PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 4 - Problems

CCW
09-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi,

We are using Delphi 4 @ school for our A-Level Computing which is a computer science based course. If you've read my profile you'll know that after I finish my A-Levels I want to go to Uni and study Computer Science as a degree.

Anyway one thing that has puzzled me is that if you create a button on the form to close, and you type on the code page close, it wont work yet if you type uit on the code page it will.

If you do the reverse create a button on the form and call it quit and put quit in code it qont work but put close as the code and it works!

Anyone come across this strange problme before? Is it not a problem but just my arrogance that fails me to see whats wrong? Why would thishappen anyway?

Thanks,
Craig

P.S. - Sorry Mods but this is the only place I could think to put this Question

thetruememphis
09-16-2003, 01:32 AM
it's been a while since i used delphi. But i vagely still remember how to do a few lines of commands and cods... all delphi is Borlands brand of Visual Basic.(Yes im oversimplfieing it by a long shot i understand that)

but maybe this will help

command1()clicksingleclick:

unload me ~unloads the current page to be decompiled.
end
endcommand1()clicksingleclick:

If i didnt help you delphi help (http://www.devarticles.com/cats/55) might help a little more.

CCW
09-16-2003, 07:17 AM
Thanks will take a look at that. Delphi is actually a a version of PAscal but yes in most respects it is like Visual basic as they are both Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools.

Thanks for your help,
Craig

thetruememphis
09-16-2003, 08:02 AM
yeah, I never got into pascal i used it once or twice but i seemed a little Iffey on the power side. i like JAVA it's powerfull enough to do just about anything you want but it also has the security you want. (people cant look up ip and such) Not to be mixed up with Java Script(totally difference language and maker)

CCW
09-16-2003, 08:03 AM
Yeah I used to do a hell of a lot of programming but only do it now as I have to if I want to pass my A-Level Computing so then I can go onto Uni.

Delphi is new to me but pretty simple and easy to use. Im learning :)

Craig