PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread

Miwo
06-13-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has been talking about this game here. Anyways, I picked it up yesterday from Gamestop and was playing it for a few hours last night.

I know its going to sound cliche, but I was absolutely blown away by the level of detail, polish, immersion, the atmosphere, general production quality, and all in all gameplay experience. The graphics are easily one of PS3s best in full 1080p. With my sound system cranked up and my bass shakers on, I was seriously getting chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach after the opening intro when the lizards appear :)

The framerate is ok with a little chugging in huge fights, but other than that I have no complaints :). I think this game is going to be a masterpiece from what I've seen so far.

For purists/die-hards, MGS4 might be toned down because the camoflage adapts automatically to the surroundings once you stop moving, but you can change this in the options to manual mode. I think many will be very happy in the sheer amount of weapons and items they've added, as well as customization features

Only 1.5 hours in, but its simply amazing. Makes GTA4 look pale in comparison

ugp
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I got my copy from GameStop and I got the Collector's Edition and I am very happy with it. I even got the Collector's Edition Book as well with it. The lever of detail is amazing and I am very happy with the game. A lot of cut scenes in the game make it feel more like a movie to me. Hey man my PSN name is "EvilPuppets" add me if you like and we can play Multiplayer if you want.

ex2cib
06-13-2008, 08:42 PM
i didn't really know what i thought about the cutscenes before i bought the game, but so far, after about 8 hours of playing it. i love them. for one, its nice to have a break every now and then in the action in the game, and it also adds to the game. not to mention the few laughs you get watching the cutscenes.

graphics are definitely insane.

Starscream
06-14-2008, 09:48 AM
was thinking about openening a topic but i preferred to play the game :D.

Im atm in Chapter 5 and the game kicks ass.
I dont wanna spoil to much but People that have played MGS on the first playstation will have a crapload of fun in Chapter 4.

The cutscenes are long (some r freakishly long) but you dont rly notice the time.
The cutscenes add extra stuff to the MGS storyline and can b pretty entertaining (and funny).

The detail in the clothing and faces is amazing specialy seeing that the cutscenes arent polished up.

Starscream
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
just finished it.
The final fight is awesome and those that played the previous Playstation MGS games will see familiar stuff.

The final clip is long but worth it.

ugp
06-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I like the way a lot of cutscenes are seamless transfer to gameplay. I am about to start Act 4 right now. I am around 9 hours and 45 minutes into the game.

ex2cib
06-15-2008, 11:02 AM
i got a huge laugh out of the whole mantis fight and the "trick" :rofl:

i forgot about that in the first metal gear

Horus´
06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has been talking about this game here. Anyways, I picked it up yesterday from Gamestop and was playing it for a few hours last night.

I know its going to sound cliche, but I was absolutely blown away by the level of detail, polish, immersion, the atmosphere, general production quality, and all in all gameplay experience. The graphics are easily one of PS3s best in full 1080p. With my sound system cranked up and my bass shakers on, I was seriously getting chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach after the opening intro when the lizards appear :)

The framerate is ok with a little chugging in huge fights, but other than that I have no complaints :). I think this game is going to be a masterpiece from what I've seen so far.

For purists/die-hards, MGS4 might be toned down because the camoflage adapts automatically to the surroundings once you stop moving, but you can change this in the options to manual mode. I think many will be very happy in the sheer amount of weapons and items they've added, as well as customization features

Only 1.5 hours in, but its simply amazing. Makes GTA4 look pale in comparison
Comparing two different games in the gerne is utterly wrong. Both the best in their league.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game after Halo series that i waited for, finally a game that can grab you to the screen and hold you there untill the very last end. It's incredible wel thought story and everything just fits well, it has humor in it as well that i like.

To me a pure work of art.

next game that will reach this class, Resident evil 5

Starscream
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
i got a huge laugh out of the whole mantis fight and the "trick" :rofl:

i forgot about that in the first metal gear

ya i loved that aswel. also the way they break the 4th wall (i think thats what it is called).

Campbell calling and telling you to use the 2nd port and you then saying no they are wireless.
i actuaaly activated a 2nd controller hoping it would work only to end up being called an idiot by otacon.

Dito with the cracks about changing to disc 2.

ps. about the MGS being better then GTA.
Yeah they both are diffrent games but i like MGS4s storyline alot better then GTA4s. GTA4 had to many dissapointments were MGS4 rly amazed me.

will start a 2nd run tomorrow. i wanna get the assasins creed outfit.

ugp
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I am partial into Act 4 and the beginning threw me off... I was like OMG!

The games story is amazing and I absolutely love the cutscenes. It really makes you feel like your watching a movie. By far I will stop playing GTA IV for awhile. After beating Single player I plan to move onto the Multi-player for awhile.

My PSN is 'EvilPuppets' if anyone wants to add me and play online. Feel free. Off to finish the game tonight I think.

Serpentarius
06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
i wan to play toooooo ~~~ (whines)

haihz ... i'm saving for the recesssion which is quickly closing in my country ... that sux

Starscream
06-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I am partial into Act 4 and the beginning threw me off... I was like OMG!

The games story is amazing and I absolutely love the cutscenes. It really makes you feel like your watching a movie. By far I will stop playing GTA IV for awhile. After beating Single player I plan to move onto the Multi-player for awhile.

My PSN is 'EvilPuppets' if anyone wants to add me and play online. Feel free. Off to finish the game tonight I think.

if u loved that then u will love the final fight and the epilogue.

Dragy2k
06-16-2008, 01:44 AM
lol im only at the 1st boss and taking my time ....any truth in the ipod music having different affects on enemys??

maybe need a spoiler thread lol ...as said above very cool game!

Starscream
06-16-2008, 06:55 AM
lol im only at the 1st boss and taking my time ....any truth in the ipod music having different affects on enemys??

maybe need a spoiler thread lol ...as said above very cool game!

ya it is being said that they boost things when you listen to them.

Ive never listened to the ingame ipod but wont the enemys hear you when u listen to it?

fatman
07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
i dotn care for it much.... never reallly cared for the slow paced games.

ex2cib
07-11-2008, 11:19 PM
well, if the game is slow paced to you, thats really your problem, not the game's.

the pace of the game (at least in this game) is up to the person playing it.

the first time through the game, is the longest since you have to learn where things are at, but after that, you can spend less than half the time that it took you to complete the game the first time.

the first time i played through the game, it took me 20+ hours.
i'm not done with the second time just yet, but i've only been playing 7 hours and i have one act left, and i know i couldve done some parts much faster.

fatman
07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
well i wasnt saying it was the games problem i was just putting my 2 cents in that is all.

Wshmaster0
07-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Personally I wasn't happy with the LE Boxset. I thought it was crap compared to what most 85-90 dollar boxsets come with.

I bought it because I love MGS. Had it been anything else I would've gotten a regular version.

zanzabar
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
i just finished and i got "eagle", and 20:33 hours

i thought that the last fight was hilarious who would have thought that a stealth game would have a street brawl so a finale

dose any1 know how to get the ranking animal pic as wallpaper

Lestat
07-14-2008, 04:30 AM
seems like a cool game but it looks like you guys are finishing it pretty quick....
are you just buring yourselves in the game and whipping thru it?

zanzabar
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
i didnt hurry, i took my time, and 20hours is pretty good most games are 12-15

and i dont think that the game time counts the cut scenes and it had alot of cut scenes

Philip_J_Fry
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
i just got all 40 emblems!! heh took me a while for the last couple ones ...

now i jsut need to log 10 hours in MGO to have scanning plug

pika198
08-07-2008, 05:19 PM
grats on all the emblems. I just killed every boss with the tranquilizer and got those unlocks and called it good

renzokuken
12-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Huge MGS fan here. I've even had my games signed by Hideo Kojima and Quinton Flynn (Raiden). MGS4 was an awesome ending to the "Solid" saga. Here's hoping we get remade Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games for the PS3!

My Babies:
http://obeopg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pFLOa3alEypEXu3VUAEdrtd-YEcyl2rmPR4clHgdPd2JJWCTLb9SlK13oFp7cs2x4RhzMM5UJE lA/Picture%20002.jpg

http://obeopg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pGQyxoNuu2pLRF1BS-EfS-MhsHl4qv62mnhd-8q3Kg4L68NgdU2QZEkY2TDb-7n38vL96OEM3zEc/Picture%20003.jpg

DistortioniZm
01-16-2009, 02:15 AM
I remember the excitement i had getting off the school bus and running home to play Metal Gear on my Super Nintendo back in the mid 80s. (off topic there needs to be another Dragon Warrior;) MSG4 does not disappoint!

Xello
01-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Huge MGS fan here. I've even had my games signed by Hideo Kojima and Quinton Flynn (Raiden). MGS4 was an awesome ending to the "Solid" saga. Here's hoping we get remade Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 games for the PS3!

I'd prefer a new game, Solid's stories are supposed to be over so let's see a new set of characters.

Chris_redfield
01-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I agree with Xello it would be quite nice to see some new characters, especially if you are reffering to the PSone MGS as that has already been redone once for the cube.

Though if you mean the Nes and Snes originals then it would be quite nice to see those