PDA

View Full Version : Wieferich@Home added to Vault

glennpat
06-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Wieferich@Home has been added to the vault. I just created a team on it.
The link is to project is:

http://www.elmath.org/

KaptainBlaZzed
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
WOO HOO more math projects:shakes:, might give it a try.

glennpat
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
The Knights who are just ahead of us in the vault didn't have a team on here till today. They don't have a score on the project yet, but got some vault points for the rank on the project (tied with 0 among other teams).

I put several cores on it, but they haven't completed any work yet.

Maybe we'll be 6th in the Vault soon or maybe not. Should be fun.

glennpat
06-28-2008, 07:56 AM
:welcome: Paladin to Wieferich@Home. The Knights have picked up the pace and could threaten our vault position. Several of my boxes are linux which don't run on here. I just put together another box, but it is linux also.

I did add one more core to this today and can add a little more in a week when I get done with some p-1 SoB sieving.

Paladin
06-28-2008, 10:24 AM
"wine main.exe" not working on the Linux rigs? Haven't tried it myself, but the latest versions of WINE haven't let me down yet.

(Google seaching...)
Seems the W@H client is hard-coded to use both .NET and InternetExplorer. :shakes: Therefore Wine can't transcode it.

glennpat
06-28-2008, 12:55 PM
"wine main.exe" not working on the Linux rigs? Haven't tried it myself, but the latest versions of WINE haven't let me down yet.

(Google seaching...)
Seems the W@H client is hard-coded to use both .NET and InternetExplorer. :shakes: Therefore Wine can't transcode it.

I had forgot about Wine, but from your post and what I just read in their forum it won't work because it uses "IE mechanism".

So far today our output is ahead of the Knights. As the way things stand now as long as they don't pass us in this project we'll stay ahead of them in the vault.