PDA

View Full Version : Blackops: Additional Info for Subtimings required

StellaNor
06-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Guys :-)

A few question I have according to subtiming parameters in the BIOS.

Is there a short guide about tRTRS, tRTRD, tWTRS and tWTRD?
What does FSB Gain 1..4 do?
I am also not sure about Dimm Clock, Ctrl and DRAM Command DLL adjust.

Another question from the FSB Overclocking menu ist about GTL-Reference-Voltages. Range is +/-31. Does it mean each value refer to 1mV, so Range is like -310 up to + 310 mV?

Regards
Steffi

ps. strange things happened: I was used to fire my sticks with at least 1.9+ Volts and some are not working at Command Rate of 1. Now I started from scratch overclocking the RAM with low voltages. Weird: I can run Diablo-2000 at 800MHz CL7 1T with only 1.763V (BIOS), which is 1.765 measured with DMM (reading in Aegis is slightly wrong). 1.955V is not primestable. But need further testing, maybe I did something wrong.

saaya
06-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Hey Guys :-)

A few question I have according to subtiming parameters in the BIOS.

Is there a short guide about tRTRS, tRTRD, tWTRS and tWTRD?
What does FSB Gain 1..4 do?
I am also not sure about Dimm Clock, Ctrl and DRAM Command DLL adjust.there is no guide yet, but several people posted the timings and settings that work well for them :)

check these threads:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=187199
http://www.benchtec.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1423&page=8

Another question from the FSB Overclocking menu ist about GTL-Reference-Voltages. Range is +/-31. Does it mean each value refer to 1mV, so Range is like -310 up to + 310 mV?

Regards
Steffino, the settings are not in mv or %tage settings, we kept it that way since whatever value we would say it is, like i step is x volts, wouldnt be correct in the end, cause depending on what cpu you use and what vtt setting you use, the steps change.

but we are thinking about giving it some naming to give you guys at least some idea what one step does roughly :)

ps. strange things happened: I was used to fire my sticks with at least 1.9+ Volts and some are not working at Command Rate of 1. Now I started from scratch overclocking the RAM with low voltages. Weird: I can run Diablo-2000 at 800MHz CL7 1T with only 1.763V (BIOS), which is 1.765 measured with DMM (reading in Aegis is slightly wrong). 1.955V is not primestable. But need further testing, maybe I did something wrong.if they are based on jnl, then they might not like more than 1.9v, some jnl chips actually dont even like 1.8v...
how much vdimm you will be able to use and still be stable depends on what memory slots you use, what nb voltage you use, and what memory timings you use. the tighter the timings, the higher vdimm your sticks will take... the difference from one timing to another is very very small though.

StellaNor
06-23-2008, 03:46 AM
if they are based on jnl, then they might not like more than 1.9v, some jnl chips actually dont even like 1.8v...
how much vdimm you will be able to use and still be stable depends on what memory slots you use, what nb voltage you use, and what memory timings you use. the tighter the timings, the higher vdimm your sticks will take... the difference from one timing to another is very very small though.
Thanks Sasha!
Yes they are :eek:
So simply forget about the 1T thing I posted earlier. Its based on a very stupid mistake on my side. Actually one of the Kits is running quite nice now with CL7 1T @ 900 MHz / 1.9V - a tad more voltage and its over and out :rolleyes:
About the other 2 kits not running yet perfectly I have to check what chips are they based on.

saaya
06-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks Sasha!
Yes they are :eek:
So simply forget about the 1T thing I posted earlier. Its based on a very stupid mistake on my side. Actually one of the Kits is running quite nice now with CL7 1T @ 900 MHz / 1.9V - a tad more voltage and its over and out :rolleyes:
About the other 2 kits not running yet perfectly I have to check what chips are they based on.
ocz gold right? ask tony to be sure, but i think thats old samsung or quimonda stuff... doesnt clock very well, 1600 cas8 or cas9 absolute max, probably even less, and it runs very hot.

StellaNor
06-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Nope, its Mushkin XP3-14400 with unknown Micron and Diablo3-2000 from CSX with D9JNL.

saaya
06-26-2008, 02:13 AM
csx should be same as the cellshock kit as its the same chips, mushkin with unknown micron chips is most likely jnl as well, if it were gtr or gts they wouldnt hide it cause thats the chips everybody is hunting for :D so then you should have 3 kits of jnl at hand :)