PDA

View Full Version : DDR3 2000 Mhz 4GB kit

crazy1323
06-14-2008, 10:40 PM
When can we expect a retail kit rated at 2000 Mhz in a 4GB kit. I would really like to buy 2 of these for 8GB's of DDR3.

Yellowbeard
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
We're producing that part now. However, I cannot say how long it will be before retailers are showing it. Should be any time now.

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TW3X4G2000C9DF.pdf

crazy1323
06-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Do you know what companies will be offering this first?

Yellowbeard
06-16-2008, 09:22 AM
No, I have no way of knowing that information.

ceevee
06-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Here it is:

$1800.00 for 8GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145210

Kind of wish I had waited and splurged on these instead of the 8GB of WIN3X40961600C7DHXIN.

hecktic
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
not to thread jack this, but there are at least half a dozen other companies with DDR3-2000 kits available... and if your lucky you wont even notice the difference in pricing from DDR3 and DDR2 if you pick the right brand, performance aside... and no I will not mention any other brands other than Corsair in this thread at the risk of making corsair look bad... not that they are, they make wonderful ram that really makes any enthusiast experience a feeling of that kind of "valuable investment worth every penny spent"

Just let the market adjust to your pocketbook before going out and buying expensive DDR3 4gb kits, but then ofcourse you would not really be a true enthusiast unless you did have the top of the line right now.... so its a debate only you can answer, but please do not ask one company about what other companies offer .... it makes little to no sense to me.... unless ofcourse the said company offers this information first which would be rare to see unless related to some kind of marketing strategy.

Yellowbeard
08-01-2008, 06:57 AM
not to thread jack this, but there are at least half a dozen other companies with DDR3-2000 kits available...
There may be but they are not selling them at Newegg.

Praz
08-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I would imagine there will be very few systems capable of running 8GB at 2000MHz.

Yellowbeard
08-01-2008, 07:57 AM
IIRC, I have seen 4 up at about 1800 or so but I cannot recall what chipset.

hecktic
08-02-2008, 03:50 AM
There may be but they are not selling them at Newegg.

yah not much to pick from on the egg. But maybe its just me, but I think most enthusiast dont just shop at the egg for ram, although the RMA policy seems to be pretty dam nice, but then again who doesn't give you at least 5yrs warranty on RAM these days anyways.... "the good stuff" I'll say usually carries life time warranties in most cases :yepp:

I still have a pair of 2gb drr2 880mhz ram made by corsair and boy does it run extremely well compared to many other brands I tested on various boards, the stability is just crisp solid and its not even micron based... which is the really good stuff!

on a more serious note, could I ask your opinion in terms of the falling DDR3 prices that seem to be adjusting to the way DDR2 was this time last year or end of 06, and I ask your opinion seeing as you are in the industry and I am a very noisy and curious person lol :D

the corsair set the other guy above linked to has literally been cut in half on the price from what it said in his post... and look at how long it took... amazing if you ask me....

Yellowbeard
08-03-2008, 09:31 AM
DDR3 is slave to the supply and demand thing just like the initial DDR to DDR2 transition. And, once again only Intel is using the new standard although Intel is in the dominant position this time. And, right now the new Intel chipsets are being offered in both DDR2 and DDR3 flavors so there is not an immediated drive for DDR3. The only chipset I am aware of that demands that you go to DDR3 is Nvidia 790i. Nehalem and the AMD move to DDR3 will increase this transition.

As I understand it, it takes a lot of time to convert a fab over to making a new IC so DDR3 supply has been low. But, that is changing which is also why you are seeing a lot DDR2 IC supplies drying up.

M@G!C
08-04-2008, 03:39 PM
the corsair set the other guy above linked to has literally been cut in half on the price from what it said in his post... and look at how long it took... amazing if you ask me....

He was saying $1800 for 8GB .... :rolleyes: 2x4GB Kits = $1800 :)