PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Wii, now what?

[XC] Synthetickiller
05-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I just got a Wii as my boss (i'm currently a student worker) thinks its awesome and it gives him someone to play against. The japanese are so silly.:p: But after buy Smash Bros, I am at a loss for what to buy next. I sometimes have people drop by to games, but I usually do 1 player and the Wii was not created with this in mind for the most part.

Anyone have a top 3 or top 5 list of games for the console? Most of the games I see keep reaffirming my notion that the system is just crap. At least having 5 good games would make the purchase not a total failure.

stocius
05-24-2008, 12:53 PM
I just got a Wii as my boss (i'm currently a student worker) thinks its awesome and it gives him someone to play against. The japanese are so silly.:p: But after buy Smash Bros, I am at a loss for what to buy next. I sometimes have people drop by to games, but I usually do 1 player and the Wii was not created with this in mind for the most part.

Anyone have a top 3 or top 5 list of games for the console? Most of the games I see keep reaffirming my notion that the system is just crap. At least having 5 good games would make the purchase not a total failure.

I've actually been in your shoes mate. The head of Res Life at such and such U bought a Wii and we all looked at him blankly.

Most people buy crap like:

Zelda something or other
The Party game with Wario in it. it's really stupid but fun when drunk
SMash you have
Wii sports

Yes, the Wii is mostly crap.

bullet2urbrain
05-24-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=128291

;)

Top 5 would be

1.) Super Mario Galaxy
2.) Super Smash Bros << Already Own
3.) Mario Kart Wii
4.) Metroid
5.) Guitar Hero 3
6.) Zelda

but thats without you giving me any insight as to what games you play

[XC] Synthetickiller
05-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks. I bought metroid prime last night before reading your post. I love the FPS genre, but metroid just doesn't play well. Its just impossible to aim effectively at enemies. Like I said, I bought the system for political reasons, but I feel jipped. Any game that requires motion just seems to not play well or cost more than 10 bucks (and those games aren't worth more than $10). I'll be returning Metroid and probably just going to save the $40 towards an xbox360 when and if the blu-ray drive comes out.

Edit: I decided to change some control settings on the game. I'll keep it, but I am very happy I only payed 40 for it. Comparing this to UT3, which is $20 cheaper, really compels me to say that the pricing of wii games should be no more than $35 - $40.

cookerjc
08-15-2008, 11:15 PM
metroid prime is like, but not a FPS
it is an adventure game:)

Knight203
08-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Dont bother with Guitar hero 3 its a waste of money on the wii there is lagg from the time you press a button and it shows up on screen becuz of the wireless "mote" I thought it was the battery's then i put in 2 freshly charged ones and it did the same thing..thinking the battery's might be broken I bought new ones...same thing.

zanzabar
08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
u need to buy the game cube controller for it, then metroid, smash bros, and zelda are playable. but the WII isnt for gamers its for drunks and families and then once u get over the wii mote u will go back to your old system (console or pc)

and dont bother with an xbox now the new one is going to be unveiled in q1 09

Reznik Akime
08-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Bought a Wii, now what?

This is why I didn't buy one. I was afraid of saying the exact same thing. All I would want is Smash Bros. and when I got done with it, what next? Galaxy didn't interest me and I beat Twilight Princess on GC. Metroid would be the only other game I would care for getting. :shrug:

amped_imports
08-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Zelda is a great game
Mario Galaxy is a great game
Super Smash Brothers, another great game (you already own it though)
DDR Hottest Party (I love it bash me as you will)
Super Paper Mario (long game....and LOTS of reading....LOTS, but good 70+ hour game if you want to try to beat all challenges and side missions)

I find myself playing more Wii Sports when friends come over, so I think I'm going to invest in 2 more controllers/nunchucks. By doing this I might as well get the Wii Play game/controller combo deal. Wii Play isn't bad, but it gets old quick, except for tank game.

Also the Wii Zapper is out now (the plastic thing that makes the Wiimote/nunchuck into a gun) and comes with the Zelda Target Practice game. I haven't played it but heard good things about it. And.....if you get that, you might as well shell out the $20 and get the House of the Dead 3 & 4 (both on the same disc which is nice)

Oh yeah, and buy Chicken Shoot if you hate your life.