PDA

View Full Version : Blackops 9x450 vs 10x450

GTFouts
07-01-2008, 04:51 AM
I am running into an issue here that just doesnt seem right to me. If I try to change from 9x450 to 10x450, I have to raise the Vcore very high just to get it to boot into windows and even higher to get it to start to become stable. Way to high I feel, but I really dont know. I went back to my Dominator 1800's because they are completely stable, the OCZ is not yet.

Here are my stable 9x450 settings:

Quantum BIOS Version G27

Overclock Phase Select - Manual O.C.
CPU Clock Ratio - 9x
CPU Clock Ratio +0.5 - Disabled
Target CPU Core Speed - 4053 MHz
CPU Clock (FSB) - 450 MHz
CPU Clock vs Memory Speed - 1:4 CPU333
System Memory Speed - 1800 MHz
CPU Clock Skew Control - 0 ps
CPU Clock Amplitude CTRL - 800mV
PCI Express Clock - 100MHz
PCI Clock - 33.6 MHz
Spread Spectrum - Disabled
Overclock Recovery - Enabled

All Voltage Control

CPU Voltage Multiplier - x1.000
CPU Voltage Setting - 1.4750
CPU Vdroop Compensation - Enabled
CPU PLL Voltage Setting - 1.584304
CPU VTT Voltage Setting - 1.350
CPU GTL Ref. 0 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 1 Voltage - +5
CPU GTL Ref. 2 Voltage - +10
CPU GTL Ref. 3 Voltage - +10
NB Voltage Setting - 1.673
NB GTL Ref. Voltage - +3
SB Voltage Setting - 1.538
DRAM Voltage Setting - 2.044
DRAM Pull-up Voltage - +3
DRAM Pull-down Voltage - +3
DRAM Ref. Voltage - +3

Memory Timing Config

ECC Scrubbing - Disabled
DRAM Timing Selectable - Manual
CAS Latency Time - 7
RAS# to CAS# Delay - 7
RAS# Precharge - 7
Precharge Delay - 20
Row Refresh Cycle - Auto
Performance Level - 6
Write to Precharge - Auto
Write to Read Delay - Auto
Act to Act Delay - Auto
Read to Precharge - Auto
All Precharge to Refresh - Auto
Refresh Period Ratio - x1
Refresh Period - Auto
Command Per Clock - 1T
R2RD Same Rank - Auto
R2RD Different Rank - Auto
W2RD Same Rank - Auto
W2RD Different Rank - Auto
FSB Gain 1 - Auto
FSB Gain 2 - Auto
FSB Gain 3 - Auto
FSB Gain 4 - Auto
Blue DIMM Clock DLL Adjust - Auto
White DIMM Clock DLL Adjust - Auto
Blue DIMM Ctrl DLL Adjust - Auto
White DIMM Ctrl DLL Adjust - Auto
DRAM Command DLL Adjust - Auto

With those settings I am rock solid in Prime95, OCCT and SuperPi. So I thought I would try 10x450 which is my goal with this MB and my setup. All I have done was to start raising the Vcore. It's scaring me a bit so I have stopped for now.

Vcore to 1.6 = will finally boot into windows

Vcore to 1.6528 = will do 1M S-Pi but only last about 5 sec in Prime95

Vcore to 1.7 area (forget exact number) = will last for about 30 sec in Prime95

I couldnt go any farther because I was too worried and the temps were way to high under load, pushin low 80's.

Is this normal for this MB to need that much voltage for 4.5GHz? Or could it be the CPU that needs that kind of voltage for that speed? I have not touched any of the other settings which may be a part of it. I'm just wanting to know if this is excessive for this speed is all. Any thoughts?

Gautam
07-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Uhh yeah...you're not gonna be seeing 4.5 stable on water on a QX. Go halfway for 9.5x450 for 4275, with around 1.5v. Most Yorkfields will do 1M around 4600, some with 4700 with pretty huge vcore levels, much like the ones you're trying, but asking for quad prime95 stability at anything near that is far too much.

GTFouts
07-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll have to wait for new bios then. The 0.5 multiplier isnt working in the G27 release. Guess I'll have to settle for 4.3 then when they get it fixed, which is cool. I'll be happy with 4.3 if I can get it stable. Thanks Gautam.

saaya
07-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I couldnt go any farther because I was too worried and the temps were way to high under load, pushin low 80's.

Is this normal for this MB to need that much voltage for 4.5GHz? Or could it be the CPU that needs that kind of voltage for that speed? I have not touched any of the other settings which may be a part of it. I'm just wanting to know if this is excessive for this speed is all. Any thoughts?

low 80s... not very healthy... ive heard some 45nm chips can run high vcore stable, but they need propper cooling. try to get it to 60 and below and youll be fine. 50 or lower would be best. sounds like your cpu wont go any higher...
you could try a bunch of chips and see if you can find one that clocks better... but your asking for a lot i think :D

thanks for posting the detailled settings btw! wish everybody would do this :D