PDA

View Full Version : aegis panel suggestions ;)

FatAlbert
07-04-2008, 03:35 AM
all right :D

What is my suggestion ?

- regulation of multi
- manual regulation of fans, specially cpu.
- it's hard to say but i try. It's about the increase the htt. Sometimes it's like that:

Mine settings AEGIS Panel settings :

for example:

220 220

225 223

230 : 230

245 : 243

250 : 247

it's very frustrating because I can't find max stable htt :(

from me this suggestions, what yours ?

saaya
07-04-2008, 09:03 AM
congrats on the first thread in the suggestion box section :toast: :D

1. should be doable
2. not sure, but might be possible
3. not sure what you mean...

you mean that 250 doesnt set 250, but 248 for example?
well the reason for that is that there arent 1mhz steps afaik, so if the option would be called like what setting really exists, the fsb list would look like this:

which looks odd and people might complain where the other settings are and why they dont show up...
but if you want i can check if the options can be renamed to show exactly what the speed should be

it might also be that depending on what memory divider you use or depending on how the pll locks the fsb varies slightly.
so when you set 430 once it might be 428, the next time 428, the next time 430, the next time 431
see what i mean?

ill check with the engineers and will get back to you :)

FatAlbert
07-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I understand saaya ;)

big thx.

but when my dfi infinity ultra m2 was in action I have used clockgen and he increase htt in 1mhz steps. svende (my team mate) and I were benching on abit kn9 and the 3600+ (brisbane) 1 mhz increase was ok too :D

but even without this 1mhz steps I can make some scores :D

saaya
07-04-2008, 07:19 PM
hmmmm
the pll supports fine adjustment steps of below 1mhz afaik, so once in windows you should be able to reach any fsb sped you want, even x.5mhz :D maybe we can implement fine adjustments like setfsb has... ill ask the engineer on monday :)

FatAlbert
07-04-2008, 11:45 PM
htt saaya ;)

saaya
07-05-2008, 01:34 AM
:PPPPP yes HTT :rolleyes: :D

HDCHOPPER
07-08-2008, 11:39 PM
great thread soooooo... eye would like to see the right panel (volt panel) reflect whats in the bios like say ...

cpu v
dram v
nb v
fsb v
vtt v
sb/pll v
+12 v read=
+5 v read=
+3.3 v read=

and in the center panel for the multi to be recongized correctly ;)

saaya
07-09-2008, 12:41 AM
ok, just told the api guy, should be possible, and yes, the panel should be fixed soon, we are working on a new improved panel that should work more reliable and need less reworking :)

FatAlbert
07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
nice to hear that saaya :D

saaya
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
heres feedback from the engineer regarding aegis panel readings on MARS:

cpu v should be OK
dram v should be OK
nb v should be OK
fsb v (=VTT)
vtt v not sure
sb/pll v unfortunately NO afaik
+12 v read= should be OK
+5 v read= should be OK
+3.3 v read= should be OK

he said he can probably start working on this next week :)

HDCHOPPER
07-09-2008, 11:44 PM
sounds great to me ! you guys rock !!

grungero
07-10-2008, 04:48 AM
heres feedback from the engineer regarding aegis panel readings on MARS:

cpu v should be OK
dram v should be OK
nb v should be OK
fsb v (=VTT)
vtt v not sure
sb/pll v unfortunately NO afaik
+12 v read= should be OK
+5 v read= should be OK
+3.3 v read= should be OK

he said he can probably start working on this next week :)

I'm getting excited about this! :D

Hmmmm, can i request a Quantum Force wallpaper?

FatAlbert
07-10-2008, 05:27 AM
grungero, register at the quantum force webstie ;)

there is a lot of stuff about mars, blackops, programs :D

IcEMoCHa
07-12-2008, 01:39 AM
how bout memory timing function setting like memset?.. can implement into aegis panel?... also profile settings... for example ... u underclock ur pc when u leave it on for file download or whatever... and overclocks it for gaming and stuff... it would be great if you can store those settings in aegis panel and swap between profiles whenever needed...

saaya
07-14-2008, 12:38 AM
how bout memory timing function setting like memset?.. can implement into aegis panel?... also profile settings... for example ... u underclock ur pc when u leave it on for file download or whatever... and overclocks it for gaming and stuff... it would be great if you can store those settings in aegis panel and swap between profiles whenever needed...

memset functionality, maybe... but i like memset and felix88 is doing a great job with it :D
i prefer supporting him than offering a competing tool for our boards :)

profile saving and apllying is possible with the p45 boards and later with the push of a single button :D
not sure if we can add that for mars and blackops :/

IcEMoCHa
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
memset functionality, maybe... but i like memset and felix88 is doing a great job with it :D
i prefer supporting him than offering a competing tool for our boards :)

profile saving and apllying is possible with the p45 boards and later with the push of a single button :D
not sure if we can add that for mars and blackops :/

profile saving and applying shud be possible since we can change the core clock on the fly... just save the settings and switch between them whenever needed...

saaya
07-21-2008, 01:42 AM
i know, thats what i thought as well but our application guy says its not that easy :confused:
maybe its a misunderstanding... the guys here dont speak english so well and my chinese is... not that great either :P
ill check again :)

saaya
07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
heres an updated version of aegis panel for MARS:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3157495

fatalbert, i asked the application engineer to work on the destroyer now :)
- regulation of multi should work
- manual regulation of fans, specially cpu. should work
- it's hard to say but i try. It's about the increase the htt.
cant be changed, the pll is inside nvidias chipset, and they only provide those fsb steps... :(
so we cant offer smaller steps...

FatAlbert
07-22-2008, 02:39 AM
(...)

fatalbert, i asked the application engineer to work on the destroyer now :)
- regulation of multi should work
- manual regulation of fans, specially cpu. should work
- it's hard to say but i try. It's about the increase the htt.
cant be changed, the pll is inside nvidias chipset, and they only provide those fsb steps... :(
so we cant offer smaller steps...

1. nice :D
2. nice :D
3. fine, I can live with it. no problem if this can't be work so ok ;) :D :up:

so when a version "destroyer friendly" will available ? :D

thx sayaa :)

saaya
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
to change the fanspeed you only need to click on the fan symbol, and you get a couple of options on how you want the fan speed to be regulated, so you tried this but it doesnt work on aegis panel with the destroyer? Did you try the latest version of aegis panel?

about cpu multiplier settings, our api guy says its a lot of work and he doesnt have all the informations from amd/nvidia to do it, so he would have to do a lot of trial and error work :/ Does Crystal CPUID (http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html) work? does overdrive work on the nvidia chipset? it might allow some cpu functions like multiplier adjustments?

FatAlbert
07-23-2008, 02:49 AM
to change the fanspeed you only need to click on the fan symbol, and you get a couple of options on how you want the fan speed to be regulated, so you tried this but it doesnt work on aegis panel with the destroyer? Did you try the latest version of aegis panel?

about cpu multiplier settings, our api guy says its a lot of work and he doesnt have all the informations from amd/nvidia to do it, so he would have to do a lot of trial and error work :/ Does Crystal CPUID (http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/index-e.html) work? does overdrive work on the nvidia chipset? it might allow some cpu functions like multiplier adjustments?

fan speed change doesn't work, I don't know how a should do to change speed, I tried a lot of times and speed was the same :( I'm using 1.0.2.31 version.

about cpu

oh, without this I can life too, but I want to have a lot of function in one program. crystal it's work but mutlies too, but I prefer other programs :D Aegis panel Roxxx :up:

amd overdrive doesn't work on nforce.

saaya
07-23-2008, 05:42 AM
well you click on the fan symbol, then you get a pop up with a drop down menu to select if you want this fan to spin at full speed, be controlled by cpu load, or by temperature etc. so what happens when you change those settings? the fanspeed is always the same? For all the fans?

Overdrive doesnt work on nvidia chipsets hmmm that sucks... at least the cpu features should be available, but i guess the chipset guys at amd and nvidia dont like each other :D

good to hear that crystalcpuid works!
and yes, we will try to implement more features into aegis panel, maybe it will become something like amd overdrive with mem timings and a stress test, but thats a long road to go on, we only have one single application engineer and hes working on several projects... :D

FatAlbert
07-23-2008, 01:53 PM
well you click on the fan symbol, then you get a pop up with a drop down menu to select if you want this fan to spin at full speed, be controlled by cpu load, or by temperature etc. so what happens when you change those settings? the fanspeed is always the same? For all the fans?(...)

always the same fans speed.

(...)
Overdrive doesnt work on nvidia chipsets hmmm that sucks... at least the cpu features should be available, but i guess the chipset guys at amd and nvidia dont like each other :D(...)

it's not our problem :)

we have got Aegis panel :D :cool:

(...)
good to hear that crystalcpuid works!
and yes, we will try to implement more features into aegis panel, maybe it will become something like amd overdrive with mem timings and a stress test, but thats a long road to go on, we only have one single application engineer and hes working on several projects... :D

ohh :eek:

if aegis panel will have that features it will be :eek::eek::eek::shocked::shocked: very very good application :D

saaya
07-25-2008, 06:50 PM
alwyas same fanspeed... hmmmmm could it be that its the same fanspeed cause the cpu is so hot that by temp regulation its running full speed, when you set it manually to max it will also be full speed?

FatAlbert
07-26-2008, 04:13 AM
cpu is a64 1620, one core and no full speed but 10x200. it's cold :)

cpu fans has got full speed always.

saaya
07-27-2008, 05:06 PM
can the fan be regulated at all?
i know from my time working at amd that some fans always run full speed :D

can you change the fanspeed from BIOS or if you plug it in another fan connector?

saaya
08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
any updates?

fyi, i posted the patch for aegis panel for mars i got from the API engineer:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3209534

can somebody confirm it works and aegis panel now reads additional voltages, cpu speed, multiplier and fsb correctly?