PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

projecticeberg
05-20-2008, 03:30 PM
hey guys its me again
i have a couple of questions about ocing my processor and ram. check out my sig for specifications

i have an amd athlonx2 3600 brisbane(65nm) stock= 1800mhz 200x9 and its at 1.3v and both cores are between 15-23c with about 30% load on both cores and i have my ac on
my ram is corsair xms2 ddr2 at 675mhz stock voltage is 1.9volts

i have been running it stable at 2.6/ 2.7 with a 8.5 multiplier and i dont remember what i had a the for voltage because i had to clear cmos 2 days ago and lost my oc the ram was at like close to 1066 im not sure tho

i was wondering if anyone knew how much head room i have with my processor and ram

also i was wondering if you guys knew the best settings for a stable oc on my system i dont want it dead in 3 weeks its been with me for about 8months now and is a great proc

thank you
-ben

loopy83
05-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Nobody can say, what the best settings are.... you have to test it for your own again :(

BTW: check your temp read out.... 15°C isn´t possible... maybe if ambient is arround 0-5°C

projecticeberg
05-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Nobody can say, what the best settings are.... you have to test it for your own again :(

BTW: check your temp read out.... 15°C isnīt possible... maybe if ambient is arround 0-5°C

i know not to trust onboard temp sensors for accurate temps (id been browsing here unregistered for a while and learned alot from you guys) but thats what coretemp told me at the time i got that reading i had my ac on full blast and the door to my room closed with my front delta sucking in at full blast
and it was probably around 60 in my room at the time so it was cold but i dont think that cold

projecticeberg
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I know that no one can say how high my specific processor can go but, i was wondering if there was a general voltage limit that 65nm 3600x2s or just
65nm athlons in general can take before they die.
I want to keep it at a stable voltage
same question with my ram. its at 1000mhz at 1.95b (is that safe should it be higher for corsair???)
the proc's at exactly 2700mhz with a 9x multiplier at 300mhz fsb
the cpu's vddc is at 1.465v and 1.3v vid and the 790fx nb is at 1.1v
i have gotten it to boot at 2.85 and once at 2.9

is there anyone out there that has a 3600 or just 65nm athlon that can give advice, or tell me if these settings are safe, or what i should do for a higher clock.

thanks,
-ben