PDA

View Full Version : EK Supreme Backplate problem

Zaskar
07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Anyone have the EK supreme backplate?
When I put it all together it seems that now when I screw the mother board down to the MB tray that now the screw heads for the waterblock mounting hardware hit the tray bottom a little before the board is fully screwed down, so it has to flex a bit to be fully secured down.

Anyone else notice this? Im not sure if it will damage the board, I mean you get this thing to prevent bending, and now this item makes it bend in the other way.

Its a MM case, unsure if they use non standard standoff height.

I don't know if I should leave it or pull the mobo tray out and drill 4 holes directly under the screw heads to eliminate that pressure (im sure there will be 4 perfectly marked scratch spots to show me exactly where to drill :/)

septim
07-08-2008, 02:25 AM
somebody drilled those 4 holes through the tray, screwed through the tray too...
or just make a square hole there, like some of us, so you could change cpu back plates if the need arise...

septim
07-08-2008, 02:27 AM
somebody drilled those 4 holes through the tray, screwed through the tray too...
or just make a square hole there, like some of us, so you could change cpu back plates if the need arise...

Zaskar
07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Cool, think it would be better to drill the 4 holes in the removable mobo tray with a 1/2-3/4" inch drill bit or to countersink the holes in this backplate:
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-65556269779593_2010_68556514

I ordered new Stainless Steel (gotta love the pre rusted for your convenience EK stock ones) M4 50mm screws, both pan and tapered head, so I could mount normally or attempt a countersink.

Would it be wise to try to use a larger drill bit to countersink the holes in that mounting bracket? Are the holes too close to the edge?

Or should I just drill the mobo tray? (its removable and modular, could always just order another bottom)

NaeKuh
07-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I ordered new Stainless Steel (gotta love the pre rusted for your convenience EK stock ones)

:rofl:

not as bad as burnt marked and charred accelerator plate. :rofl: :up: