PDA

View Full Version : Trying to update bios

clone38
06-19-2008, 12:59 PM
I tryed the floppy and usb stick with the G26 bios files and AWDFLASH and i could not do it my computer would just stall and i had to clear the comos to get it to boot again,so in the end i updated with FOX Liveupdate,not the way i wanted to do it but it worked none the less.

Have i missed somit out when updating the bios with a floppy?
Thanks.

LardArse
06-19-2008, 04:21 PM
hi you just need to configure your bootup with the correct sequence, hard disk drive priority set to your usb stick, or set floppy as first boot

clone38
06-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Hi mate i did try both and i still couldnt get them to work,i take it with the bios files you can download have all the files you need to work?

saaya
06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
hey clone, what do you mean with stall?
it wouldnt boot from usb and floppy? or was it something else?

clone38
06-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Hi saaya
I would clear comos then pick first boot floppy or usb,save settings then reboot then the pc would stall on the blackops logo and if i restarted it would do the same until i cleared the comos again.
Also i did get somit saying remove any disks and press any key to continue.
When i cleared the comos i took out the battery on the motherboard,removed the psu cable and waited 10mins or so.
Dont get me wrong the board is running sweet at the moment but not being able to update via the floppy is a bit of a pain.

Planet
06-20-2008, 03:50 AM
Just hit the print screen and choose from the boot menu. Also make sure your USB thumb drive is bootable.

FatAlbert
06-20-2008, 03:57 AM
what about winflash ;)

saaya
06-20-2008, 04:32 AM
he used winflash and it worked, he was just reporting that usb and floppy didnt work.
well for usb you need a bootable usb drive, and you actually need to select boot from hdd and then select the usb stick in the hard drive boot list.

why floppy didnt work i dont know... did you use a windows 98 bootup disk?

I posted some tips here:)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3076991

FatAlbert
06-20-2008, 05:39 AM
i tried use to windows 98 bootup disk :D

awdflash + bios + other files = no space for bios and no flashing ;)

clone38
06-20-2008, 06:05 AM
I tryed to use my usb turboflash drive as ive done bios updates on other pc with no problems,ive got the G27 so i`ll try that and see what happens.

saaya
06-20-2008, 06:07 AM
yeah i know, funny eh? floppies are so old that even the most basic OS/firmware doesnt fit on there anymore :lol:
just use 2 floppies or a usb drive and a floppy.
use the bootdisk to boot into dos, then load awdflash from another floppy or from the hdd or usb drive :)