PDA

View Full Version : Dual Loop Question!

mitra-
06-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Hi! :)

I'm planning a dual loop for my system.

One 360 rad for CPU and NB and one 360 rad for 2 graphic cards.
My question is: do I need to have 2 pumps and 2 reservoirs? Can I make this with just one pump or at least just one reservoir?

Or, I really need two independent loops?
I have noob questions, because this is my first WC system :p:

Thank you all! :up:

IanY
06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
I see this as moot. In order to have two loops, whether independent or not, you must have two pumps and two radiators. By definition, a single pump gives you a parallel setup, which is sub-standard.

Even if you have two pumps and two radiators, and even if you are willing to have two reservoirs, then the question shifts to whether you can benefit from two independent loops. The answer to that lies in what water blocks you intend to use, as RealRedRaider mentioned.

Often, more benefit will accrue with one loop, but two pumps in series back-to-back Pressure and flow are critically important, and even a single loop would benefit from double pumps. As to how much, it all depends.

NaeKuh
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
IMO, it's always better to seperate the CPU and GPU's, keeps the GPU's heat from affecting the water temp hitting the CPU...

wanna hear something funny? And iany can vouch.

Dual loops only started getting popular this year. If you mentioned dual loops last year, people would castrate you going OMG OVERKILL!!! :rofl: