PDA

View Full Version : eheim 1250 problems

solo
09-17-2003, 09:38 PM
well, i just bought one

it was working great, but when i took it apart and put it back together,

it just stopped working

sometimes it will work if i leave the front part off, so the only hting inside is the impellor and the litlte shaft

im really not sure how to fix it please help

update:

well it kinda works
i have to shake it around and tap the pump
and then the water starts shotting out

i think something is lose
any ideas?

Keeper
09-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Take it apart and look for something put in backwards Spring, beveled washer etc. I have not taken one apart but have other pumps and you have to put them back exactly how they came. Something to tight or even a grain of sand could be your problem. But more often than not it is a part put in backward or in the wrong order.

Major
09-17-2003, 10:04 PM
You have to make sure the shaft is inserted both in the front holding plate and at the rear of the motor. If you have run it with it not supported in both locations you have destroyed the impeller maganet more than likely. It should be smoth and without any obvious abrasions, you might be lucky and have one that is covered in plastic and that might have saved it for damage.

Major
09-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Here is a drawing of the 1250 if it helps,

solo
09-17-2003, 10:23 PM
how can i tell if the imepllor magnet has been destroyed

when i take it out, it seems liek the rear one isn't supported, as it always comes out wiht the shaft stuck onto the front holding plate

i think the endcaps are still there though
ill have to take a closer look

Major
09-17-2003, 10:36 PM
If the impellor magnet has any chips or deep marks on it you shouldn't use it, it will be unbalance and can ruin the motor housing or lock up. At the very least it might stop working and kill your cpu or whaterver your cooling.

solo
09-18-2003, 10:09 AM
when i ran it without the front cover,
the stick stilll rotated and the impellor started sucking water in
the thing still spins,
but when i put the cover on, the thing just stops sometimes

any idea?

Peckers
09-18-2003, 04:39 PM
The impellor might be loose, it's a fairly common problem with eheim pumps. Try gluing the impellor to the axle, the reason why it isn't glued in the first place is that the pump is meant to be used in aquariums where it have to be able to let througt smaller stones etc.

solo
09-19-2003, 03:52 PM
i kind of got it to work
it makes this sucking sound when its not pumping
so i shake it around and stuff, submerge it

and then it starts pumping

dunno if it can run inline anymore :(