PDA

View Full Version : Plz post your water system routing diagram.

rmjohnson144
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I have puchased a water cooling system for my computer. I bought various parts fromvarious vendors and was wondering how and what order to route all these hoses. My system is in my sig.

I have a Cooler Master Stacker and plan on placing my radiator at the bottom of my case with the fans pushing the air out of the bottom of the case. or should I place the fans on the bottom and pull the air out?

I have a crossfire setup with EK waterblocks, a Swiftech NB block, and an EnzoTech Sapphire CPU cooler. I also have the big Swiftech pump with the flow controller plus a long and skinny swiftech 3 fan radiator.

Should I just chain these together from CPU to NB to vid 1 to vid 2 back to radiator? Or should I get a couple of splitters and split off 4 ways so each gets fresh water from the radiator, then more splitters to rejoin them back together to send back to the radiator?

I'd like to see some wiring type diagrams if anyone has any. I searched and couldn't find anything. But I found a ton of good watercooling articles. You guys have an abundance of watercooling information, wish I found this before ordering everything.

Thanks in advance
-=Mark=-

Surfsatwerk
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
If I read this right you're planning on putting way too much of a load on that rad. I have the same rad and it's strictly for my cpu, I may add a NB block to it at some point in the future but I'd definately add a second loop to cool both my video cards. I just have an E8400 currently and I could see myself running a single loop, maybe, if I added another 120mm to it and downclocked my cpu and didn't mess with any real overclocking anymore.

sephiroth8748
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Here's pics of my stacker when I had a 7800gt.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/cr4zyazndude/Stacker%20project/

Here's newer pics with my 4870. It's still a work in progress so there will be more pics later. :D

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/cr4zyazndude/4870/

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

rmjohnson144
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I was hoping this would be enough to cool everything, I figure a 120mm per item I'm cooling would do the trick. Apparently not.

My list of watercooling parts:

Radiator - Swiftech MCR320-QP
Pump - Laing D5/Swiftech MCP665
Video - pair of EK 3870 full-blocks
CPU - EnzoTech Sappire SCW-1 on a Q9450
NB - SwifTech MCW-30
Fans - Three Scythe SFF21F 120mm 63.7CFM

I will overclock everything. I have been looking at the 3870 vmodd and I have the CPU at 3.2GHz already and plan 3.6ish, but it runs very cool so far. But the NB is a little warm and I'll need to push it a lot further for 3.6.

maybe I'll invest in a small 2 fan radiator and pump to run the cpu/nb and use the 3 fan radiator for the two 3870s if you don't think this can all work on what I have.

Thanks for the advice.
-=Mark=-

rmjohnson144
07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
I forgot to mention I have a Swiftech reservoir and Tygon 1/2" tubing. I also have a Corsair Nautilus 500 I can hook up, but I'm not sure it could cool much, but I know these 45nm chips run much cooler and may be OK?

I'd appreciate any advice before I start putting this all together.

-=Mark=-
PS. I just noticed my EnzoTech CPU water block has a restriction on the return port of about 3/8". It seems kind of odd to do that when you can just use a 3/8 nozzle to restrict flow. Is this common for water blocks?