PDA

View Full Version : Thermalright IFX-14 Blackops

MotF Bane
06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
It looks like it will work, does anybody know more concretely? I can't get my push pin heatsinks to work, so I'm doing bolt-through next.

LardArse
06-25-2008, 09:33 PM
i can only guess fr4om the looks that it will fit since its shaped similar to a Tuniq which fits fine....

MotF Bane
06-26-2008, 04:20 AM
Well, I'll be finding out tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks. :)

MotF Bane
06-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Update:

It fits, but at a cost. The northbridge fan has to be removed, so it runs 39 C just in BIOS. I guess I'll try to measure for an HR-05, but it doesn't look likely. This IFX really is enormous. Oh, and you can fit memory in under the fan, but it's a very tight motion to settle it in. If you're careful, you can pull the fan upwards just enough to slide the memory in. Video card would need to be removed though.

LardArse
06-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Update:

It fits, but at a cost. The northbridge fan has to be removed, so it runs 39 C just in BIOS. I guess I'll try to measure for an HR-05, but it doesn't look likely. This IFX really is enormous. Oh, and you can fit memory in under the fan, but it's a very tight motion to settle it in. If you're careful, you can pull the fan upwards just enough to slide the memory in. Video card would need to be removed though.

try slanting the NB fan such that it is caught by a single screw furthest away from CPU socket

saaya
06-30-2008, 07:23 PM
can you post a pic of how it looks now?
sounds like its really humungous and touching all the other hardware :D

Envy64Ht
05-02-2009, 03:00 AM
pic please

sorry thread bump