PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on G9 from users?

cegras
06-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Alright, call me crazy but the more I stare at the G9 the more I like it. My hands are pretty big .. I think they span a 9 inch from pinky to thumb and I use a G5 at the moment.

Disregarding its .. 'unique' styling, for people that DO have the G9 how does it feel and play?

The one thing I'm most concerned about is the left mouse button. Does it click well? Is it heavy or light? I prefer a more robust click, the G5 is a bit too weak and sometimes I hit it without knowing (I tried the Habu a while ago, and liked the feel. Reviews said no, though).

sonofander
06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
BEST MOUSE I EVER HAD (all caps cause I mean it!) :D

chunkylover77
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
It took a little getting used to it's shape for me but I would agree with sonofander. It is a great mouse.

cegras
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Oooh .. sounds good : )

How would you characterize the left and right mouse buttons? Are they heavy and make a loud click, or are they light and wussy like the G5?

tiro_uspsss
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
BEST MOUSE I EVER HAD (all caps cause I mean it!) :D

++++++++++111111111 :D

Oooh .. sounds good : )

How would you characterize the left and right mouse buttons? Are they heavy and make a loud click, or are they light and wussy like the G5?

they are a lil heavier than G5 - but then I didnt find the G5 buttons 'light & wussy' :D :up:

comc49
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
omg 75 bucks for a mouse.. i could buy a cheap vid card..
i'm still using ball mouse XD

Minnyboy
06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
didn't like it. maybe cos i got asian hands. went back to my g5 rev2...

good mouse but couldn't get used to it after all these years on the g5/mx style mouse i suppose

cantankerous
06-10-2008, 01:17 AM
I find the click very defined and prominent. I don't recall ever accidentally pressing either button, nor do I recall ever pressing it and not having it respond. It has a feel that just spells 'I know what I'm doing as a mouse'. I do find the shape a bit odd. I am used to it now though I still prefer the shape and feel of my MX518. I find when my hand rests on the mouse that my pinky never really has anywhere to go so just kinda lays on my mouse pad itself while the rest of my hand is on the mouse. Hard to explain but I can feel it. Overall it is very quick and responsive though I do feel a lot of what it has to offer are gimmicks and marketing enhancements. I would still recommend it however if you already have a G5 Rev. 2 I would stick with that. Anything less and the switch over may be worth it if you have the coin to spare and can get used to the feel.

Lloyd
06-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Simply AWESOME!! Once you use one, no other mouse will come close - even my old G7 feels odd now.
I've upgraded my other 2 gaming rigs to G9's too. Superb mouse

G.Foyle
06-11-2008, 05:49 AM
It's pure mousing heaven. I went through MX300 -> G3 -> G9, and several Razer mice for very short time, and none even came close to G9 when it comes to comfort.

Just make sure to get yourself a nice mouse pad :D

Lloyd
06-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Ah yeah mouse mat - i'm using the new razor Destructor, it's really good when used with a G9

chunkylover77
06-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Im using the icemat v2. It is a very nice combo.

Lloyd
06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
yeah i kept swapping betwen my icemat and a razor exact mat untill i got the razor destructor - v good indeed :)