PDA

View Full Version : Hl2

Peckers
09-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Only two weeks left now it seem, anyone heard of when Collectors Edition will be available?

inferno395
09-16-2003, 05:55 PM
sorry, but it's delayed for sure. i did hear rumors that it will come out as early as 9-30-03 or as late as 2-3-04!

just hope :mad:

Nomjr
09-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Depending on which site you visit, it could be on time, in November(a few have mentioned) or Feb as mentioned above.

Peckers
09-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Gabe/Valve is still sticking with it being shipped on 30/9.

There are lots of different rumors about HL2 regarding release date, that it will be first available on Steam etc. but it's all rumors nothing else. If the game doesn't go gold in the next couple of days it's hard to see how it will be out in time though. However, not every developer feels the need to make a gold announcement. Valve might just quietly release a gold master to the duplicators and just let the game show up on the 30th without a lot of fanfare.

It will also be available in a bundle with 9800XT , and i need a new gfx... :)

hedge
09-18-2003, 05:31 PM
You beat me to it peckers. I was just going to bring up the thing about Gabe sticking with the original release date.

On a side note peckers, your signature really scares me because I use to actually go through utah-inter.net (actually it is velocitous, but it doesn't make a diference) and (as general as the assumptions are) I use windows and IE6. Just thought I would mention that.

Peckers
09-20-2003, 02:04 PM
some new info regarding stem release (http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8159&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)
Gabe told me that Steam would begin to send Half-Life 2 the game to individual's hard drives a week before it released via Steam. I'm assuming this is for people that choose in advance to get it from there. A Steam employee also told me that the material sent to your hard drive would he heavily encrypted, in order to prevent anyone from playing any of the game early. And obviously, people would be notified in advance that the material was being sent to their hard drives. If this is the case, then an announcement would need to be made no later than next tuesday (the 22nd) for it to be sent by the 30th via Steam.

true or not? we'll se in a couple of days.

OT@hedge: I didn't make the sig myself, it's made and provided by danasoft. I tried making a similar of my own and it really isn't very hard with php, the problem is that the host I currently use doesn't load the GD library. :(

x-kid
09-21-2003, 06:45 PM
i'm just waiting to see myself. not gonna get my hopes up till after the 30th

Semper Fi
09-27-2003, 11:06 PM
any word on this yet?

JBELL
09-27-2003, 11:23 PM
I could care less for this game now.....

*looks at tom clancy collection*
I like my xbox live!

Semper Fi
09-28-2003, 12:10 AM
lol

I have a feeling this might be something incredible ;)