PDA

View Full Version : BlackOps and PSU's

blindfitter
06-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Is their an issue with Psu’s and BlackOps?

I raise this question as I have read numerous posts of people having booting issues, constantly rebooting, and then fires up. Similar issue next time of booting. And suggestions of it could be psu related.

I have had my BlackOps for nearly a week now, it was set up on my water setup rig which includes a Seasonic 600 M12. I had repeated boot issues but put it down to the fact I was testing the board to achieve maximum benefit, and quite expected some problems.

However I have today moved BlackOps to my single phase test station, which includes a P & C Cooling 850 SSI PSU,
Right from the start, no repeated booting straight in windows, if I pushed a little too much, it just boots straight back into windows or bios should you choose.

At present I am booting to windows at 450fsb and using setfsb to go up from their to around 475fsb but not that stable, work to be done here.

The main conclusion I have learnt with a change of psu, the BlackOps board has improved 100% from its random booting issues.

HDCHOPPER
06-24-2008, 03:49 PM
this is great to here !!

good going blindfitter

FuriousSalesman
06-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I haven't been keeping up the Blackops threads lately. When you say random rebbot. Do you mean changing settings in the bios and then saving them, only for your computer to turn off and on? If so, I have had that happen to my computer, but I never thought of it as a problem. I always thought then when that happened, I was pushing an overclock too far, or tightened my memory timings too far.

I could always work around it by tweaking my settings and command and memory dll's.

I would like to think that I have a good power supply. I have a Thermal Take Tough Power 1200W PSU.

Nosfer@tu
06-25-2008, 12:53 AM
The Enermax 750 dont recall model gave my mate Pederss the same problems!

naokaji
06-25-2008, 01:41 AM
I dont have that issue, I'm using a seasonic m12 700W atm. I have some other psu's around, I'll try if any of them has those issues.

saaya
06-26-2008, 02:08 AM
I haven't been keeping up the Blackops threads lately. When you say random rebbot. Do you mean changing settings in the bios and then saving them, only for your computer to turn off and on? If so, I have had that happen to my computer, but I never thought of it as a problem. I always thought then when that happened, I was pushing an overclock too far, or tightened my memory timings too far.

I could always work around it by tweaking my settings and command and memory dll's.

I would like to think that I have a good power supply. I have a Thermal Take Tough Power 1200W PSU.well, if you get those problems every now and then, especially when pushing the system, it doesnt mean there is a problem with your psu or a compatibility problem between the psu and the board. but if you get this kind of issues a lot or all the time, then it could be a psu related problem.

I dont have that issue, I'm using a seasonic m12 700W atm. I have some other psu's around, I'll try if any of them has those issues.

cool, thanks a lot man! :) :toast:

I posted a thread about this here to make a list of all the psus that we and you guys have tested:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3092407

LardArse
06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
A bug sometimes will occur if:

A huge psu that takes a long time to discharge -
turn off PSU power
before light from mobo discharge turn back on PSU and press power on switch

Then it may not boot properly, remove battery and replace to fix

Bug with FoxOne chip , being fixed in newer boards.