PDA

View Full Version : need also a new camera in the 200euro range but clueless

nike
05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
hey guys,
another thread and this time im asking for some help for a new digital camera.
my old olympus sp 320 died on me while being drunk in croatia in the holidays. :D
the camera should have
quite good quality
very less noise(i hate these pixels)
black and white photo function(to make b&w photos)
macro if possible
picture stabilisator(if u got some wanky hands it shouldnt blurry at all :/ )
and a card slot for a sd card
optical and digital zoom

i thougt as in the other thread after looking a bit around the
canon powershot sx100is should be quite good?
i looked a bit around and found a review which said the
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3
has a smaller display but less noise and better quality of pictures?
im totally cluelesss which i shall get, can u help me a bit?
thanks in advance

Nate P.
05-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Canon S5 or S3? But really, good image quality/low noise P&S is an oxymoron.

Shadowmage
07-18-2008, 02:51 PM
The Fuji Finepix F10 and its successors are famous for being great at low noise shots at high ISOs. The picture quality of these are great, especially at low light conditions! Also their battery life is incredible.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf31fd/

Unfortunately they use XD cards.

Soulburner
07-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Shadowmage is right on...up to the F30, they were high ISO kings within the compact world. It's a shame Fuji didn't push these more. The F31fd I got my girlfriend for her birthday actually has a very usable ISO 800 due to its large SuperCCD which is something you can't say about any other compact camera from other companies. It's ISO 800 keeps up with my Nikon D80...it's that good.

I don't know for sure if the later variants follow the same trend though, with the F40 and F50 but I hear they leave something to be desired from F30/F31 users.

Shadowmage
07-22-2008, 12:57 AM
That's right Soulburner, Nikon has unfortunately moved away from the large-sensor/low-MP camera designs that made the F31fd so worthwhile.

I second the IQ at ISO800: my friends with DSLRs were all shocked by the IQ of my $170 F10fd compared against their expensive Canon Rebels.