10ft primochill uv tubing + misc stuff - ordering.

Main Components (have)::
AMD X2 3800+ LCBIE 0618EPMW !
Dangerden TDX 64 + D5 + Dual Pro II Rad
250GB WD SATA
DFI LaNpaRty ultra-D
1gb ocz el platnium rev 2 2-2-2-5 (will upgrade to 2gb SOON)
1/2" full watercooling with D5 pump.
Dangerden WaterBox Acrylic Custom case w/ UV orange Tray

more info coming soon, gotta go to the bank now :D

EDIT1 2:42pm: just forgot to say that the case i am using is the DangerDen waterbox with uv orange mobo tray. costed me a pretty penny less than a year ago.. heres some pictures of my setup then.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/teampwn66/DSC00491.jpg
anyway 8600gt, as5, lapping kits, should arrive in the next 2 days. everything else should be in than less than a week, sorry i have no pictures right now of everything my basement is packed with stuff.

SeanB
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
5:22PM/July9:
Didnt do much today, had some courses throughout the day. except i did manage to get some work done :)
currently shipping ^.^
xfx 8600gt
1 x Swiftech MC14 VGA Forged Copper BGA Ramsinks $16.95
1 x *** HOT *** D-TEK FuZion v2 Extreme Performance GPU Block $52.95
1 x TDX Accelerator Nozzle Set $6.95
^those nozzle sets are hard to come by arg, but PPCS has good deals.
Lapping Grits
Arctic Silver 5
10ft. Primochill LRT Pro UV
Criticool Relay 2
dual 4" UV ccfls
anti-vibe bolts

NEW MODS!
Wooden top cover
MP3 Front Device *yes secret little mod that i just thought about with my spare MPIO F350 *google
also decided to not get a waterblock on the NB as my lapped evercool would be enough.

SeanB
07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
2:55PM July10: Just recieved the 8600 today, looks like a pos compared to my 7800gt.. smaller and everything.
except i like the way how the ramsinks are but the Zalmanstyle-xfx cooler i took off was garbage!
Performancepcs also said my order would ship tommorrw as d-tek comes in today with the gfx rev2s! cant wait!
lastnight i was bored and modded my D-Link 604 Router! now it has some holes on the top and a copper heatsink somehow modded onto the main chip, was always geting hot, aded in some thermal+bond mix. sticking solid. Except now i may mount it inside my case, would be very cool!
Also just ordered more UV cathlodes, love UV's but not LED's :D anyway, this weekend i should have some pictures and updates done!!

9:16PM July10: Switching PSU Fan!
yes, my power duo 600w needs a new fan. rather than CFM > DB, this time CFM < DB+BLINGLED!
Switching out the stock rated Global Fan S1202512H 2800 rpm @ 94CFM holy 43dBa! for my coolermaster blue led fan rated at 1200rpm @ 43CFM but 22dBa !!! i suppose my PSU gets enough airflow anyways, so switching this fan and taking off the fangrill will be enough. also DID decide to skeleton the router and currently mounting on the side of the case!! :D
Will have pictures this weekend and hopefully parts get here by tommorrow!

SeanB
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
July11 4:49PM:
All my orders are shipped, ETA for everything is by the 22nd. ran into a bit of crap with my 8600gt starting to loath it.. Might flip my 7800 and 8600 for sli 8600gts/8800gts :D but then one card will be left with a fan for a while :(
Going out tommorrow to pickup a new camera , wood!, ca$h :(.
Tonight im silencing the hardrive in the bottom, also workin on the PSU fan, also hoping that my 3800 is alive.. pics tmmrw!

July12 XXXX:

Logos
07-10-2008, 02:06 PM
subscribed ;)

septim
07-11-2008, 03:16 AM
more pictures? hehe

SeanB
07-11-2008, 06:27 AM
im workin on it i promise :)
just ran into some little problem with the Fuzion GFX block and my 8600gt :( looks like i indeed have to make a custom mount/plate.
-s

SeanB
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Sorry i havent been around to make any updates or uploads, and i can only post for a quick second now.
ive updated most of the parts to these now...
8600gt -> 8600GTS SLI = Shipping
X-Fi = Shipping
D5 PUMP = DDC3.2 MCP355 + DDCT-01s (soon XSPC res+redled) = shipping
il be back tommorrow the whole day to make updates :D

jul 16 12 am !
wow one of my six boxs from ups " Status: In Transit - Rescheduled
Rescheduled Delivery: 07/22/2008"
....gr.

SeanB
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
JULY 20-
Still waiting around, seems like theres going tobe 4-5 packages coming tommorrow now? UPS called and asked if i had a broker for the fee's? what fee's...? anywho, i just ordered some MORE STUFF! GAH when does it end?...

New Stuff Shipped By Monday..
DangerDen DFI-SLI-DR NB Block
OCZ Platnium 2GB Kit (YAY 2-3-2-5 i love it :)
PCI Slot - SLI Bracket (yeah i know, i wanted it..)
Some misc stuff..

Anyone knows if the dd dfi block works on the ultra-d board with sli cards? would just like to know,see pics.

KVL
07-20-2008, 03:46 PM
SeanB, ups broker fee is around $30 or more plus taxes (gst and pst) that you have to pay to get your package.

charles_h
07-20-2008, 07:22 PM
SeanB, ups broker fee is around $30 or more plus taxes (gst and pst) that you have to pay to get your package.

Or they give you your package and then a month later, you get a bill in the mail. :mad:

This is why I pick up my US ordered parts from Point Roberts WA.

Serpentarius
07-20-2008, 07:30 PM
im workin on it i promise :)
just ran into some little problem with the Fuzion GFX block and my 8600gt :( looks like i indeed have to make a custom mount/plate.
-s

you dun have to promise, dude ... it's not like u're commited into something
just work it like u do

SeanB
07-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I usually have to be committed for my motivation on doing something/anything.
Anywho recived the parts today, paid $40.34 for FEE'S YIKES, anywho seems i ordered with UPS (bad).
Well the fuzion gfx2 is SLICK! lowest restriction block ive ever seen...also got nozzle #4 installed now, old stock nozzle was done in on the TDX. still have no ETA on the lapping grits/arctic silver.also got the X-Fi Fata1lty version today :D Will test it out later tonight too see if its working 100%. should have most of the parts in by friday im hoping. still gotta find a 3pin to 2pin fan converter.