PDA

View Full Version : Your suggested settings for Blackops Quad @450fsb benching

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Guys,

I think it could be a good time for you to tell us some settings that will give us 450+ fsb on a quad core and 500+ on a dually.

The reason I consider this to be required is that this forum is rapidly becoming one of my blackops is not working as expected.

So time to come clean, you have the resources in the way of memory, cpu’s etc.

I have now been at my quad for 3 weeks with g26, g27 and now g28 none of which is giving a stable benching machine, by that I mean, set it up at say 440fsb 10 multi works fine, switch off, next day boot and it will not run at the settings it was happy with the day before.

I am on my 3rd PSU a Corsair 1000watt and now of the opinion that it is not a Psu issue.

Today I tried a dice session, failure, 400fsb 12.5 multi, boots goes to windows but fails system and 3dbenches,

I set up my Mars board; on dice 460fsb 11multi runs all benches without a problem.

It has been suggested that we sent our settings to you when having a problem; this is not a problem to me and would probably be very helpful.

If you could give me the Quantum force settings that should give me 450fsb on my quad QX9650, corsair 1800c7 ver3.1 memory corsair 1000watt psu, graphic cards have a few can be either pci ati9250 or pci-e 9800GX2.

Please include the voltage settings for use on water cooling, single stage, dice Ln2 will work out myself once I can get this baby sweet,

Thanks for reading, looking forward to benching @450fsb

Pegazus
07-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I have the same issue. Waiting for respond too. :)

rdrash
07-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Guys,

I think it could be a good time for you to tell us some settings that will give us 450+ fsb on a quad core and 500+ on a dually.

The reason I consider this to be required is that this forum is rapidly becoming one of my blackops is not working as expected.

I have now been at my quad for 3 weeks with g26, g27 and now g28 none of which is giving a stable benching machine, by that I mean, set it up at say 440fsb 10 multi works fine, switch off, next day boot and it will not run at the settings it was happy with the day before.

I am on my 3rd PSU a Corsair 1000watt and now of the opinion that it is not a Psu issue.

Today I tried a dice session, failure, 400fsb 12.5 multi, boots goes to windows but fails system and 3dbenches,

I set up my Mars board; on dice 460fsb 11multi runs all benches without a problem.

It has been suggested that we sent our settings to you when having a problem; this is not a problem to me and would probably be very helpful.

If you could give me the Quantum force settings that should give me 450fsb on my quad QX9650, corsair 1800c7 ver3.1 memory corsair 1000watt psu, graphic cards have a few can be either pci ati9250 or pci-e 9800GX2.

Please include the voltage settings for use on water cooling, single stage, dice Ln2 will work out myself once I can get this baby sweet,

I haven't hit 450 yet but I did some good work at 444 so far using ln2. I'm on my second BO board as I killed one earlier (solely user induced death) and had to wait for a replacement to arrive. I can link you to a page here that has settings for 440ish but I bet you've already found that page.

Shoot me a pm if you need that link and I'll be glad

here are the setting I used:

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=383960

M/B: Foxconn Black OPS retail (Bios 7A3F1G28.BIN)
M/B Bed: Navig custom benchstation
CPU: QX9650 (L739A637)
CPU cooling: F1 Extreme Edition cpu pot + LN2 / Temp:-140c
Chipset Cooling: Water on north bridge
Memory: G.Skill DDR3 1800 F3-14400CL7D 2 x 1GB
VGA:HIS 3870X2 Crossfire-X
HDD:WD 74GB Raptor
PSU:Silverstone Strider 1000W

Vcore: 1.96V (1.375 x 1.575V = 2.1656V @BIOS)
Vcpu pll: 1.546582V @BIOS
Vcpu vtt: 1.650V@BIOS
Vnb: 1.625V @BIOS
Vsb: 1.688V@BIOS
Vdimm: 2.210V @BIOS
MEM: 1:2 CPU400
CL7-7-7-18, 1T, Performance Level=6, Auto for the rest in BIOS

Others: FSB440(x 13)@boot, set FSb increase to 444 for the cpuz shot, used 442 for superpi 1m run.
ambient temp 23c.

saaya
07-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Please include the voltage settings for use on water cooling, single stage, dice Ln2 will work out myself once I can get this baby sweet

there isnt ONE list of settings that is magically going to make it work for everybody... every system overclocks slightly different...

But yeah, its usefull to have a list of settings that work for others, and i was thinking of making one, combined with a guide on how to oc the system. Lists of settings that work at high speed are aleady available in the big blackops thread where several people posted their settings. Ill see if i can collect some of them and post them in one thread :)

very impressive results rdrash!
thanks a lot for sharing your settings :toast:

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi rdrash,

For Sure, have tried all the published settings I can find, plus the standard overclocking procedure.

My setting are identical to yours, except Vcpu vtt: 1.650V @ BIOS, I have been advised not to go beyond 1.300v as this will kill the quad in a matter of hours.

So, can I have some more information on this Vcpu vtt setting, because if that’s all that’s stopping me going forward with this board, please let me and others know.

Vcore voltage seems to be stuck at 1.75, if I go 1.78volts (phase or Dice) board will not boot, relays wont latch, drop back to 1.75 and will boot, is their a safety feature kicking in?

saaya
07-04-2008, 08:56 PM
i dont think more than 1.3v vtt kills cpus, i know some people reported that, but i think it was something else that killed the cpus, or the cpu was damaged because they ran much higher vtt than that before settling for 1.3v, or vtt was unstable, or vtt was bound to vmch and that was the problem... i think on some boards you shouldnt use more vt than vmch or else it might damage the cpu or something? i think that was on gigabyte boards, but im not sure.

and dont forget your using a 45nm cpu, which means setting 1.3v in bios will results in 1.2v.
vt is crucial in reaching high fsb speeds, unless you wanna fiddle with cpu gtl, and even then you will need high vtt to reach high fsb speeds with a quad.
and fsb seems to be your problem, you cant get all cores stable at a high fsb, right?

about vcore, could be that your cpu just doesnt like more vcore?
there shouldnt be any safety features... lots of people run 2v without issues for benching on ln2.
what psu are you using?
what do you mean with relays wont latch?

rdrash
07-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi rdrash,

For Sure, have tried all the published settings I can find, plus the standard overclocking procedure.

My setting are identical to yours, except Vcpu vtt: 1.650V @ BIOS, I have been advised not to go beyond 1.300v as this will kill the quad in a matter of hours.

So, can I have some more information on this Vcpu vtt setting, because if that’s all that’s stopping me going forward with this board, please let me and others know.

Vcore voltage seems to be stuck at 1.75, if I go 1.78volts (phase or Dice) board will not boot, relays wont latch, drop back to 1.75 and will boot, is their a safety feature kicking in?

Are you setting the vdroop compensation to on (enabled) in the BIOS? I left that at disabled...

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
i dont think more than 1.3v vtt kills cpus, i know some people reported that, but i think it was something else that killed the cpus, or the cpu was damaged because they ran much higher vtt than that before settling for 1.3v, or vtt was unstable, or vtt was bound to vmch and that was the problem... i think on some boards you shouldnt use more vt than vmch or else it might damage the cpu or something? i think that was on gigabyte boards, but im not sure.

and dont forget your using a 45nm cpu, which means setting 1.3v in bios will results in 1.2v.
vt is crucial in reaching high fsb speeds, unless you wanna fiddle with cpu gtl, and even then you will need high vtt to reach high fsb speeds with a quad.
and fsb seems to be your problem, you cant get all cores stable at a high fsb, right?

there shouldnt be any safety features... lots of people run 2v without issues for benching on ln2.
what psu are you using?

Saaya, would appreciate qualification on the above, don’t want to prove you wrong at my expense.

Yes I am aware of that issue, so again clarification as to acceptable voltage setting.

Yes, I am aware of increased are required, some numbers please that will give results.

Not shure on this, just want to run the cpu at 5200mhz on dice with this board as I can on other motherboards I have, so I can bench a pair of 3870’s I have awaiting benching, because Blackops has pci-e 16 lanes for both cards, where as the Mars is restricted to 1 @ 16 and 1 @ 4. again this setup of 5200Mhz on the Mars is easy, any time.

Will test out later, will borrow a Qx9650 and try for you.

Yes, I have seen the results, I also want to do it.

what psu are you using?

Corsair 1000Hx

Fans run only, should have got the code, my mistake sorry

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Are you setting the vdroop compensation to on (enabled) in the BIOS? I left that at disabled...

It is set to:

Enabled, when on phase or Dice

rdrash
07-04-2008, 09:59 PM
It is set to:

Enabled, when on phase or Dice

Can you try with it diasabled the next time you go cold and up the volts? I am certain I left the vdroop compensation disabled...droop isn't such a bad thing as many people would lead you to believe (I know there people in both schools of thought and I don't want to start an argument)....you can mentally compensate for the droop and add a touch more voltage.

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Here is a pic of what i achieved on water cooling, when learning the board, before going cold.

I was well pleased, and thought the results would come with adding vcore upping the mult, slight drop in fsb and going cooold:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/blindfitter/Qx96502006.jpg

rdrash
07-04-2008, 10:16 PM
That looks pretty good.

Can you post up all of your BIOS settings?

I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can suggest you try differently...could just be one little setting that is holding you back?

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Can you try with it diasabled the next time you go cold and up the volts? I am certain I left the vdroop compensation disabled...droop isn't such a bad thing as many people would lead you to believe (I know there people in both schools of thought and I don't want to start an argument)....you can mentally compensate for the droop and add a touch more voltage.

Will do my friend,

Looks like I'll be puting it back on the bench for testing later today, will do as you suggested, will also push the vcore higher to see if where it wont boot, then try a bit more to see if theirs a hole! or something.

Will also note the lcd no. for Saaya.

Still not happy with pushing 1.65volts thorough the vtt, your the only on rdrash I've seen that high.

Hopefully be back later today with results,

blindfitter
07-04-2008, 10:27 PM
That looks pretty good.

Can you post up all of your BIOS settings?

I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can suggest you try differently...could just be one little setting that is holding you back?

they were cptPlanets settings, at the start of thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187199

GTFouts
07-05-2008, 02:47 AM
I personally dont know what all the worry is about this 1.3v max on a QX is. I think thats a pile of BUNK! I've been running my QX9650 at 1.45+ for months and it still cooks right along. I have no scientific proof of course, just practicle exp......shrug

Here are my settings which should be kinda close for you.

Quantum BIOS Version G28

Overclock Phase Select - Manual O.C.
CPU Clock Ratio - 9x
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5 - Disabled
Target CPU Core Speed - 4053 MHz
CPU Clock (FSB) - 450 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - 1:4 CPU333
System Memory Speed - 1800 MHz
CPU Clock Skew Control - 0 ps
CPU Clock Amplitude CTRL - 800mV
PCI Express Clock - 100MHz
PCI Clock - 33.6 MHz
Spread Spectrum - Disabled
Overclock Recovery - Enabled

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Multiplier - x1.000
CPU Voltage Setting - 1.4750
CPU Vdroop Compensation - Enabled
CPU PLL Voltage Setting - 1.584304
CPU VTT Voltage Setting - 1.350
CPU GTL Ref. 0 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 1 Voltage - +5
CPU GTL Ref. 2 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 3 Voltage - +10
NB Voltage Setting - 1.673
NB GTL Ref. Voltage - +3
SB Voltage Setting - 1.538
DRAM Voltage Setting - 2.044
DRAM Pull-up Voltage - +3
DRAM Pull-down Voltage - +3
DRAM Ref. Voltage - +3

Memory Timing Config

ECC Scrubbing - Disabled
DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
RAS# Precharge - 7
Precharge Delay - 20
Row Refresh Cycle - Auto
Performance Level - 6
Write to Precharge - Auto
Write to Read Delay - Auto
Act to Act Delay - Auto
Read to Precharge - Auto
All Precharge to Refresh - Auto
Refresh Period Ratio - x1
Refresh Period - Auto
Command Per Clock - 1T
R2RD Same Rank - Auto
R2RD Different Rank - Auto
W2RD Same Rank - Auto
W2RD Different Rank - Auto
FSB Gain 1 - Auto
FSB Gain 2 - Auto
FSB Gain 3 - Auto
FSB Gain 4 - Auto
Blue DIMM Clock DLL Adjust - Auto
White DIMM Clock DLL Adjust - Auto
Blue DIMM Ctrl DLL Adjust - Auto
White DIMM Ctrl DLL Adjust - Auto
DRAM Command DLL Adjust - Auto

sashin
07-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Guys,

Ditto....but for Cellshock 1866 memory kits...

rdrash
07-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Will do my friend,

Looks like I'll be puting it back on the bench for testing later today, will do as you suggested, will also push the vcore higher to see if where it wont boot, then try a bit more to see if theirs a hole! or something.

Will also note the lcd no. for Saaya.

Still not happy with pushing 1.65volts thorough the vtt, your the only on rdrash I've seen that high.

Hopefully be back later today with results,

Looks like GTFouts's settings should be a good starting point for you as well.....stick with it man, The Black Ops is really a great board. I've had an ASUS P5E3 Premium and the Giga-byte GA-X48T-DQ6...I like the Black Ops the best of the three x48s I've played with so far.

Team Japan is where I got the info on which settings to start with...in particular I liked what NewBeetle-san did here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2789740&postcount=76

so I just tweaked his settings a little to fit my circumstances...worked like a charm. Used very smilar settings on my first BO baord before I blew up the board (condensation..my fault) I did this with that board:

saaya
07-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Saaya, would appreciate qualification on the above, don’t want to prove you wrong at my expense.there are dozens to hundreds of people running more than 1.3v vtt and nobody i know has killed a cpu with high vtt for sure. maybe one or two guys with insane vtt... but 1.4v and 1.5v should be fine... i cant prove this tho... so sure, if you dont wanna risk anything and stay low, stay low...

Yes I am aware of that issue, so again clarification as to acceptable voltage setting.i wouldnt call it an issue, but ok... :D

Yes, I am aware of increased are required, some numbers please that will give results.dont get what you mean...sorry

Fans run only, should have got the code, my mistake sorry
no problem :)

I personally dont know what all the worry is about this 1.3v max on a QX is. I think thats a pile of BUNK! I've been running my QX9650 at 1.45+ for months and it still cooks right along. I have no scientific proof of course, just practicle exp......shrug

well... if your cpu can run it that doesnt mean all can... but yeah... i have only heard of one cpu that died... and it was an ES cpu...and it was supposedly vtt, but how can you know for sure? and even if vtt killed it, it was ES so it doesnt necessarily apply to retail chips... and even then, some batches might be more sensitive and some less, like some 45nm batches were really sensitive to vcore even if you kept them cool, while the new batches can run high vcore even when they get hot, and still they dont die or degrade...

and all the other cpus that supposedly died from vtt... i heard of it but thats not from ocers but some system builder wasnt it? so on one system config several cpus died... again, even if you could be sure it was vtt, it could be a board issue or psu issue or cpu batch issue or whatnot... the fact that barely any ocer has reported a dead cpu after using high vtt is proof enough for me to think YES you can probabaly kill a cpu with high vtt, but 1.4v and 1.5v should be fine, and for benching maybe even more...

then again, if you want to be really sure, i guess its best to keep vtt low, but 1.4v should be safe even for 24/7 with any cpu

thanks a lot for posting your settings btw! :toast:

sashin
07-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Doesn't anybody on this forum use the Blue Cellshock kits with a quadcore..............everybody here uses Corsair Dominators !!! I went out and purchased these so called great modules..........but cannot get it to run at anything above 400 fsb and multi 10...have tried to leave everything on auto on the memory side ............ system will not boot. I have tried to use Cpt planet settings but no go also...system will not boot. I note that GTFouts settings above but he also uses Corsair modules. C'mon there must be some one in this forum using Cellshock and quadcore and getting above 400 fsb on this mobo... Anyone??

rdrash
07-05-2008, 04:17 PM
sashin,

my set of 1866 Blues are on their way....I had to order them from a site in Ireland and I am in South Korea...may be awhile before they arrive.

So I'll be able to let you know if I can get similar results with the CellShock.

here is a guy with the 1800's and he's doing really well: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193778

can you post up all your BIOS settings maybe we can help you get your memory to where you want? Generally the X48 chipsets take some time and effort to get "dialed in".

sashin
07-06-2008, 03:06 AM
sashin,

my set of 1866 Blues are on their way....I had to order them from a site in Ireland and I am in South Korea...may be awhile before they arrive.

So I'll be able to let you know if I can get similar results with the CellShock.

here is a guy with the 1800's and he's doing really well: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=193778

can you post up all your BIOS settings maybe we can help you get your memory to where you want? Generally the X48 chipsets take some time and effort to get "dialed in".

OK will do that later this afternoon/evening

rdrash
07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
OK will do that later this afternoon/evening

Yes please do... we may be able to assist you if you help us help you

...Blindfitter is now up and runnin and gunnin for Hwbot points :up:

blindfitter
07-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I am extremely please to report I have now got the BlackOps running as I always thought it should. I had always believed in this board, although my enthusiasm did wane through the process, I now have new vigour to the next level in overclocking this challenging motherboard

What was my problem: Vtt, I say again, Vtt

I stacked up a bucketful of hours sorting this, and in the end it was this little gem, vtt

Once I adjusted the vtt = 1.500 I was stable in the 450fsb range.
I then quickly ran some 3D benches using 3870’s in crossfire, and was pleasantly rewarded.
Here’s a 2006 shot.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/blindfitter/2006-26056a.jpg

Now to tweak the system:

I would like to thank everyone here and the many PM’s I received helping me sort this, I know I probably rattled a few cages, but you came through: I could not have done it without your help

Thanks to all,

I still think there is room for discussion on the voltages of this board, but perhaps someone will take that up in a new thread.

My settings used:
Quantum BIOS Version G28

CPU Clock Ratio - 10x
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5 - Enabled
Target CPU Core Speed - 4620 MHz
CPU Clock (FSB) - 440 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - 1:4 CPU333
System Memory Speed - 1760 MHz
CPU Clock Skew Control - 200 ps
PCI Express Clock - 101MHz
PCI Clock - 33.6 MHz
Overclock Recovery - Disabled

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Multiplier - x1.075
CPU Voltage Setting – 1.512
CPU PLL Voltage Setting - 1.546582
CPU VTT Voltage Setting - 1.575
CPU GTL Ref. 0 Voltage -
CPU GTL Ref. 1 Voltage -
CPU GTL Ref. 2 Voltage -
CPU GTL Ref. 3 Voltage -
NB Voltage Setting - 1.718
NB GTL Ref. Voltage -
SB Voltage Setting - 1.688
DRAM Voltage Setting – 1.933
DRAM Pull-up Voltage -
DRAM Pull-down Voltage -
DRAM Ref. Voltage -

Memory Timing Config

ECC Scrubbing - Disabled
CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 6
RAS# Precharge - 5
Precharge Delay - 18
Row Refresh Cycle - 48
Performance Level - 6
Write to Precharge - 16
Write to Read Delay - 17
Act to Act Delay - 5
Read to Precharge - 5
Refresh Period - Auto
Command Per Clock - 1T
R2RD Same Rank - Auto
W2RD Same Rank - Auto
FSB Gain 1 - Auto
FSB Gain 2 - Auto
FSB Gain 3 - Auto
FSB Gain 4 - Auto

Please advise on any adjustments I should make, to improve this board.

T_M
07-07-2008, 12:54 AM
Yeah of course, chicken little has been spreading this VTT rumour.
Im happily running 1.63-1.65 VTT through both QX9770 and E8400 on air (different board though)

saaya
07-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Doesn't anybody on this forum use the Blue Cellshock kits with a quadcore..............everybody here uses Corsair Dominators !!! I went out and purchased these so called great modules..........but cannot get it to run at anything above 400 fsb and multi 10...have tried to leave everything on auto on the memory side ............ system will not boot. I have tried to use Cpt planet settings but no go also...system will not boot. I note that GTFouts settings above but he also uses Corsair modules. C'mon there must be some one in this forum using Cellshock and quadcore and getting above 400 fsb on this mobo... Anyone??there is ZERO difference in running memory with a quad or with a dualcore cpu... zero :D
the only difference is that you have a much harder time to reach high fsb speds with a quad compared to a dualcore, and youll never reach the same fsb with a quad as with a dualcore.
to check if your problem is cpu or fsb related, use the 6x cpu multiplier and check how high you can get the fsb with the 1:2 memory divider
if you cant get a high fsb, then your cpu limited and need to work on that before you can reach high memory clocks. the most important thing is vcore, then vtt, then comes pll voltage, nb voltage and cpu gtl settings.

congrats on your results blindfitter!!! :toast:

rdrash, you ordered from memoryc?
they ship prety fast :D
should be with you within a week, the express option works blazing fast, some people in the US baught in the morning (UK time) and received the memory the next day :D

sashin
07-08-2008, 04:42 AM
there is ZERO difference in running memory with a quad or with a dualcore cpu... zero :D
the only difference is that you have a much harder time to reach high fsb speds with a quad compared to a dualcore, and youll never reach the same fsb with a quad as with a dualcore.
to check if your problem is cpu or fsb related, use the 6x cpu multiplier and check how high you can get the fsb with the 1:2 memory divider
if you cant get a high fsb, then your cpu limited and need to work on that before you can reach high memory clocks. the most important thing is vcore, then vtt, then comes pll voltage, nb voltage and cpu gtl settings.

saaya ....i have been using the G28 BIOS now for about 1 week and i can get 411 x 9.5 stable for some benchmark. I am trying to get to 411 x 10 on water cooling...i will post up my settings when i am at home tomorrow! Also some mention of upping vtt voltages. With these Cellshock i have noticed that at 411 fsb i need NO more than 1.78 volts in the BIOS !!
Will keep you updated.. Thanks for the feedback.

rdrash
07-08-2008, 05:18 AM
should be with you within a week, the express option works blazing fast, some people in the US baught in the morning (UK time) and received the memory the next day :D

:yepp: ordered from memoryC...I sure hope they get here fast, my regular forum is putting together a mini competition this coming weekend and I need all the extra help I can get...sorta put my foot into my mouth and called out some of our big guys tellin them I was going to take their rank spot in the standings...lol, it will be fun regardless :p:

I should be pushing this Black Ops into new territory for me, I need to get it to 448x13 so I can get a sub 8 run in superpi 1m (~7.98 maybe), which I am almost confident I can do as long as the oc gods cooperate and I have a good day...like I said it is going to be a major blast...I'm excited.

saaya
07-08-2008, 07:36 AM
saaya ....i have been using the G28 BIOS now for about 1 week and i can get 411 x 9.5 stable for some benchmark. I am trying to get to 411 x 10 on water cooling...i will post up my settings when i am at home tomorrow! Also some mention of upping vtt voltages. With these Cellshock i have noticed that at 411 fsb i need NO more than 1.78 volts in the BIOS !!
Will keep you updated.. Thanks for the feedback.
Nice! :toast:
could you post your detailled settings please?
might help some people here :)

:yepp: ordered from memoryC...I sure hope they get here fast, my regular forum is putting together a mini competition this coming weekend and I need all the extra help I can get...sorta put my foot into my mouth and called out some of our big guys tellin them I was going to take their rank spot in the standings...lol, it will be fun regardless :p:so far i havent heard a single complaint about memoryc, some people moaned that express shipping was expensive but were very happy once they got their hardware the next day or day after :D

I should be pushing this Black Ops into new territory for me, I need to get it to 448x13 so I can get a sub 8 run in superpi 1m (~7.98 maybe), which I am almost confident I can do as long as the oc gods cooperate and I have a good day...like I said it is going to be a major blast...I'm excited.hook up with the italian guys who reached 600+ fsb on the blackops :D maybe they can give you some tips :)

ether.real
08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to throw in my 2c here. I found that running my 2x2GB Reapers is a lot easier in the white slots than in the blue slots. Right now I am passing memtest DDR3-1800, 8-8-8-27, 1.91V on the RAM, 1.4V on the NB. Neither stick would pass at any setting or any voltage at 1800 in the blue slots.

I also want to add that running 450 with my Q6600 so far has been super easy. Very little tweaking or voltage bumps have been necessary so far, other than the RAM. Of course, I am only doing 8x450 at the moment.

MARCO74
08-06-2008, 03:16 AM
nice run and great setting

Nosfer@tu
08-06-2008, 03:20 AM

yes memoryC ROCKS :D

he is Danish accualy :D

XmikeX
04-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Akrian.. not sure if you got this before oblivion hit and we lost all these nice 2009AD posts here, but here it is again :

my old 444FSB BIOS Settings for ambient temps in the 29C (84F or so) ..range...tested with OCCT and friends .. it's not perfect but might help you.

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~xmx/444blackops-bios.JPG

i can lower the cpu/nb/mem volts on this (a little) with lower ambient.. but VTT has to stay the same (on this example).

and these settings produced this.. (please notice the non-standard CPUMark99 of yesteryear..:D )

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~xmx/444blackops-benches.JPG

XmX

CPUMark99 (Celeron 366->550) - ~42
CPUMark99 (Pentium MMX 300) - ~15

Akrian
04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Thx XmikeX, I've managed to look at those before the blackout =).

Akrian
04-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Ok I've managed to stay 8h+ in OCCT v3.01 Lagre Data Set test mode at 442 FSB :yepp:

Akrian
04-24-2009, 12:12 PM
ok I'm stuck at 444 FSB. My PC freeze itself in OCCT at 445 from cold boot. At 444 - I get error on core 0 after 20min. any ideas ?

SNiiPE_DoGG
04-24-2009, 12:15 PM
you guys are fighting a losing battle.... with quad cores on x38/x48 board the problem is not any setting or tweak its that 95% of x38/x48 chipsets (regardless of mobo brand) cant break 450-470 FSB with a quad.... and the ones that can are very very rare (only one i have seen in recent memory)

Akrian
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
still....444 fsb.....no error....please.....neeed....help =)

XmikeX
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
you guys are fighting a losing battle.... with quad cores on x38/x48 board the problem is not any setting or tweak its that 95% of x38/x48 chipsets (regardless of mobo brand) cant break 450-470 FSB with a quad.... and the ones that can are very very rare (only one i have seen in recent memory)

...and thanks to XS and others, this "x38/x48 (quad) sucks vs. p45 (quad) rules" situation is well known since months ago..

Fortunately, 450 is not my goal. prime95/occt stable with a Q9650 @ 444 or 445 FSB (aka ~4 GHz) at _lowest_ heat/volts and _lowest_ amount of _air_ cooling/noise possible........ is my goal :)

Whew..

XmX

XmikeX
04-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Here, from another post of mine..
--
333 strap is what's working for me right now. Not much luck on the 1:3.2 so far. Also, as I work out this newer cooler GTL config, I think I've noticed significant improvements in stability by raising SB volts a little. I could be hallucinating on that but a quick scan of XS reveals an interesting post about SB and PLL's .. post #38 as seen on this thread..

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=179757&page=2
--

Any comments on SB volts and stability with BO or other mobos?

XmX

Kensek
04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I use to run my Q9650 on a Rampage Extreme up to 510x9 on Water.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7229/24051t3gm3.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7874/27299ef9.jpg

XmikeX
04-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Very nice, Kensek.

Meanwhile, I found my old kill-a-watt and scored some data.

(work in progress) new settings @ 444fsb -- q9650 -rig measured with a P3 Kill-A-Watt device.
speedstep/idle ~150 watts
prime95.. in-place large fft.. one thread.. ~210 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. two threads .. ~250 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. three threads .. ~275 w
prime95.. in-place large fft... four threads .. ~290 w

somewhat nasty, but old settings were worse..

(flawed(?)) old settings @ 445fsb
speedstep/idle ~158 watts
prime95.. in-place large fft.. one thread.. ~220 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. two threads .. ~262 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. three threads .. ~290 w
prime95.. in-place large fft... four threads .. ~308 w

(9 x 333) stock speeds/volts for comparison
speedstep/idle ~125 watts
prime95.. in-place large fft.. one thread.. ~168 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. two threads .. ~192 w
prime95.. in-place large fft.. three threads .. ~204 w
prime95.. in-place large fft... four threads .. ~216 w

XmX

Akrian
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Need one question to be anwsered : since my 4870x2 currentely is donw ( heat issues , and I almost screw the VGA cooler trying to fix it .... hope sapphire will arpptove my RMA with one screw stuck..... ( nothing THAT major though).
So here I'm now sitting with pair of my two old 4850 with reference coolers and my NB temps went HIGH - > got 60*C toady while playing games 0_o. Is 60c fine ? ( I'm going to RMA my 4870x2 during this week ... )

Xello
04-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Have barely read any of this thread, i'm just saying for the record i easily (maybe not too easily) hit 450fsb with my QX9650 on the Blackops rig i had last year, dig around this section for the shared bios settings thread and you should see it :up:

XmikeX
04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Good stuff, Xello.

Meanwhile, I'm a bit annoyed after discovering an instability (and this only became evident with prime95 + streamed flash stuff + wmv videos going simultaneously) which forced me to moderately raise NB volts (damn it), lower CPU PLL (of all things), and bump Vcore a little (sigh).. :|

Oh well, I hope I'm 99.999% "stable" at 445 FSB again :D

Oh yeah.. I've taken semi-stable/unstable trips into 450-465 FSB-land..and I'm convinced it's a no-go for me without getting serious about it (re : water-cooling at least).

XmX

EDIT: Bloody amazing! Beyond what I had already done .. I had to go back to my old wattage-draining +12 +6 +12 +12 (nb +6) GTL settings to gain stability beyond 30mins of prime95+vids. Guess this means I can kiss off this watt-savings project goodbye.. =) ..

Sigh.. without the simultaneous vid action, the box can go prime95 (any mode or custom memory-heavy setting) hours on end at +8 +5 +8 +8 (nb +5) .. Oh well, the mystery continues.. :)

Xello
04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
If you notice on that thread i too spent many weeks tweaking GTL, starting at +10 +5 +10 +10, going all the way to negatives and as high as +25's, and in the end i ended up back at +10 +5 +10 +10, it was the NB GTL that ended up needing tweaked as i raised FSB, requiring +3 for 421 and 435fsb and +5 for 450fsb.

I think most of my work was actually recorded in the overclocking thread, god knows where that is now though :D

XmikeX
04-30-2009, 09:34 PM
If you notice on that thread i too spent many weeks tweaking GTL, starting at +10 +5 +10 +10, going all the way to negatives and as high as +25's, and in the end i ended up back at +10 +5 +10 +10, it was the NB GTL that ended up needing tweaked as i raised FSB, requiring +3 for 421 and 435fsb and +5 for 450fsb.

I think most of my work was actually recorded in the overclocking thread, god knows where that is now though :D

Sure thing. Unfortunately, these pesky idiosyncrasies that need to be worked out, per mobo and per cpu and memory and psu and temperatures.. ugh.. whatever else comes along, make each adventure unique. :)

This quad vs. blackops action feels like building a house of cards, or building a ship in a bottle, or crafting an ancient D&D spell.. one symbol off and yer soul is hijacked off to the nine hells :)

The GTL train is a hell of a ride. I might be hallucinating but, so far, I think I'm treading islands of stability (at any VTT or NB volts..) with the GTL groups at +8 +5 +8 +8 (nb +5) or +12 +6 +12 +12 (nb +6) . The famous +10 +5 +10 +10 (nb +5 or +2..3..4..) everyone recommends just isn't cutting it for me. :shrug:

Ok, so in light of that, I decided to continue to work on the +8 +5 group again..and rethought some of the other settings.

Perhaps I hit some happy resonance somewhere because it appears i'm ""stable"" :shrug: at 445-446 fsb again.

Just to see if I was on the right track, I kept these new 445/446 settings and moved up the chain, as follows :

heading off well into windows xp .. and beyond ..
at 447.. apparently stable
at 448.. apparently stable with cpu skew at 100 ps ..k.. that's never happened before. Normally, I dial-in 0 ps here.
at 449-52.. still good.. skew at 100 ps (PL 7 at 450? that's a first for me at NB of 1.531.. i've had it up to 1.6xxx and never achived PL7 here before)
at 453.. still good.. skew at 100 ps .. PL still at 7 ..
at 454 and up.. I decided to not press my luck, so I relaxed for the rest of the day :)

No sense in -really- testing 447 and higher now, as my cooling solutions are somewhat stinky (hence my current preference for a mere 4 GHz out of this project), but here's a screencap at 453 in case anyone is curious. This has been edited for clarity (and to fix some CPU-Z/AEGIS discrepancies with (G33) BIOS values).

http://starbase.globalpc.net/~xmx/Blackops_Q9650_453fsb_PL7.jpg

I really like this PL7 action at this FSB and with NB @ 1.531 (per G33 bios). This will have to be explored in detail at some other time. Memory tidbits still need more work, of course. That crazy tREF there is just a momentary peen thing to push everest into 10800+ and 10000+ on read and copy :).

XmX

Akrian
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
well my 442 FSB freezes at random 0_o. 8h of OCCT 3.01 - stable , bfore that - 6h - also stable. LOTRO - froze within 1 h , ok changed volatges - LOTRO .... froze within one hour .... ok changed Vid. card OC - LOTRO - 5h stable. Toady - playing Wolvie ( X-men Origins- Wolverine , a bloody nice game BTW) - froze within 1 h 0_o and I've checked temps on vid. cards just 5 min. before it froze with this annyong looping sound.

XmikeX
05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Akrian,

Your PSU is rock-solid and super-capable ? :shrug:

XmX

Akrian
05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
well I have 2: one from Corsair - TX850W , other from OCZ - 800W. I can try the OCZ one , but I doubt that it will help, since this one works fine actually:shrug:. Anyway if that will happen again ( I mean a hard freeze) when I'm gonna play like mad from cold boot tomorrow - I will try to go back to my stable 440fsb settings ( tested OCCT and 10+ times in Vanguard saga of heroes , with 4870x2 though,not 2x4850 ( I have them now , while my 4870x2 goes to sapphire RMA :shakes:). If it will still go random on freezing stuff - I'll try different cables on vid. cards , if that won't help - my second PSU. I mean I did pass 8h of OCCT so it shouldn't be one of "those" freezes that I had before...

Akrian
05-04-2009, 04:59 PM
ok , changed video cards OC - no more freezes . Got 2 bsod though - one forced me to use stock settings on vid. card -> so far so good
other : irql not less or equal bsod - it's a software error I beleave, right ?

Xello
05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
other : irql not less or equal bsod - it's a software error I beleave, right ?

Check http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?referrerid=20037&t=222706

Akrian
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm back, finally. Well I've been playing with my pc again , and finally ( thank god) figured out WHY it was causing freezes hours after gaming, the answer is NB , more specifically NB hight temps , now during summer under OCCT it goes up to 56 - which is already not good. Today i got a freeze after playing an hour of Riddick and after reboot my NB was at 53 so it was around 58-60 while I was playing -> which just as it was last time when I was testing 2 4850 caused freeze.

XmikeX
06-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Bumping up this ancient thread because some people are too lazy to find it. :rolleyes:

XmX

quake6
06-22-2009, 06:16 PM
I have posted this once but like you said some people are too lazy to find it

This is c/p of my previous post

Here are my experience with Foxconn Black Ops. I bought it about six month ago and had pretty much OC session. I cant guaranteed these settings will work for you, but it works for me…
At first, I had some problems with 2x1gb Corsair 1600MHz DHX v3.1. What ever settings I tried, couldn’t get it stable or even bench it on 2000MHz. Just a few MHz lower it was all good. Then I bought 6x1gb Crucial Ballistix (4gb Crucial 1600MHz were with GTR and 2gb were Crucial 1800MHz with GTS). Other problem was with 2x1gb Kingmax 1333MHz (micron JNM). Didn’t work in dual channel and that wasn’t memory related problem… That was all my problems I had with this board…

I couldn’t get LN2 to my house, so all this was on air. Here are few shots and then results
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300901_1.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300901_1.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300902_2.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300902_2.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300903_3.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300903_3.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300904_4.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300904_4.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300905_5.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300905_5.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300923_6.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300923_6.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300924_7.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300924_7.jpg)

A few pic for cooling. Also you have to look at this LINK ( http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213753) and THIS ( http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=195880)
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300925_8.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300925_8.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300926_9.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300926_9.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300928_10.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300928_10.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300975_11.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300975_11.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300976_12.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300976_12.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300977_13.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300977_13.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300978_14.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300978_14.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300979_15.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300979_15.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300980_16.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300980_16.jpg)

I had some incompatibility with TR 120Ex and Corsair DHX series memory. Here are pictures
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300981_17.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300981_17.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300982_18.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300982_18.jpg)

Setup ready for subzero testing
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300984_20.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300984_20.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301075_21.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301075_21.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301076_22.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301076_22.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301077_23.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301077_23.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301078_24.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301078_24.jpg)

Everything was ready, but there was no dice/LN2… I live in Pozega and there is almost impossible to get something of that… I have find somebody who can deliver me dry ice or LN2, but too late cause I had to sell this setup…
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301079_25.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301079_25.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301080_26.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301080_26.jpg)

http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301081_27.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301081_27.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301082_28.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301082_28.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301083_29.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301083_29.jpg)
I was so curious that I tried to take off HS from Corsair… It is well known that they are using some kind of extra strong adhesive, but my curiosity was so big that I had to do it… Also I had some problems with >2000MHz clocks that I was thinking that this isn’t micron chips…

After that experience I bought 6x1gb Crucial Ballistix (4x1gb GTR and 2x1gb GTS) for benching… Very nice experience with it, with auto settings and 2.2v I achieved 2080MHz for super pi… With further tweaking 2100MHz is more than possible.
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t301084_30.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/301084_30.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t300983_19.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/300983_19.jpg)

Here are some of my results and settings

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0

@491MHz FSB
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261446_491.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261446_491.JPG)

@450MHz STABLE
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261447_450.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261447_450.JPG)

@460MHz STABLE
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261448_460.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261448_460.JPG)

@SETTINGS
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306098_quad.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306098_quad.jpg)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600

@591MHz
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t289030_FSB591MHz.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/289030_FSB591MHz.jpg)

@550MHz STABLE
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261450_550.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261450_550.JPG)

@SETTINGS
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306097_e8600.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306097_e8600.jpg)

@SUPER PI 1M AIR & SETTINGS
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261453_9.140.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261453_9.140.jpg) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306092_1m.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306092_1m.jpg)

@SUB 3GHz 1M
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306165_sub3ghz.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306165_sub3ghz.JPG)

@SUB 4GHz 1M
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261452_sub4ghz.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261452_sub4ghz.JPG)

@SETTINGS
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306099_sub.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306099_sub.jpg)

@SUB 4GHz 32M
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261451_sub4ghz32m.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261451_sub4ghz32m.JPG)

4x1GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz (Micron GTR chips)

@1600MHz
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261442_4gb1600mhz.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261442_4gb1600mhz.JPG)

@1700MHz
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261443_4gb1700mhz.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261443_4gb1700mhz.JPG)

@1800MHz
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t261444_4gb1800mhz.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/261444_4gb1800mhz.JPG)

@SETTINGS
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306095_4gb.jpg (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306095_4gb.jpg)

And here are some of my results with Galaxy 7300GT also on aircooling

@3D Mark 01 - 54015 > 3D Mark 03 - 17783 > 3D Mark 05 - 7401 > Aqua Mark3 - 123740
http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306181_01.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306181_01.JPG) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306182_03.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306182_03.JPG) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306183_05.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306183_05.JPG) http://www.imagesforme.com/out.php/t306184_aqua.JPG (http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/306184_aqua.JPG)

I had very good experience with Black Ops, so I have decided to share some of my settings and results with you…I hope I post it in right section and you’ll enjoy reading this

Freaks
07-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi All,

After quite a wait to get my login to this forum I can finally post my findings!

I have had my Blackops for about 2 months now and have fine tuned it to bring me some real good perfomance. My highest over clock is 3.8 rock stable using a Q9550, 24/7 use i am at 3.6.

My Config is as follows

Foxconn Blackops G33 Bios
Intel Q9550
8GB OCZ DDR3 1333 Platinum
Ati Radeon 4870 1GB
Asus Xonar D2
2 x 160gig Sata Drives RAID 0
2 x 250gig Sata Drives RAID 0 (All backed up to a WHS)
OCUK Custom Water Cooling / Tripple Radiator / XSPC delta 3 CPU Block

So here are my bios settings for 3.8

Q9550 @ 3.8 GHz

Bios Version G33

CPU Clock Ratio - 8x
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5 - enabled
Target CPU Core Speed - 3830 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - 1:2.655
System Memory Speed - 1200 MHz
CPU Clock Skew Control - 100 ps
PCI Clock - 33.6 MHz

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Setting - 1.36
CPU PLL Voltage Setting - 1.542
CPU VTT Voltage Setting - 1.350
CPU GTL Ref. 0 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 1 Voltage - +5
CPU GTL Ref. 2 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 3 Voltage - +10
NB GTL Ref. Voltage - 0
SB Voltage Setting - 1.5
DRAM Voltage Setting - 1.69
DRAM Pull-up Voltage - 0
DRAM Pull-down Voltage - 0
DRAM Ref. Voltage - 0

Memory Timing Config

ECC Scrubbing - Disabled
CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
RAS# Precharge - 7
Precharge Delay - 20
Row Refresh Cycle - Auto
Performance Level - 6
Act to Act Delay - Auto
Read to Precharge - Auto
Refresh Period - Auto
Command Per Clock - 1T
R2RD Same Rank - Auto
W2RD Same Rank - Auto
FSB Gain 1 - Auto
FSB Gain 2 - Auto
FSB Gain 3 - Auto
FSB Gain 4 - Auto

Settings for 3.6

G33 Bios again

CPU Clock Ratio - 8x
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5 - Disabled
Target CPU Core Speed - 3624 MHz
CPU Clock (FSB) - 424 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - Auto
System Memory Speed - 1359 MHz
CPU Clock Skew Control - 100 ps
PCI Clock - 33.6 MHz

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Setting - 1.32
CPU PLL Voltage Setting - 1.542
CPU VTT Voltage Setting - 1.275
CPU GTL Ref. 0 Voltage - 0
CPU GTL Ref. 1 Voltage - 0
CPU GTL Ref. 2 Voltage - 0
CPU GTL Ref. 3 Voltage -0
NB Voltage Setting - 1.39
NB GTL Ref. Voltage - 0
SB Voltage Setting - 1.5
DRAM Voltage Setting - 1.62
DRAM Pull-up Voltage - 0
DRAM Pull-down Voltage - +0
DRAM Ref. Voltage - +0

Memory Timing Config

ECC Scrubbing - Disabled
CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
RAS# Precharge - 7
Precharge Delay - 16
Row Refresh Cycle - Auto
Performance Level - 6
Act to Act Delay - Auto
Read to Precharge - Auto
Refresh Period - Auto
Command Per Clock - 1T
R2RD Same Rank - Auto
W2RD Same Rank - Auto
FSB Gain 1 - Auto
FSB Gain 2 - Auto
FSB Gain 3 - Auto
FSB Gain 4 - Auto

So There you have it, all in all a great board yes there are a couple of things in the bios that seem to need a tweak, but I for one am please with what this board can do. I have tried for 4.0ghz but I bottled putting to much VC through the CPU so that will have to wait.

Great forum by the way , it has helped me no end to get me to where I am. :up:

XmikeX
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
My highest over clock is 3.8 rock stable using a Q9550, 24/7 use i am at 3.6.

My Config is as follows

Foxconn Blackops G33 Bios
Intel Q9550
8GB OCZ DDR3 1333 Platinum
Ati Radeon 4870 1GB
Asus Xonar D2
2 x 160gig Sata Drives RAID 0
2 x 250gig Sata Drives RAID 0 (All backed up to a WHS)
OCUK Custom Water Cooling / Tripple Radiator / XSPC delta 3 CPU Block

Q9550 @ 3.8 GHz

Bios Version G33

Target CPU Core Speed - 3830 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - 1:1:22
System Memory Speed - 1200 MHz

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Setting - 1.36
NB GTL Ref. Voltage - 0
SB Voltage Setting - 1.3
DRAM Voltage Setting - 1.69

CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
RAS# Precharge - 7
Precharge Delay - 20

Performance Level - 6

Great forum by the way , it has helped me no end to get me to where I am. :up:

I don't understand why you have SB so low, especially with RAID.
Also, do you really need NB so close to 1.7 ?
I would try +3.. +4 or +5 on NB GTL ref. with a lower NB voltage setting (1.5xxx).

..........and how about going for "1800" MHz with that memory?? :D

XmX

Freaks
07-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi XmX,

Thanks for your reply,

I have edited my post as some settings were displayed incorrectly (my bad) the SB is 1.5 i don't know where i got 1.3 from ? :rolleyes:

I did try to add some GTL to the NB but I found that with the combination of settings I had it was unstable. I would like to get that NB voltage down as then I can use 3.8 24/7.

I'll have another play :D

Cheers

Freaks

XmikeX
10-11-2009, 09:38 PM
necro bump

(i think someone mentioned hitting a wall at 450 fsb on this mobo, recently..as of this post's date)

XmX

quake6
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't think there is wall on 450, cause I hit 470 quad stable and 570 dual stable

bot@xs
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
sorry to wake this old thread up but i have a couple of questions
i got my hands on this board and a qx9650 fairly cheap now.
i can get the board up to 433 but have it currently running at 400 FSB
when i set the multi to anything over 9 it won't hold in the OS.
meaning i set it in BIOS to 10 for 4ghz but once i am in the OS it shows 3.6ghz with 9x400 in cpu-z and the aegis panel instead of 4ghz with 10x400. why is that? what am i missing?