PDA

View Full Version : I can't fill my loop (help)

leoftw
05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
well I just finished my looop but I'm not sure how to fill it . I first filled my reservoir and then kept filling it and filling it till I could fill it no more. Most of the tubing has water however some spots have gaps in and I'm not sure if the water is flowing through the tubes . I hear the pump on but I'm not sure if its working. The thing that dawned on me right now is that I did not have the reservoir open when I had the pump running . Could this be why ? I had close the whole on the top of the reservoir . Either way can anyone help please.

FYI: those gaps of water (air im guessing) dont flow with the water. They just sit there . THats why I think that the water is not flowing .

Istasi
05-20-2008, 10:58 AM
If you resevoir isn't open, there is nowhere for the air to escape.

Cptn Vortex
05-20-2008, 11:07 AM
You need to get water into the pump, to start the flow. I suggest filling, then run the pump for 1 second, then stop. repeat over and over, until you have most of the air out, and the pump flows. You dont want to be running the pump with air in it, it could kill it.

MpG
05-20-2008, 12:03 PM
The volume of air and water in the loop will remain a constant, they just move around until the air winds up in the reservoir. So the air doesn't actually need to 'escape', you just need to make sure the reservoir has some fluid to feed into the pump, and top it up before it becomes completely full of air. Thus, you don't actually need the reservoir to be open when the pump's running.

aspire.comptech
05-20-2008, 12:07 PM
The volume of air and water in the loop will remain a constant, they just move around until the air winds up in the reservoir. So the air doesn't actually need to 'escape', you just need to make sure the reservoir has some fluid to feed into the pump, and top it up before it becomes completely full of air. Thus, you don't actually need the reservoir to be open when the pump's running.

QFT. :up:

kinghong1970
05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
leo, make sure you have good water supply from res to pump... then turn on pump for a sec or two and shut off... you will see it shoot the water out...
then fill water more...

pump will not move water if the impeller area is filled with air...
and you will notice water gets moved fast... so on and off and fill... repeat...

that's how i did mine...

when you feel you got a steady water flow, then you can fill the res a bit more and try to bleed out.

as mentioned... opening the rad cap does not affect it much.

Solidsnake666
05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Just wondering where you put the pump in respect to the res. Not just in the loop, but where in your case as well.

leoftw
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Just wondering where you put the pump in respect to the res. Not just in the loop, but where in your case as well.

Where the highest drive in the stacker goes.

If I can't get myself to fill a loop im about to sell all my crap . This is pissing me off lol . I'm serious too .
You guys might see a thread in a couple of hours if I can't figure out how to fill my loop because If I cant do that I have no business watercooling.

Flip_Lx
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
you put your pump above your res? or your res is in the highest slot and the pump is elsewhere?

if your able to tip the case so that your pump is getting fluid into it and then pour more fluid into the rest while running your pump for little time frames (2-4 seconds). probably require a 2nd pair of hands

Solidsnake666
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
maybe pics would help us understand whats wrong

Shocker003
05-21-2008, 01:39 AM
maybe pics would help us understand whats wrong

+1:up:

Boyu
05-21-2008, 01:57 AM
a picture will able to tell more than just a word

F1ZZY
05-21-2008, 05:39 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/Fizzy_UK/Fishing_MY/worthlesswithoutpics.gif

gmod
05-23-2008, 05:30 AM
He has given up already...Stuff is for sale. To bad to if he would just post pics the experts could have helped him...Because he is obviously doing something wrong..

kinghong1970
05-23-2008, 05:53 AM
leo, c'mon dude, post some pics and pull the stuff off the sale...

iirc, you even modded your case, no?

Sparda
05-23-2008, 06:09 AM
leo, make sure you have good water supply from res to pump... then turn on pump for a sec or two and shut off... you will see it shoot the water out...
then fill water more...

and you will notice water gets moved fast... so on and off and fill... repeat...

that's how i did mine...

when you feel you got a steady water flow, then you can fill the res a bit more and try to bleed out.

Probabaly he doesnt prime his pump with water properly to make sure the pump is alright. Usually people use short pulse on the pump like king said to fill the loop. Just make sure the res is higher than the pump when you start to fill up the loop.

edit : I saw you picture at the sale section and read again your first post. You did all the setup fine just not sure bout the pump still alive. :P

leoftw
05-23-2008, 08:30 AM
yeah dude I gave up.

I'm not patient enough with problems and should have never done this at first. I did put two holes in back of my stacker but thats it. I don't even overclock that much but its not worth the headaches. I spent about 380 with shipping / taxes and reordering stuff all together and I'm almost selling it for half that.

Im sorry guys I dont deserve to be in your presence.

Sabre2
05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Where is the stuff for sale at?

Sparda
05-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Where is the stuff for sale at?

Hehe you already have 100 post should have access and know bout the sale section. Go click at leoftw profile and click at his post at sale section. :)

Solidsnake666
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't :( what about me? I'm interested

G80
05-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Thats nothing compared to my wc'ing hell

*7/16 tubing + Nylon barbs....anyone?
*res and pump at the same level. Except a u shaped hose betwen, that points upwards. Bleeding =pita
*everything installed, 1 leak out of nowhere...even though i leaktested it.
*etc

Totaly worth it though, E6650 @ 3.4Ghz @ the moment. 37 degrees idle

Xavior
05-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Things like these are usually easily solved, yet you give up that easily. A shame, really.:)

leoftw
05-23-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah Im sorry peeps if you cant view the FS section pm me and I'll give you a good deal. At least I could hook up my stacker with a crap load of fans :P

sbinh
05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
then fill water more...

that's how i did mine...

Exactly what I on my 2 systems ... :up::up:

Aldy402
05-23-2008, 04:01 PM
damn you just had to keep maneuvering your case until the water reached the pump, then you could keep adding water with the res cap open..
hopefully you'll try again in the near future..

icrunk
05-23-2008, 04:24 PM
if you gave us pics we could've helped! but it sounded like your pump was at the highest point