PDA

View Full Version : Blackops +Q9450 OC question

Fluxtate
07-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Could Somebody can help me to OC my system, please.
I know, that Q9450 not the best cpu to oc but I wish to squeeze as much as possible...
All my tries goes to crash...

systemviper
07-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi, There are a few threads that address that situation, use the search function above and use keywords like "blackops" or "Q9450" and then search the thread.

Just want to welcome you to the forum and hopefully point you in the right direction,

Welcome!~

Fluxtate
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for wellcome!!!

Yes, I have been looking and reading for some while, but could not find anything specific or matching same mboard and cpu. To use bios settings from another type mboard won't work.

BMAF
07-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi, could you list some of the bios settings that your using? Things like processor, memory, north bridge voltages etc. And how far you can get booting the computer before it crashes?

Fluxtate
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
CPU target 1.4v
Ram 1.8v
NB 1.5v

As You could see above cpuz att. can crash any time unpredictable. It means I can't go any further. These settings can pass memtest, but goes dead on prime95 in the first test. Funny thing is that reducing FSB does not help to pass prime 95.
In the end off the day, I can see than nobody even tries to play Blackops + Q9450.

saaya
07-08-2008, 01:44 AM
CPU target 1.4v
Ram 1.8v
NB 1.5v

As You could see above cpuz att. can crash any time unpredictable. It means I can't go any further. These settings can pass memtest, but goes dead on prime95 in the first test. Funny thing is that reducing FSB does not help to pass prime 95.
In the end off the day, I can see than nobody even tries to play Blackops + Q9450.

could you please post some more settings?
did you try more nb voltage, lets say 1.6v?
if memtest is stable but prime fails it sounds like its a cpu thing... what about running a lower multiplier?

dMITIj
07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
got the same problem as #0 Fluxtate, so maby its the Q9450??

Fluxtate
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the replays. I will do more homework tomorrow and we will see consequences

saaya
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
got the same problem as #0 Fluxtate, so maby its the Q9450??
i dont think so, i cant imagine what would cause the system to work and oc fine but not be stable with a certain type of cpu that isnt supported in bios for some reason. so i dont think its cpu/bios support for the 9450 :)

i will upload the excel spreadsheet to note down and share BIOS settings within a minute :)

saaya
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
i posted the excel spreadsheet here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194182

dMITIj
07-19-2008, 05:03 AM
any news flux??

DizzyMan
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey Flux,

I don't know much about the rest of your system but i would like to give you some advice on your memory settings.
I have the same modules here on the bench, but note that i'm not using the same mainboard. I have the privilige to be testing with the Avenger ;).

The timings on your memory are really conservative.
I have tested the modules at 1.9V with 7-7-7-18 timings with performance level 7, and, although the test is still ongoing, so far no problems.
I won't give memory performance numbers as that could well be a whole lot different for the BlackOps than on the Avenger ;).

Also, use the 1:4 CPU333 divider, that mostly gives the most stable results...

I hope this helps you on your way. I will post the results of the Orthos test at these settings tomorrow :).

Xello
08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Hey Flux,

I don't know much about the rest of your system but i would like to give you some advice on your memory settings.
I have the same modules here on the bench, but note that i'm not using the same mainboard. I have the privilige to be testing with the Avenger ;).

The timings on your memory are really conservative.
I have tested the modules at 1.9V with 7-7-7-18 timings with performance level 7, and, although the test is still ongoing, so far no problems.
I won't give memory performance numbers as that could well be a whole lot different for the BlackOps than on the Avenger ;).

Also, use the 1:4 CPU333 divider, that mostly gives the most stable results...

I hope this helps you on your way. I will post the results of the Orthos test at these settings tomorrow :).

Yeah, i'm using these dimms on my blackops, currently with 7-7-7-16 1T PL 6 and running smoothly @ 2.09v (might be able to get that lower). That breaks 10,100mbps Read for me in Everest (52.9ns latency). For a 4gbs kit for the money i paid i'm very happy :D

The 1:4 cpu333 strap definitely works best. If you're running G28 bios like i am flux your 1.4 target voltage should be more like 1.38v actual, you might try going to 1.42 target for 1.4v actual. I have to go to 1.46v target, that gives me 1.44v actual.

Slovnaft
08-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Hows it going.

I happen to be running a Q9450 system atm, and blackops is in the mail on its way to my house:up:.
I am currently running a gigabyte X48T-DQ6, with which I have been very displeased and am RMAing to Newegg (god bless 'em) as soon as blackops arrives.
However, I will note that I've gotten much better overclocking results than you on this pos board. I'm currently running at 3.68ghz with 1.3125v target, and 1.28v idle in cpuz and a whopping 1.22v at load (this board has horrible vdroop).
However, I noticed that in cpuz the voltage to your cpu is only 1.04v in cpuz at yoour 3.2ghz clock up at post 1. this is well below stock voltage on the q9450, and you should not expect good ocing results from this. YOu mentioned you set cpu voltage to 1.4 in bios...did you mean 1.04, or does that board really have that bad vdroop? I really think voltage is your answer here. 1.25-1.3v in cpuz should get you all the oc potential you need for 3.6-3.7ghz depending onn the quality of your chip and your other voltage settings, but make sure to keep it around 1.35-1.37 if you decide to overvolt, as i hear 9450s can be sensitives to voltages approaching 1.4. I'm really pleased with the Q9450, and feel like I'm just scratching the surface of its capability at such low voltages. Keep posting your results, as I'm eager for a preview.

Edit: Also, you should strap your RAM at 1:1 to get better clocks. ocing to a 1:2 divider is not worth having 9-9-9 timings imo, tighten those babies up

Fluxtate
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
here we go: see attach. (excel spreadsheet)

negev
08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
I also have a Q9450 and can't get above 3.2, i think the problem is my northbridge overheating, with the stock fan at 3.33 prime causes it to reach 62C and then it bsod's with "failed to receive interrupt from secondary processor". I'm hoping water will let me push harder..