PDA

View Full Version : Getto Style System A/C Unit

Clone
09-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Here's my prototype system a/c. It's plain and simple....Heatsinks and fans on both sides of the pelter. The hot heatsink mounts outside the case and the cold heatsink inside. Getto rigged like you see it, the case temps dropped 10deg. If the cold heatsink was sealed inside the case the temps would be much lower.:banana:

Ulfar
09-13-2003, 06:23 PM
rofl, that is gh3tto. Looks like the comp is smoking it up :banana4:. But thats good thinking

ch!mera
09-13-2003, 08:00 PM
:banana: gotta love ghetto:D good idea:toast:

eXtenz
09-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Clone, i have been thinking about this very idea for 2 years now, and ive been wanting to try it, infact i grabed 2 80w pelts for xmas a year or 2 ago, and some xeon slot 2 heatsinks... but i didnt have the psu strength to even run one and get it cool enough, so that failed then i ended up selling off the pelts... but im going to be doing this for my next system and was wondering if we could work together or chat somewhere and work up a efficient design for it..... ill post some pics of what my idea will be like in a few gotta do it up in ps.... you got aim or hang out in irc where we can chat about this?

also what are your specifications of that air chiller you made? pelt size and such

EDIT:: heres some pics, not great but ill try to describe em as much as i can...

http://www.pcbruisers.com/forumpics/fig1.jpg

k so i would have 3 heatsinks basicly, one a nice alpha slot1/slota for cooling the hot side, i would DUCT that off and out of the case immediately, with 2 80mm fans cooling it....

heres and overhead view of what it would look like sorta.....

http://www.pcbruisers.com/forumpics/fig2.jpg

then the other 2 heatsinks would be some aluminum blocks from becooling.safeshopper.com that cost like 2.99, and they should hold a 80mm each... now, they would both have their own tecs, one of the heatsinks would just blow air around in the case
the other one would be DUCTED to teh cpu heatsink..... so if i had a 30cfm heatsink fan, i would use like a 40cfm fan to blow air thru the duct....

i was thinking of 2 51.4w peltiers but that is why i asked what your peltiers were, and if you have any questions about what i just said please let me know and ill try to sort it out, ive been up for 48hrs now :-D

Clone
10-02-2003, 01:58 PM
i was thinking of 2 51.4w peltiers but that is why i asked what your peltiers were, and if you have any questions about what i just said please let me know and ill try to sort it out, ive been up for 48hrs now :-D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well thats about as far as mine got until I can get another system built to experiment on.:toast:

But the answer is 80watts and I only used 1 TEC.

In the "getto rig" I showed above, the heat was recirculating to the cold heatsink, a problem that can be eliminated by mounting the hot sink outside the case and not under the case as shown in your diagram.

If you have Windows Messenger I'm markcrespo@hotmail.com and I'm always connected.

Oc2theSkY
10-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Instead of doing that take apart an a/c unit and put fans behind the evap. Then duct the the air in. If you take the temp sensor for the a/c and stick in near a small heater it will always stay on full blast too. Cardboard, ducttape, and dryer ducts are your friend.