PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Issue with Mcmaster

Dangals
07-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I am in a bit of a pickle here....with the help of RealRedRaider I found this part 4860K657 from Mcmaster that will allow me to run a particular barb with the thermochill rads (basically a 3/8" reducer to 1/4") which was great until Mcmaster denied the order due to increasing issue with US customs, saying that they will only ship to long established overseas customers.....:shakes:

So my questions is - does anyone know where I might be able to get these in Australia - or perhaps another place like that Mcmaster that will ship internationally?

Martinm210
07-03-2008, 01:24 PM
I got my reducers here, really nice folks!

http://www.watercoolingshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=49_57&products_id=196

Dangals
07-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks Martin - they are even cheaper at about 4 pounds for a qty of 4 - hopefully the shipping won't be too bad.

setting up account now...:up:

Waterlogged
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
This will be the third time I'm asking this since I've joined this forum.....Petra, please carry these adapters so everyone can have access to them.

cablesguy
07-09-2008, 09:54 AM
why wont someone make 3/8 compression fittings, preferably 1/2 ID and 3/4' OD (Bitspower hint hint :D)

migueld
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I've looked into those McMaster fittings, but they don't seem have an o-ring, so you have to use sealing tape, which isn't too great... I thought bits-power had an adapter, don't they?

Zaskar
07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
I've looked into those McMaster fittings, but they don't seem have an o-ring, so you have to use sealing tape, which isn't too great... I thought bits-power had an adapter, don't they?

Look at the description and technical drawing closely, they don't have a standard oring, but they have a metal washer with an inset rubber seal around the inside of it. It serves the same purpose.

Its like having a recessed oring, without the fitting needing to have a recessed track for the oring.