PDA

View Full Version : Lamest excuse ever

majormav
09-19-2003, 02:49 AM
right heres a bit of background info :
"rant mode on"
nearly a week ago i purchased a kit of HIPER X 3500 memory to go with my IC7 max 3 what i thought would be a brilliant combination... i was wrong .1/1 will let me get to just over the mems rated speed.. however put the memory in 5/4 mode will let me use 263 fsb right down to 5.2.2 cas 2 with top notch stability the memory at this speed will be at 210 .. correct me if i am wrong but 3500 should run at 217/434ddr now with any setting and voltage when i go to 264fsb my system will not post.. if i swap the memory out and install my corsair , winbond a mix of the 2 the system posts and runs with total stability .... so i contact Kingston a few emails and a long telephone call later and getting every possible excuse as to its something else in my systems fault except the memory "rant mode off"

the lamest excuse

" The solder used on the motherboard can prevent the memory reaching its rated speed"
:yawn:

shray
09-19-2003, 03:11 AM
damn that sucks. I hate those completely dumb "techs" I got some hyperX mav. its 3500 bh5, does 219 on asus a7n8x.

BTW the pinmod worked thankee :)

bigZ
09-19-2003, 03:12 AM
haha, awesome excuse!

On the whole, I've not heard great things about the Hyper X modules before this, this is just the icing on the cake though :cool:

shray
09-19-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by bigZ
haha, awesome excuse!

On the whole, I've not heard great things about the Hyper X modules before this, this is just the icing on the cake though :cool: Dunno about you but ive wonders =D

Jen
09-19-2003, 06:54 AM
Kingston to me has given me nothing but headaches. I avoid this brand and whatever the costs is.

this is my opinion

Jen