PDA

View Full Version : check out this rc helicopter

MikeB12
05-26-2008, 01:30 PM
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/flip-the-bird/crazy-rc-chopper-piloting-could-probably-chop-heads-279599.php

all I can say is holy %@#!

Ashraf
05-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Imagine that was an actual helicopter...scary. :lol:

philbrown23
05-26-2008, 02:20 PM
noice!

ferrari_freak
05-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Insane helicopter and props to the guy controlling it with such precision.

stayfrosty
05-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes but can he make it fly forward and rightside up????
^_^

YukonTrooper
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I wonder how many chicks that helicopter has got him laid...

XS Janus
05-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Holly smack!

That was incredible!
You guys sure this is real?

trance565
05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
im skeptical of this being real, the fact that he can get the thing to fly upside down is enough reason for me, even if he got the blades to reverse direction that fast, it still wouldnt produce the kind of lift needed. unless maybe he makes his own blades.

and then it goes from stationary at an angle 90* compared to teh ground, (which is impossible last i checked) to reversing the blades and going like 20 ft, then stopping immediately with no real indication of acceleration, just 0mph, teleport, 0 mph.

dengyong
05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Where can I buy one ?

ZOMGVTEK
05-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Absolutely no doubt its real. I dont see how one could conclude this is fake.

I can kinda fly a rc helicopter, and upside down isnt really any different than rightside up.
Ive seen some people around here do some crazy stuff, but this guy sure kills them.
Thats just crazy. It takes one hell of a powerfull motor and some insane experience.

G H Z
05-27-2008, 08:29 PM
im skeptical of this being real, the fact that he can get the thing to fly upside down is enough reason for me, even if he got the blades to reverse direction that fast, it still wouldnt produce the kind of lift needed.

It's real lol. The blades don't reverse direction, it's all pitch control ;)

trance565
05-27-2008, 10:20 PM
It's real lol. The blades don't reverse direction, it's all pitch control ;)

i dont get how puitch control can keep the helicpoter floating stationary with both blades perpindicular to the ground..... but if you say so. i guess ima have to go fix my copter and play with it some more.

[XC] riptide
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
i dont get how puitch control can keep the helicpoter floating stationary with both blades perpindicular to the ground..... but if you say so. i guess ima have to go fix my copter and play with it some more.

Look closely. He's not stationary. If you analyse its always trying to actually move in a direction parralell to the ground.... but for the stationary shot... he's actually changing its direction all the time to give the idea of stationary. Of course also one moment of the wind forces is always pointing towards the ground which keep the thing up.

gallag
05-28-2008, 12:08 AM
would be the best cgi ever if it was fake lol

[XC] 2long4u
05-28-2008, 01:11 AM
He needs to pilot a UAV.

msimax
05-28-2008, 01:46 AM
now heres some fancy flying
http://www.break.com/index/sex-toy-helicopter-interrupts-speech.html

DIE-TEMP
05-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Guys this is for sure possible. I've flown RC-copters for quite a few years now and am able to flip copters aswell. It's all in the transmitter. A cheap transmitter would never allow that kind of precision flying, he has spent over $400 on the transmitter he uses. Very expensive radio gear makes it much easier.

MikeB12
05-28-2008, 02:10 AM
Yeah, it's real. my question is how many has he totaled getting to that advanced level of skill controlling it... :doh:

many of those tricks were putting the tail rotor just inchces off the ground, I cringed everytime... those high end rc heli components aren't cheap. I bet he's sponsored out the gazoo..

jabski
05-28-2008, 02:21 AM
crazy skills

CyberDruid
05-28-2008, 01:57 PM
My friend has a few small copters and he can do the basics which take weeks to master...I can only imagine the months, years this guys has put inm to get that skiull down. SWEET.

But does it OC?

strange|ife
05-30-2008, 02:42 AM
thats here in las vegas!

unlv stadium as an awesome flight deck a bit out from the hoorah

Origin_Unknown
05-30-2008, 04:19 AM
flying my 2ch rc apachie is hard enough but that is insane

malkiewicz
05-30-2008, 04:29 AM
Seems like the laws of physics don’t apply… Have my doubts...

jas420221
05-30-2008, 04:41 AM
im skeptical of this being real, the fact that he can get the thing to fly upside down is enough reason for me, even if he got the blades to reverse direction that fast, it still wouldnt produce the kind of lift needed. unless maybe he makes his own blades.

and then it goes from stationary at an angle 90* compared to teh ground, (which is impossible last i checked) to reversing the blades and going like 20 ft, then stopping immediately with no real indication of acceleration, just 0mph, teleport, 0 mph.Stick to automobiles... :p:

1. When the blades change angles, its the same amout of lift saying the blade angle it changes to is the same (but opposite) as normal flight.

2. The sideways thing, I cant explain though.

3. Check out the shadows also...tell me if anyone can spot the problem there.

rommel
05-30-2008, 05:43 AM
This is not fake. We have several rc choppers here, dual rotors, single rotor fixed pitch, and 3d (collective pitch) ones. Everything that guy did is all possible if you're proficient enough with the functions of a 3d transmitter and 3d chopper. The verticle flight is more of an illusion of the "Tic Toc" and "cyclone" maneuver, the axis of the main rotor is not exactly vertical to the ground. It is very difficult and there is only one or two of the guys at the local rc club can can perform that. I myself don't have the concentration level of constantly compensating for 3d flight. I've tried on our simulator and actually performed it(tic toc & inverted flight) briefly but ended up crashing everytime. I'll stick to my 2d dual rotor(noob chopper). The guy on the video is totally amazing. It's difficult to appreciate his flight unless you've watched them in person and tried flying 3d rc choppers.