PDA

View Full Version : FUAO: Opp / Pilsy / DDT

Marci
07-20-2002, 04:37 AM
Tried both Bios' sent to Majormav last night on the IT7 and neither of them will actually implement 3.2 on DDR even tho the option is there in Bios... we're drawing a blank here...

Still reads 2.7 in PCHealth...

PiLsY
07-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Hmm. Thats very weird.

Try clearing the cmos, loading setup defaults then rebooting. Flash to 8z, cl;ear cmos then load defaults again. Reboot, reset then reboot into bios and set values.

Mine works perfectly with all bioses - havent had to clear cmos or load defaults yet.

Which bios did it come loaded with? Its posible you have a later board revision which shipped with 8Y thats hardware limited to the 2.8v setting.

PiLsY.

Marci
07-20-2002, 10:46 AM
tried all that... had a bios savior on it too swapping from bios to bios (fitted that after all else failed),,, just getting nowhere... wondering if they've released a board revision that's gonna require a hardware vmem mod hip-chip stylee, just trying to figure out which one as the IT7 doesn't have the HIP chips on...

Marci
07-20-2002, 10:47 AM
fancy a trip over to wakefield?!

PiLsY
07-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Gonna need to pick up some better memory (thinking DDR400 - winbond maybe) and a 2.26b next weekend. You guys stock either? If not i'll try and get there anyway, but would save me 2 journeys ;). Could bring my board down too seeing as i'll be rebuilding anyway. Would give you a couple of runs with 3.2vmem - see if we cant improve mavs score a little bit.

Quick pimp while im here - anyone you know after any watercooling kit? Gonna stick a post up on the for sale forum.

PiLsY.

Marci
07-20-2002, 11:05 AM
yeah... pm me with what you've got as I'm still after a rig...

Can get in some DDR400 & a 2.26b for ya no probs, drop me a pm to remind me and i'll get ya prices...

altho, now I think about it I'm off work running my Music Festival (http://www.themusiccollective.co.uk/clarence.shtml) next weekend (plug plug), but free the weekend after... failing that come over for the fest anyways as it's free and there's booze there. ;)

PiLsY
07-20-2002, 11:35 AM
PM sent :).

PiLsY.