PDA

View Full Version : First Tj-07 WC setup..need advices and infos

R4z3R
06-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi guys,
I'm going to build a new Wc setup and since this is my first time :D...I'm asking for some infos and advices..:)

so if there's something you would change or something that is missing please feel free to say, this is really important for me because I'm buying from Petras and I'm from Italy, so I cannot change easily once I've taken the pieces and I don't have so much time to make up my mind

So please help :)

This will be a cpu only loop (I wanna start with an easy loop) but I'm going to upgrade in the future so keep in mind that something could be oversized.
I didn't include compression fittings because even if they're so sexy, it would be 48$ just for that :eek:

To be cooled: Q6600 b3 (obviously oc as much as it can)
Aim: Max silence possible

So, setup:

- Dtek Fuzion V2 + Quad chamber
- Laing DDC w/ DDCT-01 top (the 9w version, and if i need more pressure i can do the soldering mod) + Gel stuff
- Thermochill PA120.3 (going to buy it right from the uk shop) oversized but it is just 10€ more than 120.2
- 3xScythe S-Flex (not decided between E and F yet but I think will be E because my first aim is silence)
- 1x Scythe Kaze Master + 1x Kama Meter
- EK Res 150ml + Anti-cyclone addon
- 10\15ft. Masterkleer 7/16 ID 5/8 OD (tygon are too expensive, not worth the price ihmo)
- 8xHose clamp size D
- Shin Etzu x22 + Artic Clean
- Feaser UV clear + Distilled water
- Wire sleaving kit uv blue
- 2x uv neon + 2x blue led

thank you in advance, :up:
RzR

evil-98
06-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey RzR

are you only willing to order from petras? i understand that you live in italy but im sure there are other place that will ship internationally

first off, all parts look great and it looks like youve gotten ever aspect down remember to calculate how many fittings you will need
and remember that the fittings for the thermochill rad are G3/8 which are different to all your other componets.

forget the Gel stuff, will do nothing for you but cause trouble. DDC are prone to overheating, so its easier to mount them raised from
its base. also you might want to consider different tops.

Martinm210, our testing guru here did a great review on most all tops available for the DDC, http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178575
the XSPC has been deemed king, but after my first purchase i feel a ripped off because of the quality of the top. very poorly made non the less im sure i preforms
well for i have not tried them yet.

everything else looks good

good luck :up:

R4z3R
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey RzR

are you only willing to order from petras? i understand that you live in italy but im sure there are other place that will ship internationally

first off, all parts look great and it looks like youve gotten ever aspect down remember to calculate how many fittings you will need
and remember that the fittings for the thermochill rad are G3/8 which are different to all your other componets.

forget the Gel stuff, will do nothing for you but cause trouble. DDC are prone to overheating, so its easier to mount them raised from
its base. also you might want to consider different tops.

Martinm210, our testing guru here did a great review on most all tops available for the DDC, http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178575
the XSPC has been deemed king, but after my first purchase i feel a ripped off because of the quality of the top. very poorly made non the less im sure i preforms
well for i have not tried them yet.

everything else looks good

good luck :up:

Thanks Evil :up:

actually I'm not getting the parts shipped cuz I'm flying to california on the 15th, so I'm getting them by hand (I'm getting only the thermochill shipped directly from uk but the price is the same for me), petras is the only Wc shop I know in ca. (arriving in S Francisco and driving to Monterey) so if you can suggest others in the neighborhood will be great :)

thermochill fittings is an aspect I didn't considered, so could cause problems with that size of tubing and hose clamp? should i buy bigger fittings?

interesting, by raised from the base do you mean hanged by the tube with the hose clamp, do you understand what i mean? if so is it safe?

I read the martin's tests but I chose that top only because it's the only petras has, and i think it looks nice, doesn't it?

cheers, thank you :D
:up:
RzR

evil-98
06-05-2008, 12:06 PM
ok, i see now. petras sells fitting for the thermochill anyways so just ask them when you get there. as for the floating pump, i do that all the time :)
and the petra tops do look nice. dont worry about tube sizes the threads are the only thing that is different, the outer diameter of the fittings are
the same as long as you buy them the same size (1/2" OD)

have fun in SF, i love it there. the weather is nice, cold but nice

R4z3R
06-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks again evil

so last few questions:

will the thermochill fit in the bottom of the temijin (as I've seen yes) and will I have problems with the PSU covering a fan?
should I use something to rise it from the bottom?

and as I'm not so experienced in modding, will be the leds and uv I chose enough for having a nice light effect (water + feaser clear) or should i get more?

thanks
RzR

lyl
06-06-2008, 05:54 AM
- 2x uv neon + 2x blue led

and as I'm not so experienced in modding, will be the leds and uv I chose enough for having a nice light effect (water + feaser clear) or should i get more?

well, what products are these?

1 or 2 uv light sources should make the fesser+wire sleeving have a nice glow

looks like a good build! enjoy SF

R4z3R
06-06-2008, 07:37 AM
they're logisys uv and leds (the only that petras has in stock)

what about previous rad questions?

thanks
RzR :D

ps: I decided to go for the 150ml reservoir because i think it's easier to fit