PDA

View Full Version : Need Vpn / Remote Desktop Help

JBELL
09-18-2003, 07:43 AM
PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR FLUENT IN THESE PROGRAMS

TheDude
09-18-2003, 08:34 AM
I don't know how "fluent" I am, but I have used Ciscos client and helped customers to set it up and trouble shoot it. I will help if I can...YGPM :D

Charles Wirth
09-18-2003, 10:21 AM
I can do this with my eyes closed, what do you need help with setting up first.

Do you want to connect to my VPN to test?

kodiak kid
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I can do this with my eyes closed, what do you need help with setting up first.

Do you want to connect to my VPN to test?

THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!

ok, connected via VPN....but the network drives disappeared... How do I get them back at home?

Serra
06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
If it took you ~5 years to get your VPN up (judging by the original thread date)... you might as well just give up computers as a hobby and take up photography.

You'll need to provide some more information than you have posted before you'll get much help - ie. VPN program, confirmation that it's up... is it a VPN that terminates at a host or a network device (just dropping you onto the LAN) etc.

kodiak kid
06-06-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm not the OP...I was utilizing the "search" feature in hopes of not starting a new thread ;) I have my VPN setup fine...I am trying to help out a friend that works for BB&T (just got the job)...all of his mapped network drives disappear when he logs in via the VPN...this never happens to me so I am unsure how to fix it.

ARC1450
06-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Simple. . .don't log off when you disconnect from the network. Or, if you do, you can usually go to a certain network share and grab the batch file that maps the drives for you (the logon script for the domain). I forget the exact address off the top of my head. . .something like \\(domain)\scripts or something like that.

Kobalt
06-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Question about setting up RDP to connect two different computers on different networks. On the host computer, I enable remote connections and have the router forward port 3389 to that computer. Then when connecting to the PC, I put in the IP address and the port? Is there anything else I need to do?

Serra
06-09-2008, 09:03 PM
^ Nope.

Kobalt
06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
^ Nope.

Okay thanks.