PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme (senior) members

JBELL
07-21-2002, 02:27 PM
List to come soon within a few days...

JAWS
07-21-2002, 04:38 PM
Our first batch of seniors! Congrats to all that were nominated. Being selected for Xtremeship, is a reward for helping out and working hard to make this forum a great place to come for your computer needs.

Thanks

himura-dono
07-21-2002, 11:44 PM
i'm sure we all know what had to be done to get on that list :smileysex ^_~

jk, congrats all you soon to be seniors ^_^

SponGeBoB
07-22-2002, 05:46 PM
congrats to all that recieve this honor

JBELL
07-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Congrats to BMG as he is first to accept the position...

JBELL
07-23-2002, 12:47 PM
Congrats LEO

Leo
07-23-2002, 01:13 PM
Thanks, do benefits of being promoted include a working IT7, a working MX-EVA3, and $76.00 for my ticket - all are things I need right now. Heh j/k :).

dmitriyaz
07-23-2002, 01:56 PM
a quick question:
is the rank "Ritalin Junkie" higher than "Xtreme member"? :D

Smizack
07-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
a quick question:
is the rank "Ritalin Junkie" higher than "Xtreme member"? :D

Uhhh... n, I mean. YES! Yes it is....

*Backs up slowly*

:D

JBELL
07-23-2002, 07:05 PM
congrats majormav!!

dmitriyaz
07-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Smizack

Uhhh... n, I mean. YES! Yes it is....

*Backs up slowly*

:D
yesss!!! yeeeeeaaaaaaaassss!!!
*pops a few more Ritalin pills*
yeeeheheheheheheheeeessss!!! :D :D :D

JBELL
07-23-2002, 07:46 PM
congrats to mdzcpa

JBELL
07-24-2002, 09:44 AM
welcome aboard KAIN

JBELL
07-24-2002, 09:46 AM
good job [N8]

JBELL
07-25-2002, 11:00 AM
congrats chylde

sysfailur
07-25-2002, 11:34 PM
Congratulations to all :)

JBELL
07-25-2002, 11:50 PM
Many were nominated but to explain process I requested mods and admins and other to nominate a person then from that list I requested a second vote for those people... dude to forum size I limited that second vote to the first ten.... as we grow I will promote more people but understandably not everyone who earned it can have it right now.... I am watching you all and I must say your making my job very easy!! congrats to all who made it and the many more who are on the list right now....

JB

Attitudx
07-26-2002, 05:02 AM
thank you thank you. Sorry I have been like nonexsistent but I was in a car wreck and well i havent been in computer mode for about a week or so. One day I hope to be a post whore like smizack and others

sysfailur
07-26-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm a bit confused by this process though.... I mean, aren't "senior" members supposed to be people who have contributed alot to the forum, who have posted alot, etc etc? Why is it then that people with very few posts are getting this title. The way it's set up it sounds more like a popularity contest.

Dunno... just seems like a weird way to do it. Why not have it set at like 500 post count you get it or something.

Snowman
07-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Why is it then that people with very few posts are getting this title

but having more posts doen't always mean your better than someone with 10 posts. its probably based on how much you contribute to the forums.

sysfailur
07-26-2002, 12:24 PM
Well that's kinda my whole point. How can you contribute if you're not posting..... isn't that the whole point? Not trying to knock anybody, I just find it weird.

mdzcpa
07-26-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm prolly one of those users with a lower post count that was asked to be promoted. To be honest, I did not know that the process was even happening. I knew nothing until JBELL asked me if I would accept....which I was honored to do so.

In defense of myself, or any others with lower post counts, I suppose it might go to a quality vs quantity issue. Perhaps a character issue. I dunno really. I'm sure JBELL or one of the others who were involved in the process itself would know better and can answer you directly.

But, although I'm only guessing, maybe it is my history of association with OPP, MrIcee, and a few others who know me well and recognize my commitment to helping others to the best of my ability on many forums including this one.

In addition, I have probably been more active helping others via PM here at XtremeSystems then I have actually posted in open forum. So maybe that counts too.

So i guess that those who know me in general from the on line PC enthusaist community are aware of what I bring to the table. I trust that it is for these reasons that I was nominated. I know it is the reason I accepted. I would only want the best for this site.

Well, at least you heard from someone who was in the position you were describing. Maybe that helps some. I will not comment further as it is not my place:)

Hardass
07-26-2002, 12:53 PM
There were many factors in the decision, Post count was not one of them. Knowledge, willing to help other,s, keeping a good attitude, willing to spend the time on the boards answering, or trying to find answers to members questions. This is just a few of the requirements we where looking for.:toast:

JAWS
07-26-2002, 03:38 PM
I thought we had to send a check to JBELL to get promoted.

(come on, someone had to say it) :rolleyes:

TheDude
07-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Well said mdzcpa ! The traits you listed should carry much more weight than just the number of posts someone has.

Congrats to the new Senior Members!

You deserve recognition for your efforts and for the high standards that you set. Thanks for your efforts to make this Forum such a great place.

JBELL
07-26-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by sysfailur
Well that's kinda my whole point. How can you contribute if you're not posting..... isn't that the whole point? Not trying to knock anybody, I just find it weird.

To answer your question directly

Post count has NOTHING to do with it...

it is ALL about how you answer qquestions, your willingness to answer questions and to help others and HOW they are answered; giving detailed technical answers over simple ''yeah I have that one and it works'' answers..... Post count shows nothign more than time spent here which yes is a dedication.... but the commitment comes from how your dedication is expressed... like I said I requested each person nominated have a second vote to gain promotion... to better select those who have worked hard and shown the effort to help.

....Are you a 3D guru or a ritalin junkie???

sysfailur
07-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Alright, just wanted to know in more detail how it worked.

dmitriyaz
07-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
....Are you a 3D guru or a ritalin junkie???
JBELL, i am kind of upset by that. :( :mad:
you guys really think that my posts are the opposite of useful?
its perfectly OK with me to be called a Ritalin Junkie, but i thought it was only a joke...
very un-:banana:

JBELL
07-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz

JBELL, i am kind of upset by that. :( :mad:
you guys really think that my posts are the opposite of useful?
its perfectly OK with me to be called a Ritalin Junkie, but i thought it was only a joke...
very un-:banana:

lmao we love ya man I had to throw some humor in there.....

accept my apology and lemme buy ya a :toast:

dmitriyaz
07-26-2002, 11:17 PM
love me...ooow,
JBELL, you are the first person to ever tell me "i love you" :D :D :D
sorry, appearantly i misunderstood that post. :)

S8N
07-27-2002, 04:50 AM
*sniff* *sniff*
I remember when this forum was in its infancy, and now they are promoting senior members.
It wasnt that long ago, that the 'most members ever online was 11'
Anyway, congratulations to the new senior members, I'm sure you all deserved it :)

JBELL
07-27-2002, 09:02 AM
s8n yes the old days....... the innocence is gone *sniff*

JBELL
07-28-2002, 10:56 AM
congrats Neptune5k

SponGeBoB
07-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
congrats Neptune5k

w00t congrats neppy! :banana:

Neptune5k
07-29-2002, 07:30 AM
In my best Jim Carrey from the Mask.....

"You Love me, You Reeeeaaaly Love Me!"

Thx guyz :)

JBELL
07-29-2002, 11:18 AM
congrats TheDude

Neptune5k
07-30-2002, 01:14 PM
I say we de-nominate TheDude on account of him about to overtake me in the Folding Race.... ;)

TheDude
07-30-2002, 02:57 PM
LOL Neptune5k!

It is I who should thank you. It is an honor and a privledge to be an Xtreme Member of this forum.

I have been accused of being xtreme my whole life, now I guess it's official!:banana:

ZhaoYun
07-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Congratz all. :toast:

JAWS
07-31-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by S8N
*sniff* *sniff*
I remember when this forum was in its infancy, and now they are promoting senior members.
It wasnt that long ago, that the 'most members ever online was 11'
Anyway, congratulations to the new senior members, I'm sure you all deserved it :)

Where have you been? Have you seen Lady Germ? Tell her to stop by if you can. :)

JBELL
08-01-2002, 12:13 AM
stompah ... glad to have ya folding... Xtreme all the way!