PDA

View Full Version : Forum Support

LardArse
06-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Feel Free to post threads here for Forum Support, me and Saaya will try to provide support for Quantum Force Users from here, at least will tyr our best to help :yepp: Thanks to Fugger for this!

Movieman
06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm looking for a manual for your new dual socket Nehalem board..:sofa:

Sorry, I had to come and harass you just a little..:up:

BenchZowner
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Smooth move guys.
So... is Sascha going along with the Foxconn boards ? :D

Edit: Dave! This is the second time today! :D
I knew it!
No Nehalem for you :p:

Movieman
06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Smooth move guys.

Edit: Dave! This is the second time today! :D
I knew it!
No Nehalem for you :p:

bumps thread and goes off topic at the same time..
you just got to be quicker!:rofl:

saaya
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
having fun with the blackops and the handpicked cellshock i took with me :banana:

and dave, let me guess, the first thing you say when you pick up the phone or you meet somebody is "i want a nehalem" :D

oh yeah, many thanks for this section charles, the QF forum was really fubr :D

FatAlbert
06-12-2008, 12:25 AM
new bios for destroyer please ? ;)

i don't like the 0529 :(

:D

saaya
06-12-2008, 12:34 AM
make a thread about it, and the more specific you are the higher the chance i can get you a bios that works better for you :D

naokaji
06-12-2008, 03:01 AM
:clap:nice idea to setup a extra section for the quantum force boards:up:

Dave's only question will be: "How many do I have to buy to get a free nehalem system"?:rofl:

Planet
06-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Awesome idea Peter and thanks to Charles for this section.

Oliver
06-12-2008, 06:41 AM
As mentioned, good to see u around...

There is great quantum force site, but to see u here...

Keep it comming.

saaya
06-12-2008, 07:04 PM
well i had a look at the qf forums and imo they are fubared, sham agreed, so while fixing them is possible, itll take so much time and effort that we thought it really isnt worth it.
we wanna focus on the boards and bioses to get you guys what you want, more options and higher ocs :)
since almost all of you guys are hanging out on xs anyways and charles offered to support us it was a no brainer to move the forums over here :D
thanks again charles :toast:

T_M
06-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Changing your avatar anytime soon saaya? :P

Kensek
06-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Feel Free to post threads here for Forum Support, me and Saaya will try to provide support for Quantum Force Users from here, at least will tyr our best to help :yepp: Thanks to Fugger for this!

Need Ram Help on this Blackops. My second one came from Newegg today since my first one would not run faster than 50-60% of the set CPU and DRAM FSB speeds set in BIOS.

The second one runs great. Installed G25 and the E8400 runs at 9x470. However, my good ram will not post. I get E0 and E1 errors.

Well, that's not completely correct. 1 stick of my Super Talent DDR3-1800 will Post. However the other stick will not Post in any Ram Slot and at any DRAM Voltage/NB Voltage set within BIOS.

My Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 gives me an E0 error. Which someone on this forum informed me that to get around this error I will need to have the XMP profile data removed. I'm not going to reflash my Ram.

Therefore what DDR3-1800+ memory are you people using that works right out of the box?

Running it with my cheap $70 OCZ DDR3-1066 sticks in it now.

AL (The Fonz)

Kensek
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Can a BIOS be Made that will Allow XMP DDR3-Ram to POST without the "E0" LED Debug error Code?

Would luv to use my Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 modules.

metro.cl
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Nice Sayaa wish you the best :)

Foxconn is really doing things well with a support forum here.

LardArse
06-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Need Ram Help on this Blackops. My second one came from Newegg today since my first one would not run faster than 50-60% of the set CPU and DRAM FSB speeds set in BIOS.

The second one runs great. Installed G25 and the E8400 runs at 9x470. However, my good ram will not post. I get E0 and E1 errors.

Well, that's not completely correct. 1 stick of my Super Talent DDR3-1800 will Post. However the other stick will not Post in any Ram Slot and at any DRAM Voltage/NB Voltage set within BIOS.

My Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 gives me an E0 error. Which someone on this forum informed me that to get around this error I will need to have the XMP profile data removed. I'm not going to reflash my Ram.

Therefore what DDR3-1800+ memory are you people using that works right out of the box?

Running it with my cheap $70 OCZ DDR3-1066 sticks in it now.

AL (The Fonz)

workin on bios to skip XMP now.

Kensek
06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Once you create that Bios version that will skip XMP, can you post the link to it within this thread?

Thank you!

AL

saaya
06-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Changing your avatar anytime soon saaya? :P
working on it, i got a cold (ironic in tai pei with 32C and 90% humidity eh? :D) and im no feeling too well, so im focussing on other stuff atm. if you have a nice QF avatar feel free to pm me a link! :toast:

kensek, so one of the sticks has xmp and the other doesnt?
sounds more like theres a problem with one of the sticks to me...
can you check if it boots in other boards?

Nice Sayaa wish you the best :)
thanks felipe! :toast:
man, really regret not meeting you and juan.... :(
err i mean huon :D heheh
send him my regards! maybe we can hook up at games convention...

Foxconn is really doing things well with a support forum here.well i hope itll work out and there wont be too much bashing and whining :P

dinos22
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
good luck guys

Planet
06-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Here ya go Saaya :rofl:

Where can I get a CellShock one?

BenchZowner
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Use the force Sascha :D

LardArse
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Once you create that Bios version that will skip XMP, can you post the link to it within this thread?

Thank you!

AL

XMP will only kick in when you run 400FSB at boot up, E0 is SPD failure, sort of can't grasp the SPD, if you can share the SPD for the RAM then we can try to test it.

saaya
06-13-2008, 12:53 AM
good luck guysthanks man :toast:
any help is greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with 20 karma$/hour ^^

Here ya go Saaya :rofl:
Where can I get a CellShock one?meh, i dont like the red... already told peter :D i love black, white, silver, blue, purple... im not into red... dunno why :D so im looking for a black/silver or black/white logo :D

about the cellshock logo, i got my fix from select, robert.
hes really good at this sht, send him some pics or hardware and he will get you pretty neat pictures and photoshops :)

i actually wanted to ask him but hes busy studdying atm afaik...

Use the force Sascha :D
i need some time to tune and adjust the force here man... the strings swing different over here :D

i seem to have grown new powers here, looking european in asia sure has its advantages :D
usually it takes 3 weeks or more to get a laptop, once you have an HR account and all...
luckily a cute young chic is responsible for this, so i talked to her and ... 30 mins later i had my laptop, windows set up, network account set up... and until today i still dont have an HR account :hrhr: :D

XMP will only kick in when you run 400FSB at boot up, E0 is SPD failure, sort of can't grasp the SPD, if you can share the SPD for the RAM then we can try to test it.yes, if the stick works fine in another board, please make a dump with www.techpowerup.com/spdtool and post it here as zip.

if i got it right its a set of mem and one stick works and the other doesnt tho, right? in that case it really sounds more like there is something wrong with the spd on the stick that doesnt boot... or maybe its broken or damaged.
but fingers crossed, the spd might just be fcked up on that one stick that doesnt wanna boot :)

T_M
06-13-2008, 03:23 AM
i seem to have grown new powers here, looking european in asia sure has its advantages :D
usually it takes 3 weeks or more to get a laptop, once you have an HR account and all...
luckily a cute young chic is responsible for this, so i talked to her and ... 30 mins later i had my laptop, windows set up, network account set up... and until today i still dont have an HR account :hrhr: :D

Give it time my young padawan, with more skillful use you will be capable of so much more ;)
*cough*

Kensek
06-13-2008, 05:15 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220287

This Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 gives a E0 BIOS LED Debug error code when used within the Blackops. Other forum members have said that the only way this RAM will Post is if you reflash the RAM and remove the XMP part.

This Super Talent http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609274&Tpk=super%2btalent%2bddr3-1800
arrived with 1 dead stick in the pack of 2. 1 stick works fine the other gives a "E1" error. It will not Post in any memmory slot and with BIOS voltages set higher on both the DRAM and NB.

I'll RMA the Super Talent today. And I'll try the Patriot 1866 in the Asus P5Q3 that arrives on Tuesday.

But I still need some 1800+ Ram for my Blackops that will work right out of the box.

AL (The Fonz)

dinos22
06-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Give it time my young padawan, with more skillful use you will be capable of so much more ;)
*cough*

ROFL :rofl:

saaya
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
*cough*man that just sounds plain wrong :lol:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220287

This Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 gives a E0 BIOS LED Debug error code when used within the Blackops. Other forum members have said that the only way this RAM will Post is if you reflash the RAM and remove the XMP part.

This Super Talent http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820609274&Tpk=super%2btalent%2bddr3-1800
arrived with 1 dead stick in the pack of 2. 1 stick works fine the other gives a "E1" error. It will not Post in any memmory slot and with BIOS voltages set higher on both the DRAM and NB.

I'll RMA the Super Talent today. And I'll try the Patriot 1866 in the Asus P5Q3 that arrives on Tuesday.
But I still need some 1800+ Ram for my Blackops that will work right out of the box.

AL (The Fonz)hmmmmmmmmmm
that sounds very weird...
who told you that reflashing the spd fixes the problem?
did he/they get the stick to boot fine on other boards with the original spd?
if you boot at setup defaults xmp is disables... sham talked to the bios engineer yesterday and he said xmp is disabled, actually its completely ignored... so this sounds very weird...
i just told shamino, we are gonna check this with the bios engineer on monday :)

Kensek
06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
if anybody have patriot 1866C8 with xmp profiles,before pluging them on the black ops,just remove the xmp profile,otherwise you will see the E0 debug code all the time with bioses ,G17,G20,G21,G22,P02
(realy,where the hell are the debug codes of this mobo?,they put in trimmers for vmods and the necessary debug codes.........)

This guy on the forum said E0 error on the Patriot Viper is caused by the XMP. And you need to remove it in order for the Ram to work on the BlackOps.

But as I said, I'll try the Viper Ram in my new Asus P5Q3 coming on Tuesday. If it doesn't work in that Board, I'll RMA them.

AL (The Fonz)

saaya
06-15-2008, 11:53 PM
k, thanks, i will pm that guy to check why he thinks the xmp caused the problems

Kensek
06-17-2008, 05:35 PM
k, thanks, i will pm that guy to check why he thinks the xmp caused the problems

The Asus P5Q3 arrived today and I installed the Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 sticks. The P5Q3 booted up flawlessly with them.

However, the BlackOps will cause this Ram Module in every BlackOps out there not to POST because of an E0 error caused by the XMP.

Please fix this you Techie Geniuses with a BIOS update !!

PLEASE.

AL (The Fonz)

LardArse
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
The Asus P5Q3 arrived today and I installed the Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 sticks. The P5Q3 booted up flawlessly with them.

However, the BlackOps will cause this Ram Module in every BlackOps out there not to POST because of an E0 error caused by the XMP.

Please fix this you Techie Geniuses with a BIOS update !!

PLEASE.

AL (The Fonz)

ok!

saaya
06-18-2008, 11:19 PM
for now, could you please make a dump of the spd on the p5q3 using spdtool and post it here?

axlros75
06-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Sorry guys,
anyone knows when Foxconn Dreadnoughts (790i) will be on stock?

Thanks

Kensek
06-19-2008, 04:03 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6613/patriotspdag7.png

Not sure if this will help. It looks like SPDTool 0.62 cannot read the memory info due to the new P45 chipset on this Mobo.

AL (The Fonz)

SoF
06-19-2008, 01:14 PM
good to have you guys as a direct support here :toast: maybe you will hate me soon as I can be a pain when something is good but it can be faster :ROTF:

saaya
06-20-2008, 12:53 AM
kensek, hmmmmm did you try systool?
sof, not really, if its valid constructive criticism its very welcome! :D

BustaH
06-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Good to see this thread. Im currently waiting for my Blackops rma to be returned/replaced so its good to know you guys are here.:up:

saaya
06-26-2008, 12:49 AM
glad to help :toast: