PDA

View Full Version : DoS help needed!

Jabo
09-19-2003, 02:20 AM
It started around 6-8 weeks ago. I noticed slowdowns while playing UT2k3. I blamed it on busy servers etc. It was getting worse and worse and soon enough I was not able to lower my stress levels with usual evening UT session. Even net browsing got really slow (I was downloading Netscape7.1 for over an hour!!!!!!!!!!! – btw it’s ntl 600k cable modem). I know a bit about net security, got quite good wireless equipment (NAT h’ware firewall etc.) and was a bit worried. The best part came when I switched both machines off (main rig and laptop) and DS light (down stream) stayed mostly on with quick flash from time to time and cable modem was sending some data to my router!! I checked for war drivers and rouge w/lan tapping – nothing, clear as summer day’s skies. Then I checked router’s firewall logs and … surprise, surprise – Denial of Service attacks were being registered more frequent than one per second from diff IPs.
Got pi$$ed off very badly, wrote a letter to NTL but up till now nobody cared too respond (I spent ~4 hours trying to get trough and when I finally did a chap I spoke too was in such a hurry that I wasn’t even able to finish my sentences!! And by the end he said he cannot help me!
Hence me here asking noble members for help in getting rid off and punishing those a$$holes ruining my stress management programme (my partner is not able to work – very heavy net use from home).
Pleeez help me to teach those morons a lesson

Oh, the connection is dynamic but this doesn’t help, it looks like whole of my range is under constant attack. There’s no upstream traffic going on as far as I can tell. Netstat shows only known and recognzable connections.

All help will be greatly appreciated!
:)

shray
09-19-2003, 03:53 AM
http://www.broadbandreports.com

Go to Forums, then security. They will help you well.

:)