View Full Version : Black Ops BIOS G26

LardArse
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
please use awdflash xxx.bin /wb

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=7A3F1G26

Fixes QX CPU high Multiplier in Windows Vista Issue

saaya
06-13-2008, 01:00 AM
so in xp higher multis worked, in vista they didnt? i gotta ask the bios engineer how that works one of theese days, really sounds weird :D
i guess this is the "system only runs at 60% of the oc that is set in bios" thing somebody reported?

you should edit the thread title and maybe add a note like "multiplier fix" or something :)

T_M
06-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Hmmm, i have the issues even with XP SP2.
Sure helps with loading windows though, i never have to worry about temp until im ready to start the bench and i set the multi :)

saaya
06-16-2008, 10:42 PM
heheheh, well maybe we should have done it like others and have advertized it as a feature and not as a bug :lol:

LardArse
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Hmm I tried C1 C0 9770, 9650, all worked at higher multiplier than default in vista with g26, power options set to maximum performance under control panel

MotF Bane
06-29-2008, 02:13 PM
The board is happier with Windows XP, not sure why, but losing Vista isn't really a loss. Can't get the BIOS to update though. I set up one floppy for bootable, and made a second floppy with this BIOS and Awdflash, then booted with first floppy, switched to second, and ran Awdflash. It tries forcing me to save the old BIOS, but there isn't any space to do that. How can I get it to not save the old BIOS while in Awdflash? I don't have a real command line, it's giving me just short prompts.

ric9887
06-29-2008, 04:10 PM
The FOX Live Update utility which comes on the CD with the board has a good utility for upgrading / backing up your BIOS. Install from the CD and run the update to update the utility. You can then backup/flash the Main and Backup BIOS's with the file above.

MotF Bane
06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
The FOX Live Update utility which comes on the CD with the board has a good utility for upgrading / backing up your BIOS. Install from the CD and run the update to update the utility. You can then backup/flash the Main and Backup BIOS's with the file above.

Fox Live Update keeps asking for .bin files, the BIOS file is just... file, no real type. I didn't want to do that, since I'm not sure if that's going to screw it up without having the filetype adjusted.

T_M
06-29-2008, 06:49 PM
MotF Bane, you need to add ".bin" to the file you have.

Dont ask me why Foxconn upload BIOS files in all weird kind of ways, like .rar (lol?)

ric9887
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
One thing to note. The Fox Live update tool talks about Main and Backup BIOS. Be clear that Main=BIOS1 and Backup=BIOS2. I know this maybe seem obvious, but I wasnt sure if you booted from BIOS2, whether it thought this was Main. It doesnt.
Make sure you update the tool itself as the version supplied on the CD didnt allow me to flash the Blackup BIOS - it was greyed out. This appears to be fixed after the update.

saaya
06-30-2008, 10:41 PM
thanks ric, added that to the bios flashing guide :)