PDA

View Full Version : custom cooling

Lestat
06-21-2008, 02:20 PM
this could have went into one of the cooling sections but since it really encompasses any type of cooling i figure i would post it here.

for a long time i have wanted a cooling solution that i could set and walk away.
it didnt matter if it was air water or what ever.

but here is the catch.

i dont want to go thru all the poop of sub zero cooling all i want is something that i can set for, say,, 20c and it will always be 20c.... no matter how hard i push the system.

one could argue that a phase or an old mach system would be best but i dont really want to have to go that route unless i have to.
I suppose a mini phase or mach where you didnt have to do all the sealing and greasing etc etc would be ok.
mini because it doesnt have to do all the work to hold zub zero temps

is there any thing out there that will allow me to set a temperature and the device takes care of the rest...

now if it hits 30c 35 under 100% cpu at high voltage fine but i would like to have it hold 20c all the time.
heck even if i had to set it to 30c that wold be fine.
i jsut want to set it and walk away.

i have always wondered but never seen or heard anyone talking about this so i figured i would ask.

Hidetaka
06-22-2008, 04:56 AM
Chilled water cooling might be the answer... Not that I know how to make one >.<

Nazu
06-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Like said chilled watercooling might be one for you. Though the temperature always rises when the cpu is being stressed. I think you'd need some kind of thermostat for a cooling system that would keep the temps at the same level no matter how much there's load. I believe that you can't get anything like that from a shop. Check the phasecooling section at XS and ask if some of the builders could make a system like that for you.