PDA

View Full Version : Need help on replacement MB

Unshra
07-21-2002, 06:23 PM
I need some help on deciding what route is best to take. My Aopen AX4B 533 is on it’s last leg, in the past I had no problem reaching 3.0Ghz on my 2.26Ghz yet after my memory went south I’ve had problems even keeping 2.9Ghz stable, from Corsair to Kingston all attempts to OC leave my memory unstable. I’ve been able to stay stable at 2.72 but obviously this is not good enough. So here are the options I’m looking at:

Go out and buy and Abit IT7 which I have the money for now
Or
Wait till next paycheck and buy the Asus P4T533 w/4200 RIMM

The second option is very tempting but I’ve had a hit and miss relationship with Asus some of their boards are excellent OC while others aren’t worth 2 cents.

Wanted to get your take on this hopefully those of you who are more knowledge about the boards capability can point me in the right direction.

Bull
07-22-2002, 11:03 PM
I've heard good things about both boards. I kinda like the Abit board because it has a raid setup and I've heard good things about it. I have the P4t-e and am happy with this board. The only thing I don't like about the p4t-e is you can't adjust the cpu core voltage past 133 without a voltage mod. As for the P4t533 the Rdram at 533 mhz is tempting. I love the Rdram speed in my comp, of course I can't tell the difference between Rdram and DDR ram other than with benchmarks. It's up to you. I think both boards would be excellent. You can't lose on either IMO.