PDA

View Full Version : MSI Wind

Calmatory
06-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Anyone else waiting for this one?

Price expectations? Availability expectations?

Hopefully going to get one in July with 459 Euros. Very salty price when compared to 300 euros Eee PC. :shakes:

RunawayPrisoner
06-03-2008, 11:49 AM
And very disappointing performance when compared to Eee PC as well. It's about on par with an Eee PC.

Good thing is you have the bigger screen, a slightly faster integrated GPU, and a bigger keyboard. About 30 minutes more of battery life, too.

darkone414
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm definitely getting one. Perfect to VNC into all the pc's around the house and other simple tasks. Gonna try to check one out in person before I buy though.

Tallest
06-03-2008, 03:11 PM
im not sure yet, when it comes out i want to see how people put it to good use. im hoping by the time i decide to press the add to cart button there isnt a four month shortage, like every other anticipated affordable electronic device.

Evilsizer
06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
what kind of tests would you guys like to see on a atom based setup? while not a MSI wind i do have a Atom Z520 coming and will be here friday. the bad side is i have to wait till the 9th for any testing. only one dimm slot on the M-ITX board and ordered the ram a bit later then the board. :(

ineedaname
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
And very disappointing performance when compared to Eee PC as well. It's about on par with an Eee PC.

Good thing is you have the bigger screen, a slightly faster integrated GPU, and a bigger keyboard. About 30 minutes more of battery life, too.

Where did u see that the atom is only on par with the celeron?

*edit*
nvm I googled it..
Well that is extremely disappointing.
If atom was a winner this was gonna be a sure thing 4 me since MS already released the requirements for XP in a mini-laptop form factor which showes how this is pretty much the max specs. Hopefully more benches will show a diff story but right now its a bit of a downer which makes the wind (and all other atom stuff) not so attractive. Especially since i can get a C2D dell for about $600 right now.

Okda
06-08-2008, 11:32 AM
i am honestly was planning to buy the EeePC as soon as it reaches the US market but i was not satisfied with the 7" monitor

the EeePC901 is much better

But after seeing the EeePC1000 i made my decision that 10" is the best size for my needs

the MSI Wind and the Dell's version , both are what i am waiting for

Since i will only use this notebook for office and internet usage and i will need to have it with me everywhere i go, exactly like my mobile