PDA

View Full Version : tx750 ... may have taken out my mobo.. output is 15.36 volts..

zfactor
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
on the 12v leads 6.3-6.7 on the 5v ones and 4.9 on the 3.3 leads...so i may have lost a mobo now.. wow im pissed.. so i guess this will be rma'ed and then sold.. just needed to vent.. i once again have no system for work..

zanzabar
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
wow, u had a doa dfi then a broken corsair psu. maybee u need some1 to build it for u, or atleast order the parts

and ive used a few of the 750tx (including my own rig) and they always undervolt 0.25-0.3 so overvolting is vary strange, and ware did u get that number 15V should be imposable

zfactor
07-05-2008, 06:04 PM
dont know man.. when testing the 12v wires with a fluke meter (i own a car audio shop i know how to use a meter) i get a 15v+ reading. praz saod that could very well have been the cause of the dfi being bad as that was the only psu it was ever hooked to. so i cant totally blame the dfi as being bad i guess but it def is now.. i tested it with a antec psu and the mobo is def dead... so ill be rma'ing the psu and hopefully be able to rma the mobo even though it prob was caused by the psu..

also ive built tons of systems before as well as a load of laptops.. i rarely have a issues with a component..

zfactor
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
i can say i love my corsair ram.. so i dont have anything at all against corsair..

zfactor
07-05-2008, 06:43 PM
gonna send a email for rma on this.. well see how long it takes i may keep it as long as it doesnt take a month to come back to me.. again sorry just had to vent there.. just was very frustrating today

Yellowbeard
07-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Check your PMs please.

zfactor
07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
okay well i have to apologize to yellowbeard and corsair for the moment.. today i just hooked up a slightly older asus mobo to the psu and tested the voltage and it reads fine??? so i assume now the dfi mobo was causing the issue but im not sure how it would do that?? when i test the yellow black on any of the outputs with the 478 asus mobo it reads around 13v instead of near 16v..

so what the heck is going on with this.. can the mobo cause the psu to overvolt like that?? if not why now with the same meter and same psu but different mobo does it show a lower reading on the leads.. ??

zfactor
07-11-2008, 08:53 AM
well 100% it was the mobo. all is fine now.. i am sorry for the negative comments. everyone i spoke with and that i showed the meter reading to even local said it has to be the psu.. but somehow the mobo was causing the psu to overvolt?? not sure how but it def was with my new rma board from newegg the psu it outputs normal voltage now..

Yellowbeard
07-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for posting and I am glad you got it sorted.

Scubar
07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Can i just ask, how were you measuring the voltages the PSU was outputting ?

If you say because a piece of software or bios said so then you need a slap my friend.

Yellowbeard
07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
dont know man.. when testing the 12v wires with a fluke meter (i own a car audio shop i know how to use a meter) .

well 100% it was the mobo. all is fine now.. i am sorry for the negative comments. everyone i spoke with and that i showed the meter reading to even local said it has to be the psu..

so what the heck is going on with this.. can the mobo cause the psu to overvolt like that?? if not why now with the same meter and same psu but different mobo does it show a lower reading on leads..the ??

Read the thread.

:slap: No slapping necessary my friend. :slap:

zfactor
07-12-2008, 08:32 AM
thanks yellow.. i still wish i knew how the mobo was causing the psu to overvolt like that.. seems so odd for that to happen, but yeah all is fine and working great now with the new mobo