PDA

View Full Version : Br-2a

[XC] 2long4u
06-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Crap! This reversing ring doesn't work with my D40! Why don't they have more information on this?

[XC] 2long4u
06-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Found out how to do it.
It can only be used in Manual mode. You need to adjust the shutter speed yourself.

EDIT: I haven't figured out how to use the flash with it yet. It says that the flash is in TTL mode. What's that, and how do I get it out of TTL mode?

MaxxxRacer
06-15-2008, 12:46 AM
TTL mode is through the lens. It gauges how much flash is needed by the F stop, ISO speed and available light. This is the mode you want it in. You only go to manual mode if you want to do special effects of some sort. I honestly dont know how or if you can pull it out of TTL mode with the D40, as I only rarely used the onboard flash and never had a need to pull it out of TTL mode.

[XC] 2long4u
06-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Well with this reversing ring it only works in manual mode as it can't get any data from the lens. You have to set the aperture manualy and adjust the shutter speed to get your exposure. I wish you could play with this as it is a great tool for macro. It is just a pain to have to set everything.
I would like to use a flash with it but because it is getting nothing from the lens it doesn't know what to do.