PDA

View Full Version : What to get for a Skulltrail system? [newb here]

Jennifer26
07-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Ok just to start off.. I have no experience whatsoever in watercooling and all that.. I have looked into it but have never really tried..

Ok so the problem is I just finished building my new system and the temps are fairly high as far as I can see both cpu´s are stated to run at around 55-57c according to Lavalys, and the gfx at about +67c which is hot i guess.. I was thinking if it has to do with my case+coolers+added thermalpaste and whatever. So I tried reapplying thermalpaste and so on several times to see if it had any difference but nope.. It's still running hot overall and if I close the lid of my case the thing just starts to cook really fast.. 60c+ temps

Anyways it doesn't really seem like this aircooling thing is working out so I was wondering if there is any possible way to (easily) add watercooling to just the two cpu's? I guess this would greatly reduce the noise generated from the two Zalmans and overall make the case run cooler and more silent. I have no current experience in watercooling so I don't know if it would work out or not, but it seems like the only and best solution?

I don't really care how much it costs the only requirements I have is that It will make my temps drop significantly and that the noise level will be reduced DRASTICALLY.. Those two Zalmans are getting to my head despite how good they look it's just getting annoying now.

So if anyone can recommend something that will reduce noise/temps and which is fairly possible to install and maintain I would be all over it..

anyways these are my specs:
Akasa Mirage-62
Intel D5400XS mobo
2x Xeon E5420 cpu's
Corsair HX1000W psu
4GB kingston ValueRam 800MHz DDR2 ECC Fully Buffered CL5 KVR800D2D4F5K2/4G
Sparkle 8800GT
2x Zalman CNPS 9700 NT

IanY
07-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Please be patient. I will update in stages. I don't own a Skulltrail but have seen two in action, including one that is air cooled with just two Zalman 9500 heatsinks, and it is obnoxiously hot and loud.

First thing to do is to get rid of the incredibly loud SB heatsink fan. That gives me a headache.

I would place a bet that its not the two Zalmans that you are hearing, its the SB fan. The Zalmans come with resistors, but who would want to slow down the fans...

Vadim Blastflow Tidal SkullTrail SB Block

http://www.vadim.co.uk/product38736/Blastflow+Tidal+Skulltrail+SB+Block

The Danger Den MPC-X38/X48 chipset block works great of the Skulltrail NB chipset, and comes with all mounting accessories in the box. I assume you would prefer to buy from Europe than the west coast of the US, so go to www.coolercases.co.uk and give them a call. They're DD dealers in the UK and can get you what you need.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=331&cat=46&page=1

I don't know what Intel was thinking when they designed the NB without a fan, and didn't include a fan.

Next, you may want to tame the ridiculously hot running FB-DIMMs (at least copared to DDR2/DDR3).

MIPS Ram Freezer 4.

http://www.vadim.co.uk/product25311/MIPS+RAM+Freezer+4

There's a current thread in XS. I'll get it linked for you.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193846

That covers the motherboard. Speak to DarthBeavis, an XS member who uses those precise blocks above. He has a beautiful Skulltrail machine setup. He uses Danger Deb MC-TDX cpu blocks and Danger Den video blocks for his two 9800GX2 video cards.

You most definitely would want to get rid of that csee. If you intend to watercool, you need more than one radiator for a Skulltrail system because you need to cover two cpu blocks, a video block, a NB block, a SB block and a memory block. A single radiator would be overwhelmed.

Also speak to XS forum member and water cooling god CyberDruid. He has a stunning Skulltrail machine too, but uses D-Tek FuZion cpu blocks and an EK block on the NB. He however also uses the Vadim Blastflow SB block. He uses EK video blocks for his two 3870 X2 video cads.

I'll move on to the rest after some preliminary feedback from you. What is left to cover are the cpu blocks, the pumps, the radiators, the reservoir(s), the tubing, the fittings, the liquid and the radiator fans. Most of all, the case, because you need to ditch that small case.

I'll move on to the cpu blocks for now. You need high flow, low restriction cpu water blocks. The choices are: (1) D-Tek FuZion V2, (2) the Danger Den MC-TDX, and (3) the Swiftech Apogee GTX Copper Top. The EK Supreme cpu block is a jet impingement block designed with restriction in mind, and I do not recommend that at all. The D-Tek FuZion V2 would be the highest performing, the DD MC-TDX would be the most user friendly (easiest to set up). The Swiftech Apogee GTX is both good performing and easy to use, but not price competitive and doesn't match the FuZion's performance.

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=210
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=291&cat=92&page=1

Video block. You can get either a Danger Den or EK full covered 8800GT video block.
http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_42&products_id=217
http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_42&products_id=219
http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_42&products_id=218

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=305&cat=48&page=1

Radiators. I highly recommend at least two radiators, if not more.
The tried and heavily tested Thermochill PA120.3 radiator, with shrouds and gaskets.

http://www.thermochill.com/pa1203.php

The Fesser TFC 480ER or TFC 360ER radiator.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193689

The Black Ice 480GTX radiator.

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/HWlabs480GTX-Review.html

dubtown
07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
it doesnt look like theres anywhere to put a rad inside that case... maybe a 120.2 in the top front... but i doubt thats enough for two xeons...

would you mind going external or getting a bigger case?

Jennifer26
07-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow.. That is a long post.. Anyways I have read everything carefully and I see that there is ALOT of things that is needed to buy to get this thing running. But my foremost question would be, Will I be able to install and maintain all of this? You have to remember that I have never messed with WC before and most likely will have to figuratively hold someones hand through the whole installation. As far as I have understood you don't recommend only watercooling a few of the parts but everything, ram, gfx, cpu's, nb, sb etc. Which is quite overwhelming. Anyways the case doesen't have to be closed or anything I can run things externally if needed. I have seen pictures of tubes hanging out of cases etc.. I really don't mind it looking like that, but if theres a specific case that will fit everything I might go for it just for the looks.

Let's say hypothetically that I'm going to do this and it's going to work, then I will need this so far.. As for as I have understood:

Vadim Blastflow Tidal SkullTrail SB Block - For the SB of the board
Danger Den MPC-X38/X48 - For the NB of the board
MIPS Ram Freezer 4 - One of these
D-Tek FuZion V2 - two of these i guess.. might as well buy it if it's the best.. I mean how hard can it be to install?
Video block - Which would you recommend?
Radiators - ??? I guess they generate noise? Which one is the most silent?

what would the noise level of such a setup be? I guess there will be some? Or will it be quite low? and how would the maintenance be?

IanY
07-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I have to be perfectly honest.

Watercooling is overwhelming. There is a lot to read and learn. You cannot just jump into it without learning.

I assume you are going for silence.. correct?

Let's run down what makes noise in your machine:

PSU - I can't help you there. Actually the Corsair pSU that you use is about the quietest out there.

Video card - I don't have a G92 Nvidia, but I heard that they are pretty darn quiet, so water cooling isn't necessary.

CPUs - Zalman CNPS 9500/9700 do not have the noisiest fans, but their cooling becomes substandard when you slow down the fans, so you definitely need water cooling here.

Memory - runs quite hot but works alright without any special cooling, so water cooling is not strictly necessary.

NB - works without fan, but is hot. So, water cooling is not critical, but would be nice.

SB - this is a noisy sucker and must drive you insane. Water cooling this will quiet down the machine a lot. Unfortunately, the only Skulltrail SB block that *I know* of is the Vadim Blastflow. I'm told that Danger Den has one block designed but its not for sale on their web site.

HDD - water cooling not necessary.

Water cooling can be as quiet as you want (silence driven), or as noisy as you want (performance driven). Most people like a compromise between those two objectives. If you are just searching for silence and don't mind the temps as long as your machine works, then there are solutions for that too.

NaeKuh
07-08-2008, 10:25 AM
a girl building a skulltrail system.

can i ask where you hang out at and if there is more kind of girls like you to go around?

:rofl:

:up:

seriously, a girl who knows what fine art is :rofl: :up:

Watercooling skulltrail is not simple.
To be exact, its like telling someone who has no knowledge of mechanics to do an oil change on a ferarri. The concepts is the same, however the work, and find details is a PITA.

Can i ask why your going h2o? It might be safer/easier for you to go aftermarket air.

Your not going for the massive overclocks are you? If you are, you just stole my heart twice! :rofl:

Zalman's arent great on quadcore. You would be better off mounting 2 TRUE's with an LGA771 bracket. We can help you piece everything out.

I just dont recomend going skulltrail as your first h2o project. Something about that scares me. And im looking past your skirt. :T
Meaning, i wouldnt recomend this to ANYONE.

kevinbo03
07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Thus far I agree with all of IanY's points, But I think the first thing you need to focus on is whether you want to change the case, And if not, How you plan to accommodate at least two large radiators. Something akin to a Waterkeg (http://www.petrastechshop.com/newaex.html). If you want to change the case, Something good for your configuration would be a Mountain Mods case.

I only say this because you surely cant fit it all into that Akasa, And Planing will be a large part of any WC project, So why not start at the basic frame?

As for a first WC Project- Damn, It's ambitious, But I think you can do it. Learning water cooling isn't too hard, I just takes caution and patience, And Hands-On learning is (for me at least) the best way to learn any craft and assembly based hobby. How many of use learned to build computers from a textbook? Heck no! As a kid, I tore apart 4 old family PCs before I was able to get one back together, That's how i learned!

Just be careful and cautious, Always ask for help an opinions, And be ready to make mistakes. Not that you surely will, But just be ready in case you do.

Jennifer26
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Ahh I appreciate the reply's.. I'll try to put it all on the table.. If it is possible I would like to avoid getting a new case as the one I currently have looks great and honestly those mountain mod cases are seriously hideous, just plain ugly. But if It is recommended or if it will make it (alot) easier to install the WC then I guess I'm forced to get one.

about the temp and the noise.. Both really bothers me.. the 65c while running for a couple of hours is too much obvoiusly. And the noise is just unbearable. I would be perfectly fine if it was possible to get the system running at just 40-50c while delivering alot less noise so I can get some work done. Currently I'm using my laptop as the Skulltrail is too hot/noisy. Every year or two I build myself a new system so I'm not always updateded on the latest and this year I saw the skulltrail and I just wanted it for no apparent reason. Either way what's done is done I got the parts I build the thing now I just have to get rid of this problem or else I can't really live with it.. didn't expect it to be so hot/noisy.

Honestly I'm more bothered about noise than heat but it would be nice if I could get a fairly silent PC running at 40-50c... That would be satisfactory. I guess watercooling the two cpu's and the SB is a must, everything else is still to be decided.

coolmiester
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I've been running a Skulltrail system on the living room table, two or three feet from where i sit every night now for a couple of weeks with both CPU's on water via an exturnal waterbox but the rest of the system is as is and i've got to say i have no issues what so ever with the SB in either fan noise or heat so i'm struggling to keep up with previous posts on that one tbh.

I did however notice almost immediately that the NB and RAM were running seriously hot, to the point i actually powered down and did more research as i honestly thought it was borderline dangerous so after that i attached the NB 40mm fan and also a 120mm fan directed at the RAM and everything heat wise was taken care of.

For me, the heat issue is with CPU's, RAM, NB and of course the GX2 GFX cards but mosfets and SB seem to run what i would say pretty cool & quiet so my main aim is to get the hot noisy bits under water ASAP and the rest i can easily cope with especially once the system gets transferred into a case.........unless i'm missing something???

Having said all that i would have used the Blastflow block on the SB just to get it all on water but it just won't fit with the GX2's

IanY
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
The gentlemen here are going to tie me to a stake and call in the firing squad, but I'm going tio suggest this anyway.

Take a look at Trubitar's Skulltrail system. He's a Brit and has a high end machine. He seems to do very well on Koolance and Zalman external water cooling equipment. I would betthat they are not exactly the best performing, but I bet they are quiet, and work alright. Everything is external, allowing you to use your existing case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chCa0XrmKaU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AoHGg4jhY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5yx-XFm14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1S-Tl3TiOo

This guy likes Koolance equipment very much. I can't argue with how high end his system is... top notch.. and his temps are not bad at all.

You know what? I think you are the perfect candidate for Koolance equipment.

Now excuse me while I go search for a cave in the Afghanistan mountains to hide from the coming onslaught led by Naekuh :) :)

IanY
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I've been running a Skulltrail system on the living room table, two or three feet from where i sit every night now for a couple of weeks with both CPU's on water via an exturnal waterbox but the rest of the system is as is and i've got to say i have no issues what so ever with the SB in either fan noise or heat so i'm struggling to keep up with previous posts on that one tbh.

I believe you fully my friend. However, CyberDruid can also chime in. He experienced the ear piercing SB fan as well, and the system I saw was unbearably loud (sounded like the whine from an old 60mm Delta used on old Swiftech heatsinks) from the SB. I wanted to use my finger to slow down the fan, but the system owner would have shot me in the head.

NaeKuh
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Jennifer,

2 Thermalright Ultra 120 with yate slow spinning fans. MAke sure you lap the sink.

HR-05 for northbridge.

The south bridge will be difficult cuz of how it looks. Maybe you can ask CD or CM to make you an AIR sink for that. :D

Get 2 thermalright LGA771 Xeon mounts for your TRUE's.

You'll be happy with that outcome without h2o.

I should ask WES to come in. He has an aircooled Skulltrail.

Seriously, watercooling your skulltrail will be nightmares.

CM and CD are PRO modders. It doesnt get much better then those two. TO them looping something like this is another day at work. To a newbie, i shutter at your reaction when you see all the watercooling parts alone.

As for Iany, Im gonna grab the HOA to TP your house next door. I hope your prepared. :rofl:

Kilyin
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Funny, if the poster was named Bob79 and had an avatar of half a bald man's head there wouldn't be any responses to this thread.

And it would probably be closer to the truth.

Just sayin'.

Jennifer26
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
honestly I already have a Thermalright Ultra 120 laying around and that could hardly keep my older Anthlon X2 below 50c... I can just imagine how It would work on the skulltrail. What would I need to get the Cpu's watercooled? Those video's didn't really say anything about what to buy.

WesM63
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Jennifer,
NaeKuh asked me to chime in. I have a similar setup, as you can see in my sig. There is nothing wrong with watercooling, but as others have suggested, it is a huge undertaking on ST. I'm not familiar with the Akasa Mirage-62, but from the looks of it, it can't be much bigger than my stacker 830. Even AIR cooling that was a huge PITA. (I'm using 2x Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtremes with Sanyo Denki fans)

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I would suggest watercooling another system first, before trying to stuff watercooling on a ST system, in a case no less.

Oh, and you don't need anything special for the Intel D5400XS as it uses the S775 mounting.

A ST system gets VERY hot, make sure you have some airflow over those FB-DIMM's (I use the Corsair Dominator fan). You also need lots of air flow through the case. My cpu's stay around 50c full load on all 8 cores, but it sure does generate tons of heat, it literally is a space heater.

TBH, I personally wouldn't hesitate watercooling my skulltrail, but I also think its more hassle than its worth.

EDIT:
Something is seriously wrong if you think a TRUE won't keep your e5410's under 50c at idle.

Here is mine, full load at 3.2ghz (1vcore setting above stock) using 2x TRUE's.

http://www.needmoreboost.com/wes/3200.jpg

NaeKuh
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
honestly I already have a Thermalright Ultra 120 laying around and that could hardly keep my older Anthlon X2 below 50c... I can just imagine how It would work on the skulltrail. What would I need to get the Cpu's watercooled? Those video's didn't really say anything about what to buy.

You need to get the extreme versions.

And lap it.

Thermalright does not understand what flat sink means:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Thermalright6.jpg

Funny, if the poster was named Bob79 and had an avatar of half a bald man's head there wouldn't be any responses to this thread.

And it would probably be closer to the truth.

Just sayin'.

actually i help anyone who looks like they need help. Usually someone i trust gets to them b4 i do.

However this thread was getting kinda funny. So i had to jump in.

Okey, if your really serious on setting this up.

You will need 2 cpu blocks, something with fairly low restriction. You need to go for a high flow design on this, since were not going to complicate things forget accelerators. Having 2 accelerator blocks <--- this would require dual loops for each cpu. Something your not gonna be happy about.

So 2 XSPC blocks<-- ideal, or D-tek V1 not V2 blocks would be ideal. Make sure you PAIR them. Dont be trying each flavor out please.

Now your gonna do what i call a section paralell. What that means, your loop is serial, however on a short section it will split up and go paralell.

The trick to paralell is that you need = tube lengths on that T. If one tube length is off, you'll mess up your paralell.

The reason why i say paralell is because this is the only way i can see you getting very even temps. Having them on serial would lead to unsteady cores. (im a bit of a perfectionist. you can serial the blocks tho, however this paralell method would be ideal)

As for the radiator, your gonna need something massive. Problem now is your case isnt very good for fitting a large class radiator. HWlabs BlackIce 480GTX is ideal. Feser if you want to support a fat company overcharging for there excellent radiators. <-- no pun, seriously expensive radiators that perform great, but loses to the 480GTX.

Theres 3 options,
1. is ghetto top mount. Just have it a few inches ontop of your case, and have 2 holes where you can feed the tubes.
2. Rear Mount <--- still dont like how this looks
3. External casing <--- better route.

Route 3 would require you contacting a custom builder or recycling an old computer case as a shell.

Now pumps. Sigh once again your out of space inside your case. :X Dual DDC's is almost mandiatory for that kind of setup. Then you'll need tops.
Tubing...

Your seriously dont want to change cases??? each time i go onto the next subject i keep thinking DOE! she ran out of space.
Have you seen the ever so sexy Lian Li 343B?

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xoxide_2010_928488

DD has a box that could also pull it off very nicely. Its called Tower 26.
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=335&cat=1&page=1

But Jennifer, let me say one thing. Your best and safe/ideal case is a Mountain Mods Horrizon. The reason i say this, ive felt the weight of tri-sli, and dualcard blocks. You seriously will thank me if you buy the horrizon, because its a horrizontal mount case with a TON of space.

Justintoxicated
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I can't imagine+ its super hard, just finding a case to fit everything in might be difficult. Difficult part of watercooling is finding a case that supports large radiator (ie. 2 thermochill PA 120.3's). The other real obstacle is priming the loop, if you set it up worng this can be difficult.

Take each WC part one piece at a time. Figure out what to do for CPU's then for video card etc. Mounting the stuff is not terribly difficult IMO once you have a case selected and radiators mounted... Then its jsut connecting tubes. Use Worm-Drive (hose) clamps is all I'm goign to throw in. Routing the tubing remember that less is more (Same with number of connections or plugged ports) Every part you buy is one more part that can leak.

freakgeek1337
07-08-2008, 05:30 PM
It looks like Jen will need to buy a case from Dualbrain or Charles. Well anyway, wcing that SkullTrail won't be easy. You basically have one more component to cool. When it's a Xeon/QX9775 this project will be a PITA. I think from all these posts, you might have a headache already. Let me summerize. Naekuh, I think she might want to use a MC-TDX. BTW if your buying a vid card, check out the 4870 from ATi.

CPU Block: D-Tek FuZion V2 or Danger Den MC-TDX x2
GPU Block: Danger Den or EK 4870 full cover clocks.
NB Block: Danger Den MPC X38/X48
SB Block: Vadim Blastflow Tidal SkullTrail
Memory Block: MIPS RAM Freezer
Pumps: Laing D5 with EK tops (BTW you'll need a few of these, seperate loops will also be needed)

DarthBeavis
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Jennifer,

2 Thermalright Ultra 120 with yate slow spinning fans. MAke sure you lap the sink.

HR-05 for northbridge.

The south bridge will be difficult cuz of how it looks. Maybe you can ask CD or CM to make you an AIR sink for that. :D

CM and CD are PRO modders. It doesnt get much better then those two. TO them looping something like this is another day at work. To a newbie, i shutter at your reaction when you see all the watercooling parts alone.

As for Iany, Im gonna grab the HOA to TP your house next door. I hope your prepared. :rofl:

I am not a pro yet but I have a little experience here. Please condense what you want and expect and parameters into a single post and I will help you choose parts for your setup based on what works. You do want to cool your ram, NB, and SB if you can afford to do so. A Mountain Mods case would work really well or you can do a Danger Den Tower 26 rig (single 4 fan rad in front but it can be cut to mount another smaller one on top for two loops or you can wait a little bit for their new case build for the Skulltrail that houses two three fans rads in the bottom).

If USA stuff won't work then let me know as well.

Little messy but nice cooling:
Have not done the wire management so now shots under teh skirt
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8650/dsc00472iu3.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00472iu3.jpg)http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7250/dsc00471zz3.th.jpg (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00471zz3.jpg)http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6159/dsc00470fs3.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00470fs3.jpg)

NaeKuh
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
DB your name wasnt brought up until now.

And yes you are a PRO Modder. :P

Paralell works better off T. Like how fugger had his. :X

Only with different blocks and more flow. :D

oh and yes ive done a dual processor system like that.
It works really good DB.

IanY
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
DB your name wasnt brought up until now.

What you talking about? I mentioned DB's name in the very first post I made.

twwen2
07-08-2008, 07:39 PM
You know what? I think you are the perfect candidate for Koolance equipment.

Now excuse me while I go search for a cave in the Afghanistan mountains to hide from the coming onslaught led by Naekuh :) :)

:rofl::rofl:
Not so long ago you would have had half of XS WC after you! Thankfully koolance have started to see the light and are finally putting out some products that make sense!

freakgeek1337
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
DB should call that setup the "Rainbow". Does need some cable-management. But other than that it's pimp-like.:pimp:

IanY
07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
:rofl::rofl:
Not so long ago you would have had half of XS WC after you! Thankfully koolance have started to see the light and are finally putting out some products that make sense!

They are? I'm going to build an all-Koolance system soon for my wife :)

I could care less if 3/4 of XS is after me :) I've basically pissed off 95% of XS with my anti-bling statements and I am already ostracized :) Makes no difference what I use and its also no one's concern :)

twwen2
07-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I meant that they are starting to ditch alu in their latest blocks. Slow and painful it must be :D.

I know ur reputation here as someone who likes going against the grain, i read ur :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s and giggles build log :rofl:. Top stuff :up:

Movieman
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Jennifer,

HR-05 for northbridge.

The Skulltrail although socket 771 uses 775 mounts, a normal TRUE should work fine.
Wes, back me up here..:p:

DarthBeavis
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
DB should call that setup the "Rainbow". Does need some cable-management. But other than that it's pimp-like.:pimp:

AMEN brotha!!! To see why I have not done my cable management look up my other three projects ;) Two due July 18, the other due end of August (CherryX, Globe PC, Daywalker).

Nothing wrong with air-cooling but IMHO the thing runs so hot it is way better on water . . .I really do not like the SB fan myself . . .

Jennifer26
07-09-2008, 05:32 AM
OK, well I'm going to do this and the TRUE that I had laying around WAS the extreme version and I tried mounting it outside the case with no real significant drop In heat.. the noise was reduced after I mounted a Noctua Fan but still.. it was buzzing alot. Honestly I couldn't live with a Mountain Mods case EVER.. They are just plain ugly.. and the thing can't even blend ind anywhere, a big square box isn't really my thing, However I did like the Danger Den Tower 26 that thing can be put places easily.

anyways would I be able to fit everything into a DD Tower 26.. As far as I have understood it should be a good case? If anyone could comprimise a full list of exactly what parts I do have to but I would greatly appreciate it, there have been alot of suggestions in this post and It would be great If I could make a finished list so I can charge everything on my creditcard at once.

DarthBeavis
07-09-2008, 07:23 AM
OK, well I'm going to do this and the TRUE that I had laying around WAS the extreme version and I tried mounting it outside the case with no real significant drop In heat.. the noise was reduced after I mounted a Noctua Fan but still.. it was buzzing alot. Honestly I couldn't live with a Mountain Mods case EVER.. They are just plain ugly.. and the thing can't even blend ind anywhere, a big square box isn't really my thing, However I did like the Danger Den Tower 26 that thing can be put places easily.

anyways would I be able to fit everything into a DD Tower 26.. As far as I have understood it should be a good case? If anyone could comprimise a full list of exactly what parts I do have to but I would greatly appreciate it, there have been alot of suggestions in this post and It would be great If I could make a finished list so I can charge everything on my creditcard at once.

The Danger Den Guys and Smooth Creations have done four full SKulltrail builds in Tower 26s cases (they were designed with it in mind I believe). I will get u pix if you want. You can get a CUSTOMIZED tower 26 with some color options and etching if you call Danger Den and speak with Debbi during normal DD business hours (10AM-5PM PST most likely). If you have a hard time getting ahold of them let me know. Oh, they make a SouthBridge block as well it is just not on their site. You can add one to your order by phone (or you can get a BlastFlow from the UK separately or NCIX in the USA I think). The only non-DD item is the ram cooler. I have a firm suggestion on how to setup your loop as well (Danger Den clear top for DDC pump then use the top plug with short run of tubing and brass plug as a fillport, use front inlet and outlet as normal . . .runs great, great flow, no Tline needed. clean loop.

WesM63
07-09-2008, 08:57 AM

The base of that TRUE must be terrible then. As you can see from my SS, 50c full load on a 3.2ghz overclock is where mine set.

Movieman,
You are correct. S775 mounting, not S771 for the Intel D5400XS board.

NaeKuh
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
heh this is why i asked ST people to join.

sorry im not 100&#37; up to date with ST.

freakgeek1337
07-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Jen, if you wanted a case you could always settle for a MurderMod. IMO those things are :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing awesome.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187306&page=16

DarthBeavis
07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Jen, if you wanted a case you could always settle for a MurderMod. IMO those things are :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing awesome.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187306&page=16

are you on crack? that is not SETTLING . . .that case is sweet. Settling would be a Thermaltake case ;)

Jennifer26
07-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the replys again, truly appreciate it.. Anyways I'm going to get the DD Tower 26 But I'm slightly confused about some of the things stated on their website.. Is the case green or just clear acrylic.. Because the pictures show a green case.. Or is that just the green tubes lighting up the case that way? Either way I'm just going to get a full clear case with no extra... So if you have some pictures of the case DarthBeavis that would be great, as there aren't many pictures on the web. Anyways I'm going to get it as plain as possible.. a clear case with no etching.

I want to order the parts as soon as possible so can anyone confirm if this is what I should get or am I missing something?

Case: Danger Den Tower 26
CPU Block: D-Tek FuZion V2 or Danger Den MC-TDX x2 - which one? Someone better decide for me because I have no idea whats best
Memory Block: MIPS RAM Freezer 4
Pumps: Laing D5 with EK tops - How many of these will I need?
Radiator - ???

Seems like there is missing things.. what about tubes, liquids, hose clams? and whatever else people were recommending? I'm getting kinda anxious to ordering these things so I can get it up and running soon hopefully.. Well atleast before august.

cadaveca
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
The fusion will require more pump than the TDX. Depending on how you decide to go, one loop or two, would dictate what block should be used, IMHO. That being said, Fugger has had good results with the dangerden block, as have others here.

In regards to the case, call them up with your order, as stated earlier...always best to have your questions answered directly...and if you think of anything else, they can help you too.

IanY
07-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the replys again, truly appreciate it.. Anyways I'm going to get the DD Tower 26 But I'm slightly confused about some of the things stated on their website.. Is the case green or just clear acrylic.. Because the pictures show a green case.. Or is that just the green tubes lighting up the case that way? Either way I'm just going to get a full clear case with no extra... So if you have some pictures of the case DarthBeavis that would be great, as there aren't many pictures on the web. Anyways I'm going to get it as plain as possible.. a clear case with no etching.

I want to order the parts as soon as possible so can anyone confirm if this is what I should get or am I missing something?

CPU Block: D-Tek FuZion V2 or Danger Den MC-TDX x2 - which one? Someone better decide for me because I have no idea whats best
Pumps: Laing D5 with EK tops - How many of these will I need?
Radiator - ???

Seems like there is missing things.. what about tubes, liquids, hose clams? and whatever else people were recommending? I'm getting kinda anxious to ordering these things so I can get it up and running soon hopefully.. Well atleast before august.

If you are going to build a Danger Den machine, you would probably be best served by buying all Danger Den blocks, including MC-TDX, MPC X38/X48, MC SB Block Danger Den 8800GT Video Block, Laing DDC3.2 with Danger Den top, etc etc. Plus the Black Ice 480GTX radiator which the Danger Den case is designed around. Be careful and don't just buy any old radiator because the Black Ice fits perfectly, and the Thermochill does not. Don't buy the Vadim Blastflow SB Block when all your other blocks are from Danger Den.

If that's the way you want to go about it, as per DarthBeavis' suggestion. I would do it a different way, with different equipment, but I'm not going to stand in between.

Think of it, will Danger Den recommend that you buy D-Tek FuZion Version 2 cpu blocks ? or theirs ? Will Danger Den recommend that you buy an XSPC or EK pump top? or theirs? EK full covered block? or theirs ?

Give DD a call or send them an e-mail. They are very helpful people and they will direct you properly. They have great customer service.

I would say you need two or three loops, isolating the cpu from the gpus and the rest of the mobo stuff (which is my modus operandi), but the case that you want fits only one giant BI 480GTX radiator. That's Danger Den's way of doing things, and i guess it works well for them. I'm not getting into a pissing showdown with anyone either.

I would personally have more than one pump, but each of those DD systems show only one pump...

Jennifer26
07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
What would the noise level of such setup be and will I have to add fans to the case? I guess a few fans? Either way I only have one gfx in the machine because I hardly play any games at all so I don't have to WC two graphic cards.

IanY
07-09-2008, 12:38 PM
It will be quiet. Very quiet.

p2501
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
What would the noise level of such setup be and will I have to add fans to the case? I guess a few fans? Either way I only have one gfx in the machine because I hardly play any games at all so I don't have to WC two graphic cards.

If I get the pictures in this (http://www.dangerden.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10326&sid=d25350e46a640fe7f9f03acf86daf657) thread right you would only need the fans pushing air ourside the case through the rad and you'll be all set with enough airflow. And in this case it'll be, as IanY already said, really quiet. Thumbs up for doing this, there can't be enough ST builds! :up:

Since you're not going for clocks but for silence and cool operation I guess putting everything in one loop will be okay too, as Martin pointed out in his review (http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/HWlabs480GTX-Review.html) of the 480GTX it will be able to dissipate about 570 watts (http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/img/HWlabs480GTXThermalGraph3.png) with medium Yates and a 10° delta of air in/water out. Your ST build will be below that heatload if you're not overclocking, so you could even slow the fans down a bit.

DarthBeavis
07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
The case can be clear with not problem. YOU choose the colors! If you want to add a separate radiator on top you would need to ask them to add an oblong or couple holes to the top and holes to mount screws (use stand offs with rubber washers on each end to space the rad off the top of the case. I agree with using Black Ice GTX rads and personally use DD blocks but you can use whatever blocks you want. I can tell you one 480 GTX will handle what you are cooling! We have enough of these systems behind us. If you were doing quad SLI I might see multiple loops but with one GPU, two CPUS, a SB, NB, and even ram you are good to go! you can add a second pump if you wish . . .no big deal. The single pump systems push alot of water but the main thing is YOU have to be happy with it.

NaeKuh
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
d-tek V1 not V2

jennifer those blocks look simular but are different. V2 has a higher pressure drop and was ment for accelerators.

you want the old d-tek which has a lower pressure drop then the new one.

Ideally you want the XSPC block seeing how its the best when it comes to low restriction blocks.

DD has really come a long way. I like a lot of there stuff, but the TDX still needs some work for it to be a good contender.

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 05:41 AM
Ok sounds pretty good I guess I only need one radiator then which means I only have to order a stock DD Tower 26

but what is the verdict on the parts do I go full DangerDen? Or just buy different brands such as the "D-Tek FuZion V1" instead of the DD MC-TDX? So really what should I get..? I'm blank on this you know.. Is it just a matter of choice and religion? or can the parts not work together properly? I can't really see the DangerDen block for the SB on their website anywhere..? Do they even make one and what is it called? What is the difference between that one and the Vadim?

What about tubes, liquid, clams etc? I guess I still need that.

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Ok sounds pretty good I guess I only need one radiator then which means I only have to order a stock DD Tower 26

but what is the verdict on the parts do I go full DangerDen? Or just buy different brands such as the "D-Tek FuZion V1" instead of the DD MC-TDX? So really what should I get..? I'm blank on this you know.. Is it just a matter of choice and religion? or can the parts not work together properly? I can't really see the DangerDen block for the SB on their website anywhere..? Do they even make one and what is it called? What is the difference between that one and the Vadim?

What about tubes, liquid, clams etc? I guess I still need that.

For the SB block you need to call in your order (I will call them today and BEG them to add it to the site if you want to order). To make is easy, I would just order all the parts from them since you clearly have now burning desire to go other routes (I just was pointed out you can do whatever makes you feel comfortable without any real loss in performance one way or another). I have a similar setup and it works well.

Here is my suggestion:

-Danger Den Tower 26
-Black Ice GTX 480 Radiator
-DDC Pump, add clear top
-15-20 feet of 3/8 Tygon (you will have extra . . .a GOOD thing to do0
-3/8 ID 5/8 OD Compression Fittings . . .get 3 for pump, two for rad, two for each block)
-3/8 brass fill plug
-They have Feser fluid so choose what suits your fancy, can use Feser dye with distilled water

OK, now you need fans and PT Nuke to add to your coolant. Go to Performance PCs for that (or Petras Tech Shop) and order:
-4 High Speed Yate Loons (or 8 if you want push/pull config)
-1 bottle of PT Nuke

You will still need to order stuff like SATA cables and such . . .

For your loops . . .refer to the picture on the Danger Den site. The top of the pump attach a fitting, maybe 10" of tubing and the brass plug. This is where you fill and bleed the system. The front two connections on the pump top are the inlet and outlet. Super clean, no ugly Tline, no resevoir needed. This setup works great!

I know since this is XS people will bicker about this and that but the deltas for whatever they bicker about are so small you should not even be concerned.

The MC-TDX scored pretty much top on the only objective testing thus far (Martin's flow test) so that is all we really have to go on . . .Black Ice rads with high speed fans scored as good or better than TC rads in objective tests . . .and then all results are low delta so take what you read here with a grain of salt.

coolmiester
07-10-2008, 06:24 AM
+1 for the above, good call Darth - though personally i would just stick with the standard barbs the blocks /radiator / pump / etc come with and use clamps whether it be 1/2" or 3/8" you decide to go with.

IanY
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Aren't high speed Yate Loons a little too noisy ? You may want to go with medium spped Yate Loons, or even Eight Low Speed Yate Loons, depending on your temperature tolerances. The high speed Yate Loons would sort of negate the efforts towards a silent computer.

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Aren't high speed Yate Loons a little too noisy ? You may want to go with medium spped Yate Loons, or even Eight Low Speed Yate Loons, depending on your temperature tolerances. The high speed Yate Loons would sort of negate the efforts towards a silent computer.

I did not read her specifics on silence . . if so then mediums. I switched out my mediums for highs for performance reasons. BTW: I have temp probes now on the outlet of ALL my rads in my Skully setup!!! 30-32c out . . .

p2501
07-10-2008, 08:24 AM
That's interesting DarthBeavis, which probes did you install? I can't seem to find high-flow ones...

freakgeek1337
07-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Personally I think she should go with the S-Flex, tests done by Vapor show that it's really quiet.

s0lid
07-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Building my own ST build.
Teh cooling:
CPU: 2x Apogee GT
NB: EK S-MAX + DIY mounts
SB: Dunno yet, maybe stock...
GPU: EK FCR-600 CF
MEM: 2x Mips memory waterblocks
Rads: 360mm + 240mm
Pump: L30, That's one damn strong pump :rofl:
Case: Some thing totally different

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 09:12 AM
That's interesting DarthBeavis, which probes did you install? I can't seem to find high-flow ones...

Bitspower . . .
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5571/dsc00456vp6.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00456vp6.jpg)

p2501
07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks a lot man, those look quite good.

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok I think I got it now guys.. Can someone check my list and add some feedback if it's bad/good or whatever, There are still some things that I'm a bit confused about.

CPU Block: 2x Danger Den MC-TDX
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=291&cat=0&page=1

GPU Block: Danger Den or EK 4870 full cover clocks. - I cant seem to find any links for any of these.. What are they called specificly and which is best?

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=331

SB Block: Vadim Blastflow Tidal SkullTrail - I'm going to order this as I'm too lazy to call DD for a product they can't even display/sell from their site.. unless someone objects?
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29103&vpn=BLASTFLOW-TIDAL-SKULLTRAIL-SB-BLOCK&manufacture=Vadim&#37;20Computers

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25341&vpn=MCH1245&manufacture=MIPS

Pumps: DDC Pump, add clear top - I can't really seem to find a link for these.. But I need 3 as you said?

Radiator: Black Ice GTX 480 Radiator
http://coolerkit.dk/product.asp?product=611

-15-20 feet of 3/8 Tygon (you will have extra . . .a GOOD thing to do0
-3/8 ID 5/8 OD Compression Fittings . . .get 3 for pump, two for rad, two for each block)
-3/8 brass fill plug

You lost me here Darth.. can I get a specific link? Not sure exactly how those tubes and plugs look, and how many packs will I need quantity wise?

-They have Feser fluid so choose what suits your fancy, can use Feser dye with distilled water
Hehe again.. How much Will I need and does this come In different colors? :D A few links would be great so I dont accidently order the wrong thing.

I guess when you say "PT Nuke" you mean this? http://www.petrastechshop.com/pepcobi1.html

Fans: 4 x Medium speed Yate Loons?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22998

anyways thanks for the help it seems like I'm getting ready to order as soon as I get the last parts down :):):) Price is quite steep though easily runs over $1100 USD shipping included... But I guess that's what I costs.

Movieman
07-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Just reading through this thread and Jennifer, you got some of the best people at Xs giving you advice.
Yes, some will have slightly different preferences but this group that has posted are people that when they talk, I listen..:up:

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Ok I think I got it now guys.. Can someone check my list and add some feedback if it's bad/good or whatever, There are still some things that I'm a bit confused about.

CPU Block: 2x Danger Den MC-TDX
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=291&cat=0&page=1

GPU Block: Danger Den or EK 4870 full cover clocks. - I cant seem to find any links for any of these.. What are they called specificly and which is best?

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=331

SB Block: Vadim Blastflow Tidal SkullTrail - I'm going to order this as I'm too lazy to call DD for a product they can't even display/sell from their site.. unless someone objects?
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29103&vpn=BLASTFLOW-TIDAL-SKULLTRAIL-SB-BLOCK&manufacture=Vadim&#37;20Computers

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25341&vpn=MCH1245&manufacture=MIPS

Pumps: DDC Pump, add clear top - I can't really seem to find a link for these.. But I need 3 as you said?

Radiator - Black Ice GTX 480 Radiator
http://coolerkit.dk/product.asp?product=611

You lost me here Darth.. can I get a specific link? Not sure exactly how those tubes and plugs look, and how many packs will I need quantity wise?

Hehe again.. How much Will I need and does this come In different colors? A few links would be great so I dont accidently order the wrong thing.

I guess when you say "PT Nuke" you mean this? http://www.petrastechshop.com/pepcobi1.html

Fans: 4 x Medium speed Yate Loons?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22998

anyways thanks for the help it seems like I'm getting ready to order as soon as I get the last parts down :):):)

The SB block they do not have instructions ready for so it would be a special deal to get you one, but use the Blast Flow if you want. Either way you will be good.

Pump:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=281&cat=4&page=1
Clear top:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=326
You need ONE pump and clear top but THREE fittings. Sorry for the confusion.
Tubing: Order 15 feet of this choose 3/8 from the dropdown box:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=172&cat=33&page=1
These are the fittings I would use for EVERYTHING (2 for GPU, 4 for CPUS, 2 for NB. 2 for SB, 3 for pump, 2 for radiator, 2 for ram block = total of 17?) Yes they are spendy but they hold GREAT and NO clamps and they look pimp
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=307&cat=34&page=1#tabs
One of the brass plugs in 3/8:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=243&cat=34&page=1
Feser Dye (colors available in drop down . . .avoid the Black to Blue one):
http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=329&cat=55&page=1
Or get premix from here:
http://www.dangerden.com/store/home.php?cat=63

You are dead on with the PT nuke link and Yate Loon link!

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Just reading through this thread and Jennifer, you got some of the best people at Xs giving you advice.
Yes, some will have slightly different preferences but this group that has posted are people that when they talk, I listen..:up:
thanks for the kind words . . .I totally respect the other opinions here myself . . .it all works and well all love high-quality stuff. It is great we have a diveristy of products that all do a decent job! And we are such an international community! Just awesome.

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Building my own ST build.
Teh cooling:
CPU: 2x Apogee GT
NB: EK S-MAX + DIY mounts
SB: Dunno yet, maybe stock...
GPU: EK FCR-600 CF
MEM: 2x Mips memory waterblocks
Rads: 360mm + 240mm
Pump: L30, That's one damn strong pump :rofl:
Case: Some thing totally different

Serious pimpage in those specs dude . . . .s0lid is a good name for you!

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Hmm seems like I'm ready to order only thing I need to decide on is the Non-Conductive Formula.. I guess getting a premix bottle would be easier? Does it have to be Feser? I was kinda digging the FluidXP blood red, If that ones out of the picture where could I find higher res pictures of the the feser colors in action?

Have been googling for a while but there aren't many pictures arond.

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
*sigh*

okey, im not gonna argue with this anymore:

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/DangerDen-MC-TDX.html

Jennifer Look at that chart.

Then go down to Pressure drop. Average flow though a system is somewhere between 1-2gpm.

Also, the D-tek is one of the TOP performers, and if you ever need to split them up, add accelerators and they will give the TDX a big run. The D-tek is a better block overall.

So i am advising you go with the d-tek's v1 x 2 as they are just a much smarter choice.

Also someone correct me if im wrong, but the TDX is a flat block = BAD
The d-tek is a BOWED block = GOOD.

Search Bowing if you want to learn more about it. But blocks NEED to be bowed or stepped.
And trust me, i know a TON about cpu blocks.

As for the other blocks, DB's recomendations look good. However on the CPU block i am telling you this is a much smarter and wiser choice.

However the XSPC block is the BEST. and if the BEST is what your looking for, then you need to get the XSPC block.

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/XSPC-Edge-Acrylic-CPU-Preview.html

This is what you should really be looking for.

ACK i saw one more thing.
DB that top sucks. Martin even tested it.
http://www.jab-tech.com/XSPC-Laing-DDC-Top-pr-4124.html <--- best top minus the res top.

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/DDC32PumpTopTesting.html

Also there is nothing wrong with mixing companys. It be VERY unwise for you to go all one company as each company has a TOP product in diffferent catigories.

coolmiester
07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Just a couple of things to add really

Y'all know i like my pictures so just thought i post one of my current install which is still a little way off finished but thought it may be worth mentioning the weight issue going on here.

The board as you see in the below pictures weighs in a 2587g with a further 2180g once the GX2 blocks are installed then there is the weight of the two GFX cards themselves plus hose and liquid...

So that's way over 5500g..........by far the heaviest system i've put together but having said that, not really much of an issue if you project is static, plus you won't have the added GFX weight.

As for Fluid XP - i used it in my last build as a last resort but the stuff is sooooo gloopy it nearly stopped my poor little DDC dead in its tracks............im not a fan of the stuff at all and its none UV nor does it have the cooling ability or price of the likes of Feser.

Watercooling Fluid Shootout (http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/02/16/watercooling_fluid_shootout/1)

BTW, as you can see, i'm going with FuZion V1's ;)

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/skull/skull_102.jpg

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 03:20 PM
as you can also see CM is mixing a lot of companies

:yepp:

The board as you see in the below pictures weighs in a 2587g with a further 2180g once the GX2 blocks are installed then there is the weight of the two GFX cards themselves plus hose and liquid...

So that's way over 5500g..........by far the heaviest system i've put together but having said that, not really much of an issue if you project is static, plus you won't have the added GFX weight.

Also CM's comment ment, listen to Naekuh and Get a MountMods Horrizon.

Yes CM?

IanY
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Next time, there should be a system. The first person in advices, and the rest just stand clear.

OR people like me with no ST shouldn't say too much lol :)

For crying out loud, you guys come to a consensus! The poor girl wants to order stuff and now she gets contradicting advice !

Vargher Warg
07-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hej Jennifer! kul att se en svensk tjej h&#228;r med en SkullTrail! :)

The Yate loon fans you linked to at PCS are only 20mm thick. :(

If you're going to buy stuff from Petras, you could also buy your fans there
for a good price!
http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa1.html

Now! I don't want to make you confused but if you are looking for silence, then I'm a little bit worried about your choice of going with only
one radiator for all your stuff.

For silence I would personally find a case that can fit at least 2 big radiators like 'TFC' or 'Thermochill' for slow fans like Petras Yate Loon SL:

TFC
http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/The-Feser-Company-X-Changer-480-Review.html

Thermochill
http://coolerkit.dk/product.asp?product=816&sub=3&page=1

Yate Loon SL
http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa.html

If you also want to tweak the noise levels contra performance (while idle for an example)

You could also need some fan controller for this, maybe:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/5sckmamufuco.html

Try to find so many things you can from the same shop as well for cutting down on additional shipping costs!

I hope I didn't confused you with these suggestions and maybe someone else could chime in here if I'm totally wrong about the more silent stuff.

I'm just worried for your wish of silence with only one radiator who will need at least 4 fans at 1600 rpm or more for all your gear?.

I don't know sheit about SkullTrail SO PLEASE GUYS! help her get a silent system if that what she wishes for! :)

IanY
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh man.. no talk about Thermochill please !!! She wants the Danger Den Tower 26 case, and the *only* rad that fits perfectly in there is the Black Ice 480GTX, and just one radiator, so no more talk about at least two radiators, please.

She wants that case. Let's work with what she wants.

I personally would want a butt load of TC rads and silent fans, but this isn't my machine.

This thing is going back downhill real fast.

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Well, im the one who poped the tower 26 case. DB of course came after and showed it off. :D

Chipset blocks, the most important thing is what fits. Doesnt matter how well it works, cuz they all work better then air. Oh no mixing metals.
Cpu blocks, you need to meet design and nature. There is no such thing as a King block on all catigories and requirements.
Gpu block, the only sector i'll bling. EK makes white nickle siver blocks if you want that added bling.
Tubing, heheh.. you know im cheap with tubing. Thats why i use koolance compressions. :D

Time, i wish i had more time. :T

Vargher Warg
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Oh man.. no talk about Thermochill please !!! She wants the Danger Den Tower 26 case, and the *only* rad that fits perfectly in there is the Black Ice 480GTX, and just one radiator, so no more talk about at least two radiators, please.

She wants that case. Let's work with what she wants.

This thing is going back downhill real fast.

Yes you have right in this about the case she wanted! but I also read her wish for more silence.

I'm sorry man! but I thought that was her main goal with her WC!

IanY
07-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes you have right in this about the case she wanted! but I also read her wish for more silence.

I thought so too! Man, I agree with you completely.. and that's why I'm so frustrated as well.

I would have many many TC rads with super silent fans.

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 03:46 PM

dont mind iany.

He didnt get his frosted flakes this morning. :rofl:

Its just were using the OP as a tennis ball, and she's being thrown around back and forth.

Jennifer get what DB recomended minus the TDX.
Grab the XSPC block. And you'll be very happy.

End of story!

IanY
07-10-2008, 03:52 PM
He didnt get his frosted flakes this morning. :rofl:

Been peeping again? Shame on you! I need to install curtains and shutters on my kitchen window!!! :) :ROTF:

Movieman
07-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Been peeping again? Shame on you! I need to install curtains and shutters on my kitchen window!!! :) :ROTF:

Naekuh would be in your house at 2am installing hidden cameras.(all copper of course)
No hiding from him at all..:rofl:

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I fully support MM and DD for cases. The only time to go one way or another is when the person I am advising has a preference (I have directed many many sales to both companies). I also stated I have no problem with using a variety of cpu blocks as many are good. I am not familiar with the one you mention Naekuh but the bottom line is there is not a large delta between any of the blocks in teh top segment of this market. The vendors all realize that as well. Doesn't matter to me . . .I just suggested what fit into her requirements. Its all good. Oh, Fluid XP has a thinner version of their forumla (LT) now so the gumpiness should be no longer and issue. I have four bottles I will use in my current mods if the colors are right under uv light . . .either way I will test them out. Blood red is sexy

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
DB you know i consider you a pal. :up:

its just she's looking for the best. The best is what i corrected off the list you gave. :T

the 480GTX is the best radiator tho. The Tower 26 is the only case that can fit it without mods as of this moment.

The horrizon however will allow you to split your loops up so you have 2 loops. One for your board and cpu, another for your gpu, which is very ideal.
The reason why i say horrizon is because of the weight on your gpu blocks + gpu cards. As CM said, its NO JOKE.

If you want to do this correct and properly, your gonna need to redue your case and a few hardware and have 2 different loops.
Lets get past the bling and go for the real performance is what im trying to say.

Naekuh would be in your house at 2am installing hidden cameras.(all copper of course)
No hiding from him at all..:rofl:

no has to be platnium. Otherwise when they oxidize he's gonna notice them. :rofl:

WrigleyVillain
07-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Jen just agree to marry NaeKuh already and apparently all your "hardware" needs will be addressed... :rofl:

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
DB you know i consider you a pal. :up:

its just she's looking for the best. The best is what i corrected off the list you gave. :T

the 480GTX is the best radiator tho. The Tower 26 is the only case that can fit it without mods as of this moment.

The horrizon however will allow you to split your loops up so you have 2 loops. One for your board and cpu, another for your gpu, which is very ideal.
The reason why i say horrizon is because of the weight on your gpu blocks + gpu cards. As CM said, its NO JOKE.

If you want to do this correct and properly, your gonna need to redue your case and a few hardware and have 2 different loops.
Lets get past the bling and go for the real performance is what im trying to say.

I also prefer D5 pumps, the DDC might preform better but I don't like the idea of having to "cool" my pump, plug the MTBF is 2x better on the D5. (mine has been running for over 3 years and I usualy leave my PC on all the time except durring the summer when it heats my room too much)...

no has to be platnium. Otherwise when they oxidize he's gonna notice them. :rofl:

IMO that acrylic waterblock is far from the "best" just because it is acrylic and all my acrylic tops tend to crack or spider after a couple years use (spidered where barbs thread in). I would NEVER buy that block even it if cooled the best. Delrin is another stoy my delrin blocks are still fine (no cracks).

If you go with the TDX blocks I would also advise you to buy the brass tops for them not the stock acrylic tops. DD said my case is rare, but I have heard from several others that have had this problem with acrylic cracking as well. Otherwise the Fuzion seems to be a nice compromise.

The cheap O-rings that come with waterblocks tend to develop surface cracks as well, I'd recommend replacing with EPDM or similar. Although I only have 6 months on my O-rings since i replaced tehm all. (the large O-rings theat seal the block together don't seem to crack, just the ones exposed to the air after a few years.

No one is using Pentosin for their loops anymore? Did I miss a meeting somewhere?

coolmeister - That looks very nice!

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Gaahh.. I leave for a while and come back to this.. shiit I appreciate all the contributions and facts that you people come with and obviously it sounds like I need to make a few changes. Ok first off.. the CPU blocks.. OK I need to get the D-TEK FuZion instead of the DangerDen one, Great. Buuut This is where I get confused because coolmiester says
BTW, as you can see, i'm going with FuZion V1's .. Yet the ones on the picture is V2 according to D-teks site http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=209

Is it just me or am I missing something? The older V1 is the shiny metallic version and the V2 is the all black right? Or have I missed something? Is there a V1 that looks exactly like the V2?

Ok next confusing bit NaeKuh you talk about the XSPC block as I can see.. Is this for the gfx?

Ok about the noise.. I never said I wanted it to be Pin-Drop, Silent but rather low noise.. so the thing doesn't emit a loud buzz or hiss as when their aircooled.
so that's why I'm getting confused now again because IanY you said
It will be quiet. Very quiet. in reply to how noisy it would be with a DD tower26+ 480GTX so I presumed that It would be pretty low noise?

Let's be honest I could NEVER EVER NEVErrrrr.. ever have a horizon case in my appartment, they are plain horrid.. just repulsive.. I can honestly say it is THE ugliest cases I have EVER seen. Mountain Mods needs to seriously consider hiring a designer.
Another thing I don't get either in the discussion about the case.. Is what the problem is? why shouldn't the Tower26 be able to hold everything? Is the concern that the whole thing will break off and smash to the floor? because honestly how could that happen? Everything is screwed in properly and the Only thing I will have is a single GFX added with all the blocks etc. I honestly can't see how that will be much heavier than the two enourmous zalmans screwed onto the board atm.

Either way I'm getting the Tower 26 and if they can advertise a picture with a skulltrail setup it will probably hold.. If the thing breaks one could always sue the hell out of them?

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Gaahh.. I leave for a while and come back to this.. shiit I appreciate all the contributions and facts that you people come with and obviously it sounds like I need to make a few changes. Ok first off.. the CPU blocks.. OK I need to get the D-TEK FuZion instead of the DangerDen one, Great. Buuut This is where I get confused because coolmiester says .. Yet the ones on the picture is V2 according to D-teks site http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=209

Is it just me or am I missing something? The older V1 is the shiny metallic version and the V2 is the all black right? Or have I missed something? Is there a V1 that looks exactly like the V2?

Ok next confusing bit NaeKuh you talk about the XSPC block as I can see.. Is this for the gfx?

Ok about the noise.. I never said I wanted it to be Pin-Drop, Silent but rather low noise.. so the thing doesn't emit a loud buzz or hiss as when their aircooled.
so that's why I'm getting confused now again because IanY you said in reply to how noisy it would be with a DD tower26+ 480GTX so I presumed that It would be pretty low noise?

Let's be honest I could NEVER EVER NEVErrrrr.. ever have a horizon case in my appartment, they are plain horrid.. just repulsive.. I can honestly say it is THE ugliest cases I have EVER seen. Mountain Mods needs to seriously consider hiring a designer.
Another thing I don't get either in the discussion about the case.. Is what the problem is? why shouldn't the Tower26 be able to hold everything? Is the concern that the whole thing will break off and smash to the floor? because honestly how could that happen? Everything is screwed in properly and the Only thing I will have is a single GFX added with all the blocks etc. I honestly can't see how that will be much heavier than the two enourmous zalmans screwed onto the board atm.

Either way I'm getting the Tower 26 and if they can advertise a picture with a skulltrail setup it will probably hold.. If the thing breaks one could always sue the hell out of them?

Ok first to get rid of the confusion with the fuzions:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2962042&postcount=108
I hear the V1 flows a little better, but it is not significantly better flowing. The design is a little better though IMO. Hhowever the V1's can be had for about $45 shipped used / new if you buy in the forums. I think the MC-TDX would not be a bad choice if your going to put everything in the same loop. I "think" it flows better than either of these Fusions but I honestly do not remember so you would have to do some research)

Second I think the problem with using a 480 + tower is that you might benefit from 2 loops. (I'm also not a big fan of plexy cases esp w/ complex systems because it is very hard to organize and hide wires when you can see through the case.

Last time I checked the Thermochill PA 120.3 performs better when using quiet(ish) fans even though it takes up less space than the 480. I'm using an old stacker myself T01, you can fit a Thermochill PA 120.3 on the bottom with 38mm fans on top of it, but then you still only have one loop (and it requires some modification to the case). There are other cases that can fit 2 PA120.2's that will provide you much better performance than the 480 and allow for 2 loops.
Hope this helps.

IanY
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
so that's why I'm getting confused now again because IanY you said in reply to how noisy it would be with a DD tower26+ 480GTX so I presumed that It would be pretty low noise?

I will speak only to the statement that I made. I was under the impression that Danger Den somehow managed to get its Skulltrail system going with just one radiator, and just use quiet fans. The Yate Loon SL produces less than 27 dB in its stock form. I was very surprised that one radiator was all that was necessary. My thoughts were... four Yate Loon SLs only... that's incredibly quiet. How wonderful!

That was until DarthBeavis mentioned that he upgraded from Yate Loon Mediums (which are not quiet) to Yate Loon Highs (which are definitely not quiet), and he gave the reason as him wanting to upgrade his performance.

Let's get something straight. Twelve Yate Loon SLs may not even be as loud as four Yate Loon mediums. If you have a system with three Thermochill radiators and nine Yate Loon SLs, it will be more quiet than four Yate Loon Mediums on that Black Ice 480GTX. It probably takes twenty or more Yate Loon SLs to equal four Yate Loon High Speeds. Do the math (shown below, and I grossly underestimated the number of slow fans needed to equal the noise level of four high speed fans). I'm shocked that DB hasn't gone bonkers with that fan noise.

Unfortunately, you cannot have Three PA120.3 radiators without having a Mountain Mods case, so you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I can guarantee you that three PA120.3s will take that Black Ice 480 GTX to the backyard and stomp on it. And that's the truth.

I'm just telling it like it is.

You want the Danger Den Tower 26 case. We're all working in your best interests. All the while, I have been sucking it in and shutting up.

IanY
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Actually I'm wrong on the math myself.

Using Petra's site,

One Yate high = 40dB
One Yate medium = 33 dB
One Yate slow = 28 dB

So, two highs = 43 dB; four highs = 46 dB
Two mediums = 36 dB; four mediums = 39 dB

Two lows = 31 dB; four lows = 34 dB; eight lows = 37 dB; 16 lows = 40 dB
32 lows = 43 dB; 64 lows= 46 dB

It takes 64 low speed fans to equal the noise level of four Yate Loon high speed fans.

It takes 16 low speed fans to surpass the noise of four Yate Loon medium speed fans. 15 Yate Loon low speeds are enough to power FIVE Thermochill PA120.3s.

Now, are you sure you still want to use a Black Ice 480 GTX radiator ?!?!?

You sure you still want that Danger Den Tower 26 case, and not a Mountain Mods ?!?

Are you sure ?

Kudos to Mr. Vargher Varg for putting it so eloquently and politely. I even brushed him aside and slammed him for suggesting Thermochills. I should have saluted him there and then.

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I will speak only to the statement that I made. I was under the impression that Danger Den somehow managed to get its Skulltrail system going with just one radiator, and just use quiet fans. The Yate Loon SL produces less than 27 dB in its stock form. I was very surprised that one radiator was all that was necessary. My thoughts were... four Yate Loon SLs only... that's incredibly quiet. How wonderful!

That was until DarthBeavis mentioned that he upgraded from Yate Loon Mediums (which are not quiet) to Yate Loon Highs (which are definitely not quiet), and he gave the reason as him wanting to upgrade his performance.

Let's get something straight. Twelve Yate Loon SLs may not even be as loud as four Yate Loon mediums. If you have a system with three Thermochill radiators and nine Yate Loon SLs, it will be more quiet than four Yate Loon Mediums on that Black Ice 480GTX. It probably takes twenty or more Yate Loon SLs to equal four Yate Loon High Speeds (42dB). Do the math.

Unfortunately, you cannot have Three PA120.3 radiators without having a Mountain Mods case, so you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I can guarantee you that three PA120.3s will take that Black Ice 480 GTX to the backyard and stomp on it. And that's the truth.

I'm just telling it like it is.

You want the Danger Den Tower 26 case. We're all working in your best interests. All the while, I have been sucking it in and shutting up.

I never really took a good look at these IRL but it looks like this guy might fit 2 PA120.2's and still have room for the power supply in the bottom. Maybe someone could verify this? Will the MB fit up top though?

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07-BW
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163067

of course the Mountain mods case is going to whoop on this setup, but its huge! I can understand why the OP does not want one (ill take one though hah)

IanY
07-10-2008, 06:10 PM
of course the Mountain mods case is going to whoop on this setup

Whoop? It'll be as fast and decisive as the "mother of all battles."

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
ahh... I am completely dumbfounded right now, can't wrap my head around all the fans and radiators? Do the radiators have to be IN the case? Can't one just drill some holes and put it ontop or beside the case? Is there really no alternative to these (damn ugly) cube cases? or is any regular hightower case out of the picture if I do not want the system to sound like a fighterjet when starting it up.

Are you saying that if I go with the Tower26+ and a single 480GTX the thing will be right about just as noise as it is atm?

Ahh.. :S

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 06:28 PM
IMO that acrylic waterblock is far from the "best"

Your opinion was proved pointless cuz martin tested it as the best block out of all the ones listed.
So therefore by numbers it is the best block. And numbers is what matters.

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/img/XSPC-Edge-Acrylic-Thermal-1.png

So please, if you dont know what your talking about, just dont contribute. Your confusing the hell out of her.

Okey, jennifer this is the last post im gonna make because this thread is going downhill very fast.

I hope your good at math cuz im gonna do this fast and simple.

You have 2 cpu + 1 nb + 1 sb + 1 funky other thing.

Yorkfields put out about 175W of heat overclocked. You multiply this by 2 and you get 350W
Now you add the board's heat. We'll use around 80-90W So the total heat load you have alone on your board is roughly 440W.

Now you have your videocard. I believe you said it was a 9800GX2. So you account around 250W of heat on that sucker and you get a total of 690W of heat.

Now you need to look at this link down on thermal testing:
http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/img/HWlabs480GTXThermalGraph.png

You see where it says at 700W to keep at least a coolant delta under 5C you need to get some LOUD fans. Scythe Ultras are not your silent fans. 2k+ they scream

You see, single LOOP does not work. You need to split it up.

Anyhow i wish you good luck. If you want to go the dual loop route, i'll shine in. But i think ive given you a fair amount of warning that this wont be a silent system. And if it is, its not going to be much better then AIR. (you want to be in that BLUE line for a fairly quiet system RED line if you really dont want to hear it)

Oh BTW a lot of people look up to me as a GURU when it comes to h2oing, but hey what does that matter right? :up:

IanY
07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I'm stepping out as well. My input is counterproductive. I would do a minimum of three loops, if not four, but I am me, and you are you. I'm only spearheading the trip downhill, so I need to shut up and stay out of this.

Good luck.

Vargher Warg
07-10-2008, 07:05 PM
ahh... I am completely dumbfounded right now, can't wrap my head around all the fans and radiators? Do the radiators have to be IN the case? Can't one just drill some holes and put it ontop or beside the case? Is there really no alternative to these (damn ugly) cube cases? or is any regular hightower case out of the picture if I do not want the system to sound like a fighterjet when starting it up.

Are you saying that if I go with the Tower26+ and a single 480GTX the thing will be right about just as noise as it is atm?

Ahh.. :S

Yes the noise would almost be the same if you use 4 of the stronger Yate Loons and cooling everything on the board!

You don't need to cool everything on the board Jennifer! only the two CPU's and maybe the SB fan if it's loud? can be enough! and therefore you could maybe use slower fans or use a fan controller with the 480GTX

Your passive GT GFX-card is good as it is - and don't need any watercooling-block! :)

Take a good look at this Silverstone Tj07 case that Justin linked to:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163067

I have this case and so do a lot of other people here! - I love it! :up:

It looks great! have a great design and you can fit two radiators in the basement of this case,

1 Thermochill PA120.3 and 1 PA120.2 beside each other! you can also instead of the PA120.3 fit one of these X-Changer480 I think?:

http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/The-Feser-Company-X-Changer-480-Review.html

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Your opinion was proved pointless cuz martin tested it as the best block out of all the ones listed.
So therefore by numbers it is the best block. And numbers is what matters.

So please, if you dont know what your talking about, just dont contribute. Your confusing the hell out of her.

Okey, jennifer this is the last post im gonna make because this thread is going downhill very fast.

I hope your good at math cuz im gonna do this fast and simple.

You have 2 cpu + 1 nb + 1 sb + 1 funky other thing.

Yorkfields put out about 175W of heat overclocked. You multiply this by 2 and you get 350W
Now you add the board's heat. We'll use around 80-90W So the total heat load you have alone on your board is roughly 440W.

Now you have your videocard. I believe you said it was a 9800GX2. So you account around 250W of heat on that sucker and you get a total of 690W of heat.

Now you need to look at this link down on thermal testing:

You see where it says at 700W to keep at least a coolant delta under 5C you need to get some LOUD fans. Scythe Ultras are not your silent fans. 2k+ they scream

You see, single LOOP does not work. You need to split it up.

Anyhow i wish you good luck. If you want to go the dual loop route, i'll shine in. But i think ive given you a fair amount of warning that this wont be a silent system. And if it is, its not going to be much better then AIR. (you want to be in that BLUE line for a fairly quiet system RED line if you really dont want to hear it)

Oh BTW a lot of people look up to me as a GURU when it comes to h2oing, but hey what does that matter right? :up:

Well its nice when stuff performs well by numbers but in liquid cooling for me the most important thing is No leaks and reliability above all else (guess thats where we differ). Since I had to get rid of everything acrylic in my system (it all cracked after numerous heat cycles, I can honestly say that is theirfore not the best block out. Now show me a copper or brass shell from it and I would be interested. Best performing does not always equal the best choice for me. This is also why I have and will continue to purchase D5's rather than DDC pumps when possible. Hell I can throw NOS into my car/truck raise the compression advance the timing etc and it performs awesome, but if it is my daily driver I'll pass. It's not that I'm saying the block sucks, and its not that I don't know what I am talking about, but I would never own one due to the acrylic, I don't need to know anything about the block to make this decision. I'm not trying to be counter productive, but just throwinng my 2 cents. I'd rather have worm drive clamps than zipties any day of the week hands down. So to each their own. I think she has decided on the Fuzion V1 or V2 coolers, which are probably a good compromise. So my opinion is not Pointless, your whole argument is based only on temp and pressure drop, I also factor in price, difficulty to mount, reliability etc. Acrylic fails the reliability test for me therefor making it automaticaly not the best block IMO. If you like acrylic and have had good luck with it then thats great but I have not. not bating an argument here but now you know where I am coming from.

Another option for good reliable fans are Panalfo L1BX and a fan controller to adjust them to your needs/tolerances. They are not silent but not annoyingly loud either (38mm thick vs 25mm thick though) and provide good static pressure. Theres a TON of fan reviews but I have never had any issues with my LA1/L1BX Panaflos.

I would definatley go with the TFC over the Black Ice 480X no matter which case you get (so long as you can verify it will fit) and you can find a radiator :)

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Well its nice when stuff performs well by numbers but in liquid cooling for me the most important thing is No leaks above all else. Hell I can throw NOS into my car/truck and it performs awesome, but if it is my daily driver I'll pass. Not trying to be counter productive, but just throwinng my 2 cents. I'd ratehr have worm drive clamps than zipties any day of the week hands down as well so to each their own.

i honestly dont know what youve been doing to make leaks.

But i havent cracked one acrylic top yet.

If your cracking them, its either a cheap acrylic, or your using alcohol and drying the arcylic out.

Even my Maze4 blocks from way back are still crack free.

Jennifer26
07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Hmm I'm pretty beat right now But I'll keep it short before I go to bed. NaeKuh and IanY It obviously looks like you know what you are talking about but I have no idea which members are the guru's here and which are the followers, to me what everyone says makes sense and I though DB's idea looked good, because I'm a novice of course.

Anyways I guess I'm in no position to argue so if you say it has to be the dual loop route then I guess this is where I'm at.
So All I wanna know at the moment is, that Is it unavoidable to get the MM Horizon or would I be able to use the Silverstone Tj07 as you Vargher Warg suggests, because that thing looks great. But if that is just as "useless" as the Tower 26 I'll drop the idea immediately.

As soon as this will be decided I guess choosing the remaining parts will be the next difficult thing on the list.

ohh.. and its a sparkle passive 8800GT that I have, not a 9800GX2.. I hardly ever game.

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm stepping out as well. My input is counterproductive. I would do a minimum of three loops, if not four, but I am me, and you are you. I'm only spearheading the trip downhill, so I need to shut up and stay out of this.

Good luck.

I think you have some real solid points, your opinion is helping no hindering. 3 loops sounds reasonable to me too, but may not be possible. I think 2 loops certainly are possible though. Deciding on components is never easy, but its also the fun part!

Justintoxicated
07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
i honestly dont know what youve been doing to make leaks.

But i havent cracked one acrylic top yet.

If your cracking them, its either a cheap acrylic, or your using alcohol and drying the arcylic out.

Even my Maze4 blocks from way back are still crack free.

Put them it in crack free (TDX), pulled it out ~2 years later to change video cards and it was spidered... Bought a Maze4 chipset block from someone else who had the same MB purchased about the same time and it was in the same condition (spidered around the fittings) All o-rings had cracks as well. Granted there were no leaks...yet
Maybe cheap acrylic, or maybe defective tapping, I will never know. But I certainly don't like acrylic anymore, copper certainly isn't going to crack like that, and I haven't had anyproblems with delrin yet either...

I'm certainly not a senior member here I have only been water cooling for like 3.5 years. So take what I say for what it is worth, but it does not hurt to share my experiences.

DarthBeavis
07-10-2008, 08:32 PM
My personal system has upgrade fans. Other Skulltrail systems have medium yates and a single 480 . . .they are more similar to what the OP has . . .I have Quad SLI . . .more heat, diff situation. Regardless of what anyone has posted as far as blocks and rads . . .you will likely not see more than a few degrees difference either way. Single loop with medium yates will work for you. Any of the blocks mentioned will work for you. The Tower 26 will work for you. I wish I could say that the product this person or that person recommends sucks but they are all good as far as I know (tho I have not seen the one block as I mentioned before). Anyways . . .you can make a choice and if it is not the absolute best one in the long run who cares? It is not like you are choosing your baby's daddy now ;) Don't fret and just dive in . . .get wet.

Vargher Warg
07-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmm I'm pretty beat right now But I'll keep it short before I go to bed. NaeKuh and IanY It obviously looks like you know what you are talking about but I have no idea which members are the guru's here and which are the followers, to me what everyone says makes sense and I though DB's idea looked good, because I'm a novice of course.

Anyways I guess I'm in no position to argue so if you say it has to be the dual loop route then I guess this is where I'm at.
So All I wanna know at the moment is, that Is it unavoidable to get the MM Horizon or would I be able to use the Silverstone Tj07 as you Vargher Warg suggests, because that thing looks great. But if that is just as "useless" as the Tower 26 I'll drop the idea immediately.

As soon as this will be decided I guess choosing the remaining parts will be the next difficult thing on the list.

ohh.. and its a sparkle passive 8800GT that I have, not a 9800GX2.. I hardly ever game.

O.K as I understand it! the thing you look for is not to hear that Zalman jet plane take off right?

And you would not do any overclock, If so? you could save a lot of money by only watercooling the 2 CPU's and SB where you have that noisy fan - to make your system more quiet.

The sparkle passive 8800GT is passive so you dont need anything there!

It would not be an extreme system, but maybe a more quiet one if you absolutly want to watercool?

You could also use the Silverstone Tj07 and 1 TC PA120.3 + 1 TC PA120.2 with slow NEXUS 1000rpm fans and your system would be extremly quiet for your set up!

Change the top fans of the case for Nexus or Scythe Slipstreams 800 rpm fans as well!

Silverstone has a goodlooking HDD-cage with a fan holder you could buy and put into the front of the case as well for air-intake.

Ditch the two 92mm noisy fans in the back of the case as well - and you have more or less pure silence.

You will find several WC building logs of that case here in the forums, so building it would be easy peasy!

You could also as someone mentioned earlier here buy two TRUE Extreme and lap the shiit out of them, and put some real quiet fans on them. That would be the most logical thing to do if you don't want the hassle of WC and maintenance.

Or you could go with the very nice DD tower 26 with medium fans and an (mCubed T-Balancer BigNG) automatic software fan-controller (for inside the case mounting) and don't watercool everything on the board - and go passive with the GFX-card.

Take time to think it over before you make a hasty buy!

NaeKuh
07-10-2008, 09:08 PM
yes you can use a TJ-07 but your choice in hardware will be a little different.

Your loop structure should be something like this:

Loop1 - CPU Loop:
DDC-3.2 -> PA120.3 -> Cpu 1 -> Cpu 2 -> Res -> Repeat
You can pull off low speed Yates on this config and get really nice temps.

Loop2 - Gpu / Board loop
DDC-3.2 -> MCR220 -> Gpu -> NB -> SB -> res -> repeat.
You can pull this off with medium or low speed yates.
Depends on what you want for your gpu temps.

Things are gonna get VERY Tight inside. The DX5400 is not your average board, and the cable routing will be scary. I recomend you go 3/8ths for this to keep things cleaner.

eXa
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
U dont need a MM case. U can use TJ-07 or even other cases. Lian-li V2000 series(looks abit like TJ-07) can even fit 2 rads on top of eachother in the lower compartment. The problem with TJ-07, v2000 and other cases is that it requires abit of modding. Some more than others(only a couple of screw holes to hold the rad in place with the TJ-07). But with the Tower 26 u dont need any modding, its already good to go. If u think a 480gtx with D12SL-12 yates wont be enough u can skip WC the 88gt. Its already dead silent and can handle its operation temp just fine. the air from the rad alone will help with venting the case quite good. To get the most out of the yates get a shroud. Id recomend the Feser ones. thick enough and doesnt look to bad. http://www.feser-one.com/site/index.php?cPath=81

freakgeek1337
07-10-2008, 11:37 PM

RRR is going to get really peeved if he sees this.:rofl:

p2501
07-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Since the thread has gotten so confusing with different opinions I guess I'll chip in too and complicate things even more. Let's think about what she said she wants in the first post: it's ought to be really silent, the temps have to drop seriously at the same time and last but not least, money is of no issue. Why did no one ask until now: Jennifer, would you mind hanging rads on one side of your case? That way she could just add up rads to get the cooling she wants at the rated fan speed/ noise she wants. Be it ThermoChills or one of the 480's, she wouldn't have to buy a case she doesn't want.

So Jen, would you mind hanging them outside the case? If you're doing a good job then even this can look good and it'll cool very good since you always have the fans suck in cold outside air. That solution is just considered ugly by most, that's why nobody told you, but it's an option.

If you too think it would be just ugly then my whole post at least got everyone a good laugh...

eXa
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
About MM cases:
Well... its kinda a really ugly baby. U only think its beatuful because its yours. I can totally see her point, but i wouldnt mind having a MM case myself

:p:

IanY
07-11-2008, 04:34 AM
Is it any wonder why XS is frequently viewed as a collection of nut jobs ? :p:

Next time, one person speaks.. and the rest stay quiet lol

Vargher Warg
07-11-2008, 05:03 AM
But with the Tower 26 u dont need any modding, its already good to go. If u think a 480gtx with D12SL-12 yates wont be enough u can skip WC the 88gt. Its already dead silent and can handle its operation temp just fine. the air from the rad alone will help with venting the case quite good. To get the most out of the yates get a shroud. Id recomend the Feser ones. thick enough and doesnt look to bad. http://www.feser-one.com/site/index.php?cPath=81

You mean reversing the airflow of the tower26 and use the passive vents at the back and the side as a passive intake?

That could be very interesting! but could she then also have space to fit the shrouds on the rad in the front as well?

Well if that is possible with 4 Yate Loons SL and the 480GTX only watercooling the two CPU's it could be a great solution for a low-noise set up.

As you said her GFX-card is passive and don't need any watercooling.

She don't overclock and don't game much and she don't need to WC the ram and NB.

She just want a quieter workstation than it is now with the 2 Zalmans.

This could be the most easy way for her! she don't need any modding involved as well, which is good.

the only problem I see, is that, she can not use cold outside air direct through the Radiator with a reverse set up.

But if it's doable with 4 Yates SL on the 480GTX to only cool 2 CPU-blocks and venting the case at the same time - this could be an interesting low noise and low cost set up as well.

Two XSPC EDGE CPU-blocks could maybe also fit with two 3/8-5/8 compression fittings - I think?
http://www.martinsliquidlab.com/XSPC-Edge-Acrylic-CPU-Preview.html

Put one Laing DDC 3.2 with XSPC TOP RESOVAIR into the mix with 3/8-5/8 tubing and compression fittings and she is ready to go!

And Jennifer! "Be Prepared" to add VAT25% and Custom fees to your buying.

The Swedish Custom service will almost certain tax your order if you ordering a big case from abroad and outside of EU.

Smaller parcels with an value of $100-150 have almost always been passing through the filter for me, but I doubt a big box will.

So it could be smarter to see if could find a case from inside the EU and take the rest of your order in smaller parcels (Value $100-150) from the U.S.A.

( Sometimes I also ask the online vendors to mark 'GIFT' (X) on the U.S Custom slip (with smaller value parcels)
and in that way avoiding the Swedish tax! :cool: )

Vargher Warg
07-11-2008, 05:22 AM
Is it any wonder why XS is frequently viewed as a collection of nut jobs ? :p:

Next time, one person speaks.. and the rest stay quiet lol

Yeah I agree with you Ian on that! :rofl:... but while all guys mean well and wants the best for her, she don't need to cool all of her SkullTrail board for her purpose to get an quiet workstation.

She only wanted a solution to replace the noisy Zalmans, but, WHAM! got
suggestion for extreme cooling of everything on the board - including the rams and her passive GFX-card. :ROTF:

Why would she WC the rams if she's not overclocking? because it looks cool?

O.K! I can agree it looks cool but it doesn't meet her needs!

Instead we have to put our egos aside and stop sugesting totally extreme solutions for her!

Be reasonable and work together to help the girl out instead, without confusing her with all kind of sexy looking and extreme solutions.

She only need to replace cooling for the two CPU's and get rid of the small fan on the board, and she would be ready to go! :)

IanY
07-11-2008, 06:15 AM
She only need to replace cooling for the two CPU's and get rid of the small fan on the board, and she would be ready to go! :)

OK I'm with you on that.. but we still haven't told her about triple phase change .. just kidding.. :rofl::ROTF:

Also, you provided great info on the Swedish perspective. We Americans tend to forget about custom duties and all that expense.

biggles1
07-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Here comes a Swede, with MM and TC, which can giva you another perspective. Buying WC-stuff from Petras is great for Swedes. The value on the customs notice is not always what it could be. I did some calculation and based on the fact that I could by all the stuff from Petras actually saved me a few bucks. I also got the best of support!

Maybe a little OT, but hopefully it is ok to help a fellow countrymen (woman)...

IanY
07-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Now there's a second Swede helping a Swede ! Wonderful. Except the Swede being helped neither wants MM nor TC.

Vargher Warg
07-11-2008, 07:03 AM
OK I'm with you on that.. but we still haven't told her about triple phase change .. just kidding.. :rofl::ROTF:

Triple phase change for Jen! *Ssshh! keep quiet for God sake!* :rofl: :shock::shock2::shocked::rofl: :ROTF: :rofl: :lol2::lol: :nuts: :confused2 ::rehab:

Good one Ian! :up::rofl:

Here comes a Swede, with MM and TC, which can giva you another perspective. Buying WC-stuff from Petras is great for Swedes. The value on the customs notice is not always what it could be. I did some calculation and based on the fact that I could by all the stuff from Petras actually saved me a few bucks. I also got the best of support!

Maybe a little OT, but hopefully it is ok to help a fellow countrymen (woman)...

Yeah Petras are the greatest! - PCS are also great with these things!

One thing that is good for Jen with the DD tower26 is that is coming as a flat kit - so the parcel would not look like a computer case - and can therefore slip through the Custom filter without notice and without beeing taxable 25% as computer equipment!

DarthBeavis
07-11-2008, 07:21 AM
I am done with this thread. If the OP has further questions he/she can PM me and I will be glad to help.

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 07:47 AM
And now I'm back.. I see that there has been alot of posts added to the thread and the talk is still about what I want. I think I need to explain
When I started the thread I had no idea what I wanted because I knew nothing about WC, but now I'm getting familiar with the parts and what's good and what's not.. obviously based on other peoples opinion. My main problem was that my current setup seriously sounds like a fighterjet when it's booted up.. PLUS it runs 65c after an hour of use.. that is TOO HOT and TOO NOISY, I guess that's pretty logical.This is a major turn-off for the aircooling and so I wanted to go liquid.

First off I want to eliminate the use of fans so getting the two cpu's cooled is needed, then there is talk of the NB, SB, GFX and RAM.. I'f I'm going to do this it might aswell be done fully right? the GFX and RAM runs extremely hot as mentioned back at page one and they dump heat into the case.. not good, mounting fans onto them will result is noise, low or high doesn't matter.. eliminating any noise is preferable.

1. First off) So I want to watercool 2x CPU's, NB, SB, GFX and RAM... So now moving over to the case as far as I understood a dual loop setup cooling those 6 parts were NOT an option within the DangerDen right? So I guess that's out of the picture, Unless It's possible to hanging rads outside the case as mentioned because I would be cool with that and I don't think that it looks more ugly than a Horizon case.. I'd Rather have a hightower case with rads hanging from the sides than having a horizon case.

2. Secondly) If not possible, NaeKuh you say that It should be possible to mount everything into a TJ-07 But that It will be tight.. yet possible so I guess that case should work out. But then again what would the noise/heat level of a setup WC'ing everything in both these cases be? Good, Bad, Average?

Last but not least I would like to avoid a MM Cases as I've mentioned before, So If it is POSSIBLE to use one of the two above mentioned cases (even with slight modding) I'd like to forget the Mountain Mods, because right now the greatest hinderance is that I'm stuck with these three cases and no choice is being made. I prefer the Silverstone and the DangerDen over the Mountain Mods so If we could eliminate the MM case I'd prefer any setup presented with a Silverstone or DangerDen.. I like them both eaqually so which ever of those two that is more preferable when wc'ing 2x CPU's, NB, SB, GFX and RAM... I will choose that one.

But then again if some guru says the DD and the Silverstone is out of the picture theres really only the dreaded one left.

So.. opinions anyone? :D

IanY
07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Lian Li V-2000 series !

Vargher Warg
07-11-2008, 08:50 AM
OK first I'm sorry if I totally misunderstood your goal of watercooling I thought that silence was the most important priority.

While saying that, I salute you for watercooling everything with nice blocks
your only problem will the be to find a good case for it.

If you choose Thermochill or TFC radiators?

with that, you could also have a more or less quiet set up with many low-speed fans instead of fewer high-speed fans.

I can only speak for the Silverstone Tj07 case, which I have myself!

As Naekuh pointed out in his post it will be very tight and cramped if you are going to watercool everything with that board inside a Tj07.

I would not hang a radiator on the outside of a flimsy Tj07 panel, but you could put one additional radiator in the top of the Tj07 (beside those in the basement), but that requiers some modding and cutting as well.

Other Lian Li's could maybe be of interest as well? take a look!

Whatever you choose I wish you good luck! and lookin forward to see pictures of the beautiful board and build in the gallery later. :)

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
ask and ye shall recieve:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=186665&highlight=TJ07

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180292&highlight=TJ07

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=166483&highlight=Temjin

Trust me, i know more then most people on this forum, yet some people are in denial. :rofl:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=37&threadid=2005078&enterthread=y

Aigomorla = Naekuh incase you want to know. Look at my title on that forum.

:yepp:

A really good friend of mine named disruptfarm has a V2000 tri loop which he did REALLY nice.

The LL-V2000 series is another choice as well.

Since your serious about this and you want a good setup, we need to finalize on the case.

DarthBeavis
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
I am going to bounce back in for one thing. I appreciate the OP does not care for MM UFO boxes and that is fine as everyone has their own tastes. I need to correct her/him about Ben just doing that style. Ben pioneered the move away from the plain arse tower box (Boy Slay anyone). The guy deserves some credit and respect. This h2go case is clear proof he is trying to expand his line to meet the market . . .tho look at the demand for the Ascension cases! Also keep in mind MM, like Danger Den (and others like EK) are SMALL companies! They have limited time and expense for R & D. You love them for their innovation and accessibility, but that is also their downfall . . .if they were large companies you would not have that close access.

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I have nothing against the Tower 26.

As i said, its a great case which can fit a 480GTX without mods. But thats about it.
She needs a dual loop. DB, its too much heat for a quiet system. The moment her room got even the slightest bit hot, she'll see it.
Also single rad single loops system of that maginitude needs a TON of flow. Its just very difficult to pull off to how she wants.

Also when she loops everything and realizes its LOUDER to get better performance, she's gonna rant, and cuz us all out in making her buy 1000 dollars in hardware only to have it suck.

No, this is not what i want her to experience, so we either help her out right, or we help her out with BLING so she gets that at least.

I left the bling, seeing how everyone loves bling. But when people starting shoot out other recomendations and just confused her, i thought lets educate.

If you have any reference that points im wrong, please show it. I love to learn, however im fairly sure this isnt the system she wants, which is why my first recomendation was for her to be on air.

Ideally she should only watercool the loud things in her system. If the Board is making too much noise, id watercool the board only and aircool the cpu's. or aircool the gpu's.

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
IMO

LiLi = :down:

she hates MM with a passion.

what else can we look at? :rofl:

RAWR stupid antispam message:
The following errors occurred with your submission:
This forum requires that you wait 70 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh my geesh! Ok can we stick to the Silverstone case??? As far as I hear from your talk that should work out.. Given that I don't have to drill a reservoir and sheitt like that as some of your links shows NaeKuh, would I be able to pull it off :confused:I'd rather not get stuck in a setup that will be too advanced to do.

So what parts will I need exactly, everthing from tubes, pumps to blocks for this setup? Same as we discussed earlier? It also seems like I need some serious tools for this.. Hell some of these people have workshops for this in the pictures.

So recommendation for drills screwdrivers, screws, dremel cutter and whatever else I might need would be great too.

Basically I need to redo the list I had back on page 4 so I can order the hardware.:p:

freakgeek1337
07-11-2008, 10:01 AM
The Tower 26 is out of the question, so I'd go with the TJ07 or a Tagan Black Pearl(Lian Li V2000). The choice of cases is up to you Jen. The TJ07 will do a 480GTX and a Thermochill 120.2. While the Black Pearl will do a 480GTX, Swiftech MCR220, and a MCR120.

freakgeek1337
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
RRR, stop being biased. BTW, Jen said she doesn't want an MM!

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 10:05 AM
IMO

MM = :up:

LiLi = :down:

SilverStone = :down:

RRR theres a granny across the room handing out free vouchers for discounts on MM..

go pick me up some.

*chasing RRR out nicely* :rofl:

Give her some case ideas then. :P Because im lost besides those 2.

Justintoxicated
07-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but the V2000 case will require more modification than the TJ07? I have not owned either but thats what I thought when looking at them. Drilling holes is easy, but cutting perfect circles is not. Well maybe with a hole saw, or fly cutter on a drillpress. Both are beautiful cases though. Like I said even my old cheap stacker T01 will fit a PA120.3 on the bottom and you could mount another on top or possibly even in front, but it will require more work, and cutting steel is harder than aluminum. Once Case and radiators are mounted, the rest is just hooking up tubes (and careful location selection for the DDC's).

The advantage to having the radiators inside the case is you can more easily move the system around without worrying about damaging the radiator. I also would imagine it would be quieter with fans mounted inside the case vs outside (of course this depends on the fans). It also looks much cleaner with everything self contained. If mounting radiators outside of the case, then of course your case options fly through the roof You can do this on just about any full tower case (some still easier than others). I'd love to get the TJ07 for my next case its come down in price a little, but it is also still very expensive IMO. I'm suprised silverstone, LianLi, Coolermaster etc don't have a liquid cooling based case yet. (something that could easily put 2 480ER's in on the bottom and a nice brushed or annodized aluminum look to it). The market is out there!

Why does the memory get so hot on this system? I have never liquid cooled my memory. Is it possibly just because there is so much heat in the case and poor airflow? If so it might not be necessary to cool it after everything else is under water. Just I thought, but I have never worked on a skulltrail system so maybe it is necessary?

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 10:11 AM
What jen does, is have the case premoded b4 she buys.

or Buy a sidepannel at another store, and have them mod it and mail it to her.

You cant assume a person with a large budget has to do everything themselves.
If possible, i send out my stuff to custom builders and have things done for me.

mnpctech i like a lot for example.

Jen there is a LOT of custom builders on this forum. Some whose work is unmatched. DB is one of them, Coolmeister, CyberDruid. As i said in the first page, there work is not on the same leauge as most people on this forum.

If you really dont want to do mod the case, you can send one of those 3 money instead for the case + mods. They can do it, and mail you the premoded case exactly how you like it. So all you need to do is just insert.

Remember people with money get extra services and extra benifit. This is how the world is setup. You should make use of it.

DarthBeavis
07-11-2008, 10:14 AM

or Buy a sidepannel at another store, and have them mod it and mail it to her.

You cant assume a person with a large budget has to do everything themselves.
If possible, i send out my stuff to custom builders and have things done for me.

mnpctech i like a lot for example.

Jen there is a LOT of custom builders on this forum. Some whose work is unmatched. DB is one of them, Coolmeister, CyberDruid. As i said in the first page, there work is not on the same leauge as most people on this forum.

If you really dont want to do mod the case, you can send one of those 3 money instead for the case + mods. They can do it, and mail you the premoded case exactly how you like it. So all you need to do is just stuff.

Remember people with money get extra services and extra benifit. This is how the world is setup. You should make use of it.

Take me out of that list. I am a good bling modder but cannot touch Cyber and teh Meister for real life cases for real life people. Now I could make her one hell of a Chippendales Mannequin rig that dispenses Jagermeister . . .

IanY
07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
:p: IanY takes a MM panel and whacks RRR across the back of his head... stfu already... just kidding :rofl::ROTF::rofl::D

She HATES MM cases ok? Stop spamming nonsense :up: :p:

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
:p: IanY takes a MM panel and whacks RRR across the back of his head... stfu already... just kidding :rofl::ROTF::rofl::D

She HATES MM cases ok? Stop spamming nonsense :up: :p:

:shocked:

:rofl:

*on the floor cracking up cuz RRR goes THWAP! on the floor*

oh one more note.
Jen the main sell point on the TJ-07 is that you can take apart even the frame with just 1 screw driver. The entire case is rivitless making it the "modders dream" case. Any moding you do is because you need to fit something by cutting, otherwise you can take it apart to fit it.

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
If you really dont want to do mod the case, you can send one of those 3 money instead for the case + mods. They can do it, and mail you the premoded case exactly how you like it. So all you need to do is just insert.

Ok Well I'll get the Silverstone case but the thing is I Don't know how it should be modded and how exactly that I want it, all I wanted to do was throw in my parts fit the WC parts and run it.

If by modding you mean making it look fancy I don't really care about that but if you mean modding the case to fit the WC parts.. I still have no idea what to ask for because I don't exactly have a mindmap over have it should look, I thought you people had an idea. Well atleast you visualize it before telling me what parts to get.

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Damn everytime I post theres 3-4 more replies..

please no BLING BLING ok? :ROTF: I guess it will be able to fit the WC part's without serious to none modding in stock condition? As far as I have understood.

Justintoxicated
07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Damn everytime I post theres 3-4 more replies..

please no BLING BLING ok? :ROTF: I guess it will be able to fit the WC part's without serious to none modding in stock condition? As far as I have understood.

Get the TJ07 and put some D's on that :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:.

or get the V2000 pre-modded. Either will work pening how much you want to spend.

Vargher Warg
07-11-2008, 01:08 PM
To help you visualize and to give you an idea what can be done with Tj07:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187306

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190294

Made from an idea and fabrication from Charles at murderbox:
http://www.murderbox.com/

Now I got an idea! In the two first threads there is a guy with the name of Nils / 'Dualbrain'

Dualbrain and Charles have started a joint venture to sell prefab mod kits for the Tj07 and Dualbrain is located in Germany.

If you have the money, and take the contact with, and ask dualbrain nicely if you and him could work something out for your SkullTrail?

I mean if he could mod/prefab a Tj murdermod case for you and your Skulltrail in germany, and then send the whole case to you, ready to use and just through in your computerparts and the watercooling gear.

So please make contact with Dualbrain and ask if this is possible? this way you would have an awsome case with no modding/cutting at all required from your side.

I don't mean you are going for all the bling inside with matched color braided cables and such, I'm just thinking of a clean ready made case from him with the requirements and the design and layout for a Skulltrail.

Then It's up to you later, if you will go with bling and pink sleeving or not! ;)

Try and ask him/them! it could be their first SkullTrail murdermod! :cool:

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Well before asking the guy if he can mod the case to be able to fit the parts I guess I actually need to create a list of all the parts that is suppose to be in the case and scratch out the idea clearly.

Well anyways I'm not the expert here so I still need to know what parts to get and what parts to ditch, tubes, clips, reservoir, rads etc. I got the blocks down but there is still alot of things undecided as seen in the heavy discussions througout the thread

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Well before asking the guy if he can mod the case to be able to fit the parts I guess I actually need to create a list of all the parts that is suppose to be in the case and scratch out the idea clearly.

Well anyways I'm not the expert here so I still need to know what parts to get and what parts to ditch, tubes, clips, reservoir, rads etc. I got the blocks down but there is still alot of things undecided as seen in the heavy discussions througout the thread

block wise, DB gave good recomendations. Only pay attention to the 2 things i told you to watch out for.

The cpu block and Pump top.

Otherwise his recomendations is what works, so i would go with that.

coolmiester
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
WOW this thread just keeps kickin :clap:

I agree with all of the above [joke] :D

In all seriousness though, i wish i had mine up and running to see what sort of speed i need to run these fans at to keep things under control and at a heat and noise level that would be acceptable......well to me anyway!

freakgeek1337
07-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Chances are it's for a giant folding machine.

coolmiester
07-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Still.... Using a MM case... :up:

Dude, you really need to let that MM nonsense go because you're spoiling what potentially (for some anyway) is a decent thread.

I respect that everyone has their own preference when i comes to case design and aesthetics but your MM fan boy-izm is becoming weary and the OP has already made it pretty clear it wasn't welcome. (start a new thread if you feel the need to preach)

On a side note i do know that Coolermaster has a stunning all aluminium Stacker in the making which holds 2x 360 radiators but unfortunately it may be a little late for this particular build though having said that i'm not actually sure of the release date but i'll do my best to find out.

Justintoxicated
07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Dude, you really need to let that MM nonsense go because you're spoiling what potentially (for some anyway) is a decent thread.

I respect that everyone has their own preference when i comes to case design and aesthetics but your MM fan boy-izm is becoming weary and the OP has already made it pretty clear it wasn't welcome. (start a new thread if you feel the need to preach)

On a side note i do know that Coolermaster has a stunning all aluminium Stacker in the making which holds 2x 360 radiators but unfortunately it may be a little late for this particular build though having said that i'm not actually sure of the release date but i'll do my best to find out.

Please do, it sounds like my next case! I love my origional stacker, but 2 PA 120.3 and i will upgrade :) ...

So if the OP has decided on the TJ07, can someone verify what the BEST radiators that will fit are? Can she fit 2 PA 120.3 with room for the DDC pumps w. tops down there? If someone can validate verify this then I think thats enough info to get this project started.

Of course there is still the issue of cooling the memory....

This sound reasonable?
TJ07
2 DDC with XSPC tops http://www.petrastechshop.com/ladd1mcin12p.html + http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=4124
2 PA120.3 thermochills or Fesser (if someone can verify if these fit?) http://www.petrastechshop.com/thpara2.html or http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=4124
2 Fusion V2's with quadcore inserts- (one loop) http://www.petrastechshop.com/dfuv2uncpuwa.html + http://www.petrastechshop.com/qucomiinford.html
1 Video card block (whatever you want here mght as well go with another D-tek unless your trying to save money like me) http://www.petrastechshop.com/ekfucowaforn4.html
?? NB block (fill in the blank) - DD blocks with brass tops have several mounts, but theres plenty to pick from (get what you want) http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=331&cat=46&page=1
?? SB block (fill in the blank)
10 feet of 3/8th tygon tubing?
& Compression fittings for everything possible or just go with regular 3/8th fittings + hose clamps. The Fusion blocks don't fit the compression fitings AFAIK unless you want to buy more adapters. If it was me I'd just use Masterclear 7/16th tubing and 1/2 inch barbs because its cheap and if you mess up no big deal. However if you want nicer looking tubing the tygon 3/8th might be easier to make the runs with and you could use some compression fitings.

Q's when using 2 radiators in the lower section of the TJO7, what is the best orientation for the fans (both blowing in? both blowing out? or whatever).
Will 38mm fans fit? (I would consider them because then you can crank them to your needs if your not sure with what fans to go with).

Jennifer26
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Nice, I'm it sure looks good Justintoxicated, But unfortunately I can't verify what will work and not as im the novice here and you people are the guru's

Anyways I still don't have a 9800GX2 and I don't know where it's coming, What I have is a passive Sparkle 8800GT.. This baby http://www.digital-daily.com/video/sparkle_8800gt/

There was also a big fuss over not using the D-TEK FuZion v2 but rather the older Fuzion V1, I also remember someone posting a picture of their D5400XS board with what looks like V2's mounted but mentioned as V1's... So what's It going to be? V1, V2??

cadaveca
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
if single loop, V1's, as they will help with restriction, vs. the V2.

If doing seperate loops, or cpu's alone, then use the V2.

Justintoxicated
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Nice, I'm it sure looks good Justintoxicated, But unfortunately I can't verify what will work and not as im the novice here and you people are the guru's

Anyways I still don't have a 9800GX2 and I don't know where it's coming, What I have is a passive Sparkle 8800GT.. This baby http://www.digital-daily.com/video/sparkle_8800gt/

There was also a big fuss over not using the D-TEK FuZion v2 but rather the older Fuzion V1, I also remember someone posting a picture of their D5400XS board with what looks like V2's mounted but mentioned as V1's... So what's It going to be? V1, V2??

Lol Jen, take another look at my older post where you asked this Q the first time, I clarified the V1 V2 question with a link to side by side pics of both of them (the pictures posted were certainly V1's the V2's have a more rounded top but they are both very similar and either will do the job so its not really an issue either way).

If using a single loop go ahead and go with V1's or MC-TDX. But if going with 2 loops (TJo7) I would imagine the V2's will be fine (but more money). They are a better design, but slightly more restrictive (not that much). Since you dont care about hte cost I'd get the V2's (I have one on the way myself). Or if you don't care about acrylic you can grab those super waterblocks NaeKuh mentioned for max performance. By using 2 loops you don't have to worry about restriction nearly as much.

I guess I mixed up the vid cards, my bad? The affordable and better way to cool the video card would be the Fuzion GPU cooler + IandH Sinks. (please verify that the sparkle card is using the reference design before going this route) You can sub the fuzion for the swiftech or DD version as well. Or you can get a full cover block Any of these solutions will work fine for you. A GPU block is more re-usable (usualy) if you decide to upgrade later and should cool the core better while being less restrictive. But theres nothing wrong with the full cover block route either.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/dfugfx2gpuwa.html
+
http://www.petrastechshop.com/cu88cokitbyi1.html

Read the thread on the Murderbox, I believe he is using 2 120.3's in the TJ07 but I don't remember (they might be swiftech or something) this might confirm wether or not they fit, but you can certainly use whatever he did if you want to be certain. I need to get back to working on my project, yours is just cooler than my own. All you need to do is a little research and you should be on your way. If theres any questions I can help with shoot me a PM and I will do my best to answer.

NaeKuh
07-11-2008, 08:21 PM

okey jennifer you get another privite lesson from me. :rofl:

D-tek V1:
http://www.jab-tech.com/D-tek-FuZion-CPU-Water-Block-pr-3667.html

http://www.jab-tech.com/xcart/product_images/detailed/d_3361.jpg

You see how its very boxy.

Now the V2:
http://www.jab-tech.com/D-tek-Fuzion-V2-pr-4155.html

http://www.jab-tech.com/xcart/product_images/detailed/d_4311.jpg

You see how its rounder. That is the V2.

You want the V1.

Forget the XSPC block. Seems like XSPC has some QoC issues with there blocks. There top however is great as long as its not the res top.

disruptfam
07-11-2008, 11:53 PM
phase and liquid in a v2000 plenty of space

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64290&stc=1&d=1189637588

plethora of crap 3 watercooling loops

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9980/updatedpcpics076rq5.jpg

NaeKuh
07-12-2008, 09:32 AM
:worship:

ahahah thanks for dropping by disrupt! :up:

god i love that tri loop. Thats one crazy planning you did in advance.

Vargher Warg
07-20-2008, 01:12 AM
So Jennifer! did you advance any further regarding this build!

Just ask NaeKuh or DB if something is missing from your theory, they can fill in the blank parts.

Jennifer26
07-21-2008, 11:08 AM
I have ordered the case and I'm currently pondering about just mounting two of those thermalright extremes and run the thing for a while to decide if I want to watercool it or not. I think it would be stupid to drop over 1K on parts and then find out that I could be just as satisfied with air cooling.
I'm also pretty low on green this month so I'm gonna wait a month before starting this If I'm going to.

eXa
07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I wouldnt recomend 2 rads in a TJ-07. In a V2000 case u can mount 2 in the bottom, like on Disrupts picture. Looks like the top one can be a quad rad too if u put the harddrives in the optical bay. In the TJ-07 u can only fit 1 rad down below, but since the psu is mounted sideways a quad rad will fit.

RottenMutt
08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm also pretty low on green this month...

not much green in Swedish crowns/kronor (http://www.1000irani.com/pages/Nassim-moneyexchange.html)!?

I've got two water cooled DX5400's, which are the cause of "global heating", so Pelosi introduced the "cap and trade" bill to shut me down. I will be back as soon as it cools off, bring winter on. These things run hot, and throw on a couple of GTX 295 cards to boot!!