PDA

View Full Version : All these places to buy Pc Goodness!!! Whitch one do you like?

MasterChiefElmo
05-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi I was just wondering were most people bought all there computer supply's via water cooling parts or hardware...so lets see what people pick shall we?

MpG
05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Sidewinder Computers (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/)

Edit: They got to fix the multi-option polling at some point.

biftek.
05-25-2008, 07:57 PM
A lot of us buy from a few places.
Jab-Tech and PTS seem to be the most common. And my favs.
NCIX if your in Canada.

Newegg I buy hardware from, not WC'ing gear, their selection is pretty limited.

HotGore
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Ncix!!!

gmod
05-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Sidewinder is the best for Thermalchill rads

disruptfam
05-25-2008, 08:16 PM
where's the best hardware based online store that ships worldwide? w/good prices

TedShred
05-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Despite one slightly irritating experience (nothin' affecting $$/ quality), and hearing about some other peeps having bad experiences, I've been really happy with PPC's. Though I guess it's not until problems arise that you find out what a seller's made of. But I sure haven't seen anywhere else that can match their selection.

I've heard so many good things about Petras I think I'll try them for the last few parts I need. I get a good vibe from Danger Den too.

iandh
05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Haha, XS is sprung on Petra's. I like those guys too, although I think that Alex and Quoc are about to spring for a caller ID so they know not to answer the phone when I call (I talk a lot). :D

MasterChiefElmo
05-25-2008, 09:09 PM
where's the best hardware based online store that ships worldwide? w/good prices

I'm pretty sure newegg ships world wide... but im not sure they have best prices in the usa for hardware

I put multi option picking on poll because most people buy from alot of stores.

emuexport
05-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I use sidewindercomputers as well! I have used them as they use paypal and you can order online. Excellent & fast service every time i have used them:up::D

pity about shipping costs to Australia but they are always going to be high no matter where you order overseas! :(

I have used Ppcs before bu as someone said earlier sidewinders always seem to have Thermochill radiators! and every time I check Ppcs is out of stock :(

MpG
05-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Sidewinder is also great when you're looking for Tygon, much better prices than most.

psmawson
05-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Some of us live in the UK so you need to add some online shops like

scan.co.uk
overclockers.co.uk
aria.co.uk
microdirect.com
ebuyer.co.uk
dabs.co.uk
novatech.co.uk
chilledpc.co.uk
watercoolinguk.com
misco.co.uk
cclonline.co.uk
kustompcs.co.uk

I usually checkout any of the above shops and see whats offers are on and so on

This pole would need to be huge to accomdate everone

Flip_Lx
05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
i hodge podge on lowest prices + shipping and use places such as:

newegg
PTS
Jab-tech
Performance
Frozencpu

then not on your list
sidewinder
xoxide
svc

Boyu
05-25-2008, 09:56 PM
first option petra
second option Ppcs ( lot of modding collection)

MasterChiefElmo
05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
I would have put more over sea's websites but the poll only allowed 10 subject so i went with many USA.

TedShred
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm pretty sure newegg ships world wide... .

Alas, newegg is strictly US and Puerto Rico.

Man, we need a newegg and a Frys up here!

Giannis86
05-25-2008, 11:52 PM
voted PPcs and PTS:D

junkun13
05-26-2008, 12:49 AM
no sidewinder option? :P

BlueAqua
05-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Sidewinder, PTS and Jab-tech are my favorites. Superb retailers. Newegg of course is good for hardware. I am very impressed with Jab-tech lately, they're incredibly fast.

Martinm210
05-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I like many but Sidewinder, Danger Den, NCIX, and PTS are my favorites... these guys are all excellent and very committed to advancements in the water cooling industry.

We're really lucky to have so many good vendors to choose from, they are all very good and honest folks!!

NaeKuh
05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
PPC is #3 yet all the flaming thats done on this forum..

geeze i wonder why. :T

as i said hank has a great store.

also newegg shouldnt count. Your counting like bestbuy with the small mom and pop stores.

edgeX
05-29-2008, 09:57 AM
For most of my hardware I buy from NewEgg, Fast Fast Fast and Great Customer Service. For specialty items/ water cooling items, Performance PC, Danger Den, Petras, Frozen CPU. I shop them all and go with the best price. Shipping seems to be the biggest difference for most of the items. I always have them ship to my work address, it's cheaper to ship to a business than to your home plus someone can always sign for it

IanY
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
One comment. Frozen CPU has terrible prices and overcharges. However, if all you want is your merchandise and not have to make friends with your retailer, then they are incredibly reliably fast. I have placed orders five minutes before store closing time for next day delivery. Sure, they charge outrageous prices, but 10 am the next day is what I asked for, and they delivered. No phone calls, no credit card processing lag time, nothing. No excuses. They even have their inventory level on their web site.

You can't just evaluate a retailer by the standards of the cheapest prices, or most friendly on XS. I've had P-PCs send me complimentary stuff (that I need, and I'm not talking about ball pens) to make up for shipping mix ups. They've even cross shipped me RMAs without reserving funds on my credit card.

I live on the East Coast, and ground shipping from Newegg gets here the next day without fail. Why should Naekuh who lives in California have to order from Frozen CPU in Upstate New York or from P-PCs in Florida? The same way, why should I have to wait for an order from California?

DRT-Maverick
05-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Jab-tech is located in Reno on the westcoast, so if you're near Nevada, you'll get your stuff quick from there. It shipped in a single day and I selected USPS ground. :) Fair prices too. I thought something was wrong with the order when I saw "Shipped from: Reno NV" i was like "whoah what?! you're shipping TO not from!"

On IanY's comment, I agree. I ordered from P-PC and FrozenCPU because I was unfamiliar with jab-tech and had never ordered from them before. I have to wait 5 days for the items from those two companies to get here, they just got halfway across the US today so I guess I'll get them on Monday. I got my JT stuff on Tuesday.

Waterlogged
05-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Jab-tech is located in Reno on the westcoast, so if you're near Nevada, you'll get your stuff quick from there. It shipped in a single day and I selected USPS ground. :) Fair prices too. I thought something was wrong with the order when I saw "Shipped from: Reno NV" i was like "whoah what?! you're shipping TO not from!"

On IanY's comment, I agree. I ordered from P-PC and FrozenCPU because I was unfamiliar with jab-tech and had never ordered from them before. I have to wait 5 days for the items from those two companies to get here, they just got halfway across the US today so I guess I'll get them on Monday. I got my JT stuff on Tuesday.

Don't think so. J-T's e-support says differently.

https://www.jab-tech.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=15&nav=0,2

DRT-Maverick
05-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Don't think so. J-T's e-support says differently.

https://www.jab-tech.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=15&nav=0,2

Perhaps their offices and servers are located differently, but their warehouse is located in Reno. The items shipped from Sparks, NV 89510 to Reno, NV 89521 in less than 24 hours. I ordered it the night before, it got packaged, then the next day it was here on my doorstep. :)

[XC] NetburstXE
05-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I haven't purchased watercooling supplies yet, so I can't answer for that, but I buy all of my computer hardware from Newegg.

Me1tDown
05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Jab-tech, PTS, and Newegg for me, or I guess FrozenCPU if nobody else has a part and I really need it. Newegg doesn't have a big selection of watercooling parts but they usually have the best prices on Swiftech parts if you need one they happen to have (MCP655s and MCP355s for example), and I seem to be ordering one thing or another from Newegg anyway with disturbing regularity making it easy to add Swifty parts to the order.

Perhaps their offices and servers are located differently, but their warehouse is located in Reno. The items shipped from Sparks, NV 89510 to Reno, NV 89521 in less than 24 hours. I ordered it the night before, it got packaged, then the next day it was here on my doorstep. :)

I believe you that j-t shipped to you from Nevada, but every order I've placed with them has shipped from Oklahoma. It's not unheard of for companies to have multiple warehouses to better serve different parts of the country.

situman
05-29-2008, 01:27 PM
U should add Sidewindercomputers on there as well.

Vidar
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
NCIX, they are cheap and 5 min away from me. OH ya I almost forgot, I absolutely love their price match option.

NaeKuh
05-29-2008, 07:05 PM
LOL...

John being a friend of mine. I can vouch and say Jab-Tech is indeed OK. And NOT Reno. :P

ummm... what did you order?

As i said im very sure its OK. And john personally goes though my order to make sure i have what i asked for, and the return mailing address it has is OK.

migueld
05-29-2008, 07:21 PM
This is my order of preference:

Newegg
Zipzoomfly
Jab-tech
Peformance-PCs
FrozenCPU
SharkaComputers.com (nice compression fittings and european stuff)

I used to head over PTS for Pentosin but Jab-tech has it cheaper with cheaper shipping. I think it's great that PTS has such a great and friendly service, but I don't think the store is that great. The product variety is subpar to others, they are out of stock often, they used to be anti 3/8" (they had only 1/2" stuff not too long ago), and they are EXPENSIVE. Sorry, I think other sites like jab-tech or performance pcs are better.

Let the flames roll :p:

NaeKuh
05-29-2008, 07:42 PM
This is my order of preference:

Newegg
Zipzoomfly
Jab-tech
Peformance-PCs
FrozenCPU
SharkaComputers.com (nice compression fittings and european stuff)

I used to head over PTS for Pentosin but Jab-tech has it cheaper with cheaper shipping. I think it's great that PTS has such a great and friendly service, but I don't think the store is that great. The product variety is subpar to others, they are out of stock often, they used to be anti 3/8" (they had only 1/2" stuff not too long ago), and they are EXPENSIVE. Sorry, I think other sites like jab-tech or performance pcs are better.

Let the flames roll :p:

to each his own.

But for the quality and service alex does to this site, i dont mind paying the extra for the parts. As long as it keeps him on this forum and him in business.

The OOS thing is the only thing that bugs me. But if he's OOS, must mean he doesnt have inventory sitting in shelves long which means he's not doing bad on the business side.